autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Awesome Experience with P&S Beadmaker

I've been using it after every wash as a drying aid. Longest I've gone between washes was 3 weeks due to heavy rain. It was still beading great. If you're ok with frequent applications, I think it's a great product. With how easy it is to apply, it's a no brainer for me. The only extra step to add this to your routine as a drying aid is pulling the trigger on the sprayer.

2. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    I was thinking the same about the person as being Pam I have never tried bead maker and probably won’t because I have far to many products it just seems like another super detailer that excels in one category and is average in the rest like slickness, gloss, durability or hydrophobic’s. I’m waiting on Graphene fest or I mean SEMA 2020 for new products
    LOL I'm not the only one that calls him "Pam". I call him Pam because the only Pan that I know of is a frying pan.

I think Graphene is going to be the buzz word for 2020.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I randomly thought about checking the material safety data sheet for Bead Maker.

Description:
    Orange, turbid liquid with sweet odor for use as a gloss enhancer for automobile.

Composition:
    <2.5% alcohols, C12-14-secondary, ethoxylated
    <1% Benzyl Benzoate
    >94% Water

I'm no chemist but I can't find what alcohols, C12-14-secondary, ethoxylated is used for.

As my curiosity peaked I looked up another popular spray on QD/sealant Gtecniq C2V3 and its SDS sheet stated

15-30% Aminofunctional Fluid
    1-5% Ethoxylated Isoalchols
    1-5% Decamethycyclopentasiloxane
    Balance is Water

Google search on Aminofunctional Fluid quickly led me to distributors that described it as "Solvent reducible, amino functional silicone fluid that provides a durable, high gloss shine on automotive finishes; or soft hand and excellent water repellency in textile and leather applcations."

Interesting.... hope I didn't open up a can of worms but I've always noticed Bead Maker's awesome gloss, satisfying slickness and lack of durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I randomly thought about checking the material safety data sheet for Bead Maker.

Description:
    Orange, turbid liquid with sweet odor for use as a gloss enhancer for automobile.

Composition:
    <2.5% alcohols, C12-14-secondary, ethoxylated
    <1% Benzyl Benzoate
    >94% Water

I'm no chemist but I can't find what alcohols, C12-14-secondary, ethoxylated is used for.

As my curiosity peaked I looked up another popular spray on QD/sealant Gtecniq C2V3 and its SDS sheet stated

15-30% Aminofunctional Fluid
    1-5% Ethoxylated Isoalchols
    1-5% Decamethycyclopentasiloxane
    Balance is Water

Google search on Aminofunctional Fluid quickly led me to distributors that described it as "Solvent reducible, amino functional silicone fluid that provides a durable, high gloss shine on automotive finishes; or soft hand and excellent water repellency in textile and leather applcations."

Interesting.... hope I didn't open up a can of worms but I've always noticed Bead Maker's awesome gloss, satisfying slickness and lack of durability.
    Thinking that the alcohol and the Benzyl Benzoate is the carrier for which protection chemical that's in BM. And it's not a hazardious chemical. When I heard the chemist and co-owner from P&S talking about the chemistry behind BM. He said he used a monomer. Which can be like Si or a chain of molecules that attach to each other and creates a net of protection like a polymer can do as well. That's also why you let it sit for a while so it can start to do the bonding to the paint. And why it's best results from laying down the thicker foundation layer first with BM so you have a good amount of it to bond to when you repeatedly apply it as a drying aid after that. He mentioned that don't expect more than up to 2 months longevity from it but better to apply it often to keep a good protection from it.

Would be very interesting to see someone coming up with a simple testing that you can measure the actually protection a LSP gives you. Like from bird bombs and ferrous iron particals and road film for an examples. A little you can get with the chemical torture testing some does as you have acidic dirt from bird bombs and bug squash and road film with solvents and like petroleum from leaks and so on. To find something to test with in short term is hard when most of the dirt is on the paints for a longer time in the real world. Wondering what kind of dirt you can have that's on the high alkaline ph levels. That's something that don't make much sense in the chemical torture testing results for me when they use strong APCs and such of products. But then how to know if your protection product is any good to protect is not so easy to know LOL. The clearcoat on it's own is very durable if you think about how many vehicals that don't have any protection products on them and it takes many years until they fails.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it’s therapy for me to do weekly washes on this car. I even wash when it is 34° outside with 2BM filled with warm water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man! 34 degrees is plenty warm enough for a 2 bucket wash. Get yourself some ice fishing gloves. It's the only time of year that I can do a full detail and not break a sweat.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    My man! 34 degrees is plenty warm enough for a 2 bucket wash. Get yourself some ice fishing gloves. It's the only time of year that I can do a full detail and not break a sweat.
    Good tip and thanks! I have been suffering with dish washing vinyl gloves. I figure I can deal with wet or cold but not both.

Post Thanks / Like

Good tip and thanks! I have been suffering with dish washing vinyl gloves. I figure I can deal with wet or cold but not both.
    I can't post the link here on the forum but Bass Pro Shops has Glacier Glove Ice Bay fishing gloves. Your hands will stay warm and dry, yet you can still get the feel of the wash mitt or tools.

9. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Bead Maker as a stand alone protectant on my girlfriend’s car. I initially applied it in the end of August without any paint prep. I initially just sprayed it on to give her paint a little extra slickness and gloss and had no intentions of testing durability. Used it as a drying aid after washing in the end of September and again as a drying aid in the end of October. Yesterday, 1/1, I stripped it to decon and apply Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating. This is how well it was still beading after 1.5 months of neglect and daily driving in Southern California since the last time I’ve topped it off. We’ve had some rain here and there the last month.

This is the beading on the hood before stripping the paint. Beads have been similar during every wash and rain storm.
    Awesome Experience with P&amp;S Beadmaker-37f2b4d4-f415-4f09-8bbc-b38abd58c6b2-jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

I stumbled upon this video last night. This stuff needs to be applied heavy. I don't think most apply this correctly based on the video below. A little does NOT go along way with this one....

P&S Double Black Bead Maker - YouTube

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I stumbled upon this video last night. This stuff needs to be applied heavy. I don't think most apply this correctly based on the video below.

P&S Double Black Bead Maker - YouTube
    Brother, you bumped a 2 year old thread.

14. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast