autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Speed Master Detailer's Seat Review

This is a review of the new Speed Master Detailer's Seat. I had been in the market for a while for a detailers stool/seat as an upgrade from my old Harbor Freight stool. After looking at different stools from Griot's Garage and other manufacturers I decided on the new Speed Master Detailer's Seat. I found that the red/black color combo would match my garage perfectly and the way unique way that the seat could be customized in as a stool/tray/stand made me settle on this model.

Product Description:

The Speed Master Detailer’s seat is the must-have comfort accessory for your garage. The moving seat rolls easily for your convenience, allowing you to roll around the car for different detailing aspects. The cushioned top gives you the comfort you crave, but the sturdy structure gives you the safety you deserve. The lower level of the seat gives your ample storage for your detailing tools, as well as two cup holders for products or even beverages. The seat is able to be broken apart into two pieces and allows for a step to read the top of the car and for a non-moving standalone seat. The added mounted utility bracket provides more storage and a quick access to your brushes.

Cost: $79.99 (currently on sale for $69.99

The Speed Master Detailer's Seat is constructed of very hard plastic with 4 heavy duty roller swivel wheels in the base. The seat is totally customizable for the user allowing them to place various cup holders and tool carriers on the seat if needed. The seat will work perfectly no matter how the user wishes to set it up. The Speed Master Detailer's Seat can be set up in 3 different ways.

1) Detailing Stool
    2) Detailing Stand
    3) Detailing Tray

In this case I oped to set up everything as a detailing stool since I felt I would get the most benefit out of it by allowing me to use it for wheel cleaning and polishing lower areas. The seat has a very large internal compartment that is perfect for holding a polisher or pads while doing paint correction. The seat also gives you the option of attaching two cup holders to the side of the seat and one tool rack to the cart itself in front or back. I opted to install both and found the cup holder to be the perfect size for holding a standard bottle of polish. The attachable tool rack is also perfect for holding various brushes etc for wheel cleaning. Any wheel cleaning tool that would not fit in the tool rack could easily fit in the internal storage area. The stool swivels and moves well with weight placed upon it.

The Speed Master Detailer's Seat has a removable seat that can double as a knee pad for wheel cleaning etc. The pad has the stenciled Speed Master logo but I am told that future model's may have the logo etched into the foam itself.

Dimensions:

The Speed Master Detailer's Seat measures 14 inches H, 19 inches W, and 14 inches D. The weight is about 5-7 pounds.

Assembly:

The Speed Master Detailer's Seat was super easy to assemble. The only tools required are a rubber mallet to aid in putting the rolling wheels into the base and a screw driver to attach the two cup holders and/or tool rack. Assembly time was about 5-10 minutes.

Pictures:

Perfect color combo to match my garage colors

Seat configurations

New vs old. Speed Master Detailer's Seat and my old Harbor Freight stool

Two removable cup holders that are perfect for holding polishes while doing paint correction.

Small tool rack that can hold wheel cleaning brushes/tools

Removable seat pad with Speed Master logo

Overall I am super pleased with the build quality of the Speed Master Detailer's Seat. For the price and with the sturdy heavy plastic construction I know the seat will take some abuse and should last.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, PaulMys, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Master Detailer's Seat Review

How comfy is the cushion on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    How comfy is the cushion on it?
    Very...I would have no issue sitting on it or kneeling for wheel cleaning etc.

Post Thanks / Like

How is it rolling over seams in driveway? I had a cheap creeper with small wheels and it didn’t turn out well for me. I ended up with the other one they sell which has been great but has no where to store product.

Bin on the bottom is a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    How is it rolling over seams in driveway? I had a cheap creeper with small wheels and it didn’t turn out well for me. I ended up with the other one they sell which has been great but has no where to store product.

Wheels look too small to be smooth on uneven surfaces. The other model with bigger wheels should be better.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

How is it rolling over seams in driveway? I had a cheap creeper with small wheels and it didn’t turn out well for me.
    Been there, done that...numerous times Speed Master Detailer's Seat Review

Guessing anyone watching finds it quite entertaining.

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any seams in my driveway but my garage floors has mats with a ridged design. It has no issue rolling over them.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post