If you were a detailer in the late 1990 and 2000’s then you remember when carnauba was king. These were the days of Pinnacle Souveran, P21S, S100, Collonite 915, Dodo Juice, and Zymol. These were the days before everything was infused with ceramic and when detailers would “spit shine” their carnauba applications with cold distilled water to enhance the shine.

I still remember purchasing my first jar of Pinnacle Souveran on a “group buy”. If you were a Pinnacle Souveran fan like I was then you know there probably wasn’t a better wax for reds and blacks that was easier to use than Souveran. The topper of choice for Souveran was Pinnacle Crystal Mist and this detail spray seemed to take the warm look and glow of this wax to the next level. To this day I still have a bottle in my detailing arsenal. When I saw that PBMG was finally bringing Crystal Mist into the “ceramic age” I was very excited as a long-time user. PBMG was gracious enough to send me a bottle of Pinnacle Crystal Mist for review. I finally have had the chance to try it on several cars of different colors including white, red, and black. Below are my thoughts and observations of the new enhanced Crystal Mist.

Product Description: Pinnacle Ceramic Crystal Mist Detail Spray is a new spin on the classic Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray! Pinnacle Ceramic Crystal Mist Detail Spray has all the same factors that you love about the original, but with an added ceramic infusion to provide added gloss, slickness, and water beading! Pinnacle Ceramic Crystal Mist Detail Spray is perfect for removing light surface contamination such as dirt, dust, and other debris. Pinnacle Ceramic Crystal Mist Detail Spray has a gentle formula that is safe for use on any waxes, sealed, or ceramic coated paint! With Pinnacle Ceramic Crystal Mist Detail Spray, you'll be able to not only keep your car free of debris, but also boost your existing protection and provide even higher levels of water-beading!

Cost: $29.99 for 16 ounces

Slickness: Outstanding-This was of the first attributes of the product upon application that I noticed. Pinnacle Crystal Mist left the paint finish extremely slick with the towel just gliding across the paint surface.

Application: Excellent-As with any “ceramic” based product I would highly recommend the two-towel method. One towel for application of the product and a second for removal. I have found that if using only one towel that the towel will become saturated with product that will inevitably lead to streaking. I applied a small spritz of Pinnacle Crystal Mist to the application towel and a small spritz onto the paint surface. The product spread easily and was very easy to remove with the second towel. I did use Pinnacle Crystal Mist with one towel on a black car and this did lead to streaking. I ultimately used a second towel for removal and the streaks were easily remove with overall excellent results.

Beading and Gloss: Excellent-The gloss of Pinnacle Crystal Mist seemed to be enhanced with the new addition of ceramic. The looks seemed to be brighter and crisp as compared to the warm glow of the older Crystal Mist. We actually got some much-needed rain and I was actually able to take a photo of the excellent beading of Pinnacle Crystal Mist. This was impressive even for a detail spray. I can’t comment on durability yet and I will attempt to report back.

Final Thoughts: If you were an old-time user of Pinnacle Crystal Mist then I think you will be extremely happy with the ceramic enhancements made to the new Crystal Mist. One advantage is that thew new Pinnacle Crystal Mist is also safe for use with all waxes, sealants, and ceramics unlike the old. Overall Pinnacle Crystal Mist It is very easy to use and offers outstanding gloss and beading.