autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq I2 + P&S Carpet Bomber + P&S Enzyme + P&S Peroxide Finisher + Carpro Clarify + CarPro GlassFiber

Reviews without picture kind of suck, but the pictures I took today were AWFUL. This was my Xmas haul to myself.

TLNR

GTechniq I2 Tri-Clean's AWESOME
    P&S Carpet trio - not bad, I need to try them more before I make a solid judgement.
    Drill Brush - wish I had one of these forever ago. 1st time using one
    CarPro Clarify - love it
    CarPro GlassFiber towels - Need a 50 box of them!

1st thing - AG NEEDS to start selling the Detail Factory brushes, I bought the short handle gray one. Prior my go to interior brush was an Auto Finesse boars head, it cost twice this one, and shed like crazy. I did the entire interior and it didn't lose a single bristle, soft but still cleaned well. Now on to the products you can buy here

Gtechniq I2 Tri-Clean. This has been on my radar for years, but for whatever reason this is the 1st time I ordered it. The Gtechniq stuff I've used, I like a lot.

Why use Gtechniq I2 Tri-Clean?
    I2 Tri-Clean is an all-surface interior product that cleans, kills 99.9% of bacteria and absorbs odours.
    Developed in conjunction with the global leader in antibacterial and antimicrobial technology, BioCote®, I2 ensures surfaces remain hygienic and fresh, by actively reducing the number of microbes.
    I2 also contains a true odour absorber, not an odour mask, that elimnates tacky residues that attract dirt.

Sounds fancy, a few sprays on the head of the detail brush and it lathered up nicely. I can't comment on the antibacterial claims - but if I believe what they say it's definite extra thumbs up. I can comment on the odor absorbing though. This car had sat with 2 of it's windows cracked an inch in pouring rain all night. 2 days later, it smells musty and pretty damn bad inside. The odor claims were part of what made me buy I2. Last night I sprayed 4-5 sprays inside and when I came out today start cleaning the smell was close to unnoticeable, a good 85% better, and that was just with me spraying and walking away. GTechniq says you can also use it on fabric and carpet. I will say it smells pretty good, it's an unusual smell though. One of GTechniq's thing's is not to add a bunch of fragrances and un-needed crap to their chemicals to make them smell better. There's no berry, watermelon or lemon scents. I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of, but it's a pretty mild clean chemical-ly smell. Price wise it's not cheap, maybe even semi expensive, but it has antibacterial + odor absorbing. This is a premium product and I would have zero problem spending $100 on the 5l jug (which I'll order when this runs out) The dash and door panels look great, no shine, just clean and a richer black. I haven't used it enough to say it's the greatest ever, but it's really good stuff. As with everything I've used from GTechniq. IMHO a lot of interior cleaners are nothing more than an APC with a new label. This product actually has stuff in it which differs it from every other interior product I've used. I might even recommend this for the odor removal stuff alone. It's cheaper than so2pure and did a fantastic job with a very heavy smell that was heading towards mildew in a day or 2.

I bought all 3 P&S carpet/fabric cleaners, and used them with the medium (white bristle) drill brush on my Ryobi 18v. Now I don't know what are the recommended drill speeds and torque settings. Which means I Googled it right? Wrong, again I used my man powers and just winged it. I started low torque and worked up until it would spin with no stalling. I also tried it on speed 2, which is much faster. I wasn't overly impressed with them as a trio. On light gray interior some spots did come out and sort of did, and others look about the same. The sun was going down, so I'll wait for it to dry and go over it again tomorrow and see if I can get better results. I'm admitting it could have been operator error lol. The brush is fantastic though! The Corolla on the front black mats was so dingy you could only read olla. The badges look almost as white as day 1 now. I could have gotten the same results by hand, but it would taken a long time and required a bunch of unnecessary manual hard scrubbing. 10 seconds with this brush on low speed with low torque and perfect results.

CarPro Clarify - I hate doing windows, but this is the new new cleaner, The Guz liked it a lot in his reviews, and he knows more than I do. So I ran and bought some. This smells good, I don't know what, but it's a pleasant smell. The windows weren't super bad so I can't comment on how well it cleans. BUT... the bottle says no streaking, and it didn't steak. So that's +1 for Carpro. I used their GlassFiber towels - FAN TASTIC. The price might scare people away, I ordered 5 (so I could save 5% lol) And I want to order 20 more. It was faster and easier to clean the front windshield. A few sprays, and I didn't have to go over areas 2-3 times. One wipe then 1 wipe on a dry side and I was done. The towel has a foam core, which absorbs liquid so you don't have to use 15 damn towels to do all the windows. Once isn't enough to say it's my favorite glass towel ever. But it's already damn close. And it has the cool old spinny nozzle head. So instead of "spray" and "stream" I can fine tune it a bit more. The bottles are interesting, they're so tall they don't fit properly in my bag which has holders for 16oz bottles all around it. The top still zips but they poke up an inch, so anything I put on top might cause them to break or something. I like the bottles though. @ $10 each there's no getting around the towels are pricey, I got them on "sale" and bought 5 so I got an extra 5% off, and it was still $7.50 a towel. The cleaner's not cheap either. But it works great and I had no streaks. I'll always keep a can of Stoners around though. The towels don't lint either, I don't know if they even could, I'm not sure what they're made out of it. They feel nothing like any of the other 250 different towels I have. They also don't seem to bunch up or drag. That might have been partially due to the Clarify though. Tomorrow I'll try the rear-window with Stoners and report back. I enjoyed the towel immensely.

2. Thanks Diner, Jim w, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq I2 + P&S Carpet Bomber + P&S Enzyme + P&S Peroxide Finisher + Carpro Clarify + CarPro GlassFiber

The P&S interior trio is PHENOMENAL! I highly recommend it, especially as a professional detailer.

4. Thanks Diner, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq I2 + P&S Carpet Bomber + P&S Enzyme + P&S Peroxide Finisher + Carpro Clarify + CarPro GlassFiber

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    The P&S interior trio is PHENOMENAL! I highly recommend it, especially as a professional detailer.
    Welp that means I probably didn't use it correctly lol. Tomorrow I'll try again and this time I dunno, pay more attention or something. I will say the price is super, it's like a gallon is pretty much the same price as a 16oz bottles of a boutique brand stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Does the 3rd step perixide product leave a visual difference on the carpets? Or do you sort of have to just trust it made a difference?

I have the Carpet Bomber.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams at perpetualradiance View Post

CarPro Clarify - I hate doing windows, but this is the new new cleaner, The Guz liked it a lot in his reviews, and he knows more than I do. So I ran and bought some. This smells good, I don't know what, but it's a pleasant smell. The windows weren't super bad so I can't comment on how well it cleans. BUT... the bottle says no streaking, and it didn't steak. So that's +1 for Carpro. I used their GlassFiber towels - FAN TASTIC. The price might scare people away, I ordered 5 (so I could save 5% lol) And I want to order 20 more. It was faster and easier to clean the front windshield. A few sprays, and I didn't have to go over areas 2-3 times. One wipe then 1 wipe on a dry side and I was done. The towel has a foam core, which absorbs liquid so you don't have to use 15 damn towels to do all the windows. Once isn't enough to say it's my favorite glass towel ever. But it's already damn close. And it has the cool old spinny nozzle head. So instead of "spray" and "stream" I can fine tune it a bit more. The bottles are interesting, they're so tall they don't fit properly in my bag which has holders for 16oz bottles all around it. The top still zips but they poke up an inch, so anything I put on top might cause them to break or something. I like the bottles though. @ $10 each there's no getting around the towels are pricey, I got them on "sale" and bought 5 so I got an extra 5% off, and it was still $7.50 a towel. The cleaner's not cheap either. But it works great and I had no streaks. I'll always keep a can of Stoners around though. The towels don't lint either, I don't know if they even could, I'm not sure what they're made out of it. They feel nothing like any of the other 250 different towels I have. They also don't seem to bunch up or drag. That might have been partially due to the Clarify though. Tomorrow I'll try the rear-window with Stoners and report back. I enjoyed the towel immensely.
    Glad you like both of them. Both are great products. The scent for Clarify is supposed to be banana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Glad you like both of them. Both are great products. The scent for Clarify is supposed to be banana.
    Hummm, I HATE Bananas, not even really a fan of the smell of them. I already said I like the smell, so I guess I can't go smell it and come back and say I hate it, because I know what it's suppose to be and it will influence my mind. Bananas huh? well I'll be

Post Thanks / Like

Hummm, I HATE Bananas, not even really a fan of the smell of them. I already said I like the smell, so I guess I can't go smell it and come back and say I hate it, because I know what it's suppose to be and it will influence my mind. Bananas huh? well I'll be
    I forget who it was, but someone told me that Meguiars Ultimate Polish is actually banana scented... That kinda screwed with my mind because for years UP was the 1st product that always came to mind as far best smelling detailing product even though I could never quite describe it.

I always thought of UP as blue nyan colored glue scent... But yellow banana scent? I hate banana flavored stuff especially candy, so finding out UP is supposed to be banana scent damn near ruined it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do with the tri-clean the doors and dashboards? I'm going to use this later but I was thinking more for fabric. If you use it on the dashboards it has no UV protection or anything like that. I'd probably put something else over it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    What did you do with the tri-clean the doors and dashboards? I'm going to use this later but I was thinking more for fabric. If you use it on the dashboards it has no UV protection or anything like that. I'd probably put something else over it?
    You know, I was thinking about this last night, it's got all this goodness, but no UV protection. I don't have anything at the moment. I'll probably get some 303 protect and spray it over, or.... go look for another product that cleans+has UV. I don't think I've seen any that have UV + AB + odor stuff. Looks like no matter what way I go, I'll need at least 2 products.

I2 + 303 would be a pretty slick combo though imho,

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I was thinking about this last night, it's got all this goodness, but no UV protection. I don't have anything at the moment. I'll probably get some 303 protect and spray it over, or.... go look for another product that cleans+has UV. I don't think I've seen any that have UV + AB + odor stuff. Looks like no matter what way I go, I'll need at least 2 products.

I2 + 303 would be a pretty slick combo though imho,
    I like pinnacle rubber and vinyl cleaner and conditioner. It's the best I've found plus it cleans. A lot of stuff just protects.

The old pinnacle brand stuff works better than the black label stuff. The original glass cleaner and rain repellent works way better than the new black label stuff especially.