autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    How long did the SNS bead well for you? How about Griots 3-1? We’re they both used as toppers or standalone?

I posted current comparison at on 1/7 and believe applied on 1/4. On hood prepped but not polish. Thoughts on griots ceramic 3-1 thread in AG.

I got 2 months of beading before on TW but what was lacking was self cleaning. I compared SNS against cosmic but just washed and applied no problem for Cosmic butcwas suprised at SNS’s performance so did another H2H with Griots.

Beading was great from SNS but noticed water behavior/removal was quicker with both other products.

I

This was from last night after being rained on all day. Bottom is GC3-1 bottom TWSNS. Hard to tell but less water and tighter beading on 3-1 side

Right: TWSNS

Left: GC3-1

These were from wash last week and used just the hose not the PW so decided to sheet some water off.

Can clearly see water is sheeting off faster 3-1 side.
    On pick is flooding left to right other is right to left. Same results.

3-1 has impressed for the almost month it has been on. Ive hit it with a couple alkaline (Bilt Hamber autofoam) pretreats and its held up well so far. If i can wait another month I’m gonna hit with Fenylab Pure rinseless. I think the reason it messed with your toppers is it may be more alkaline base. Ive used it on my coated car and really like it. Wanna see if it will gum up the SNS and 3-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I posted current comparison at on 1/7 and believe applied on 1/4. On hood prepped but not polish. Thoughts on griots ceramic 3-1 thread in AG.

I got 2 months of beading before on TW but what was lacking was self cleaning. I compared SNS against cosmic but just washed and applied no problem for Cosmic butcwas suprised at SNS’s performance so did another H2H with Griots.

Beading was great from SNS but noticed water behavior/removal was quicker with both other products.

I

This was from last night after being rained on all day. Bottom is GC3-1 bottom TWSNS. Hard to tell but less water and tighter beading on 3-1 side

Right: TWSNS

Left: GC3-1

These were from wash last week and used just the hose not the PW so decided to sheet some water off.

Can clearly see water is sheeting off faster 3-1 side.
    On pick is flooding left to right other is right to left. Same results.

3-1 has impressed for the almost month it has been on. Ive hit it with a couple alkaline (Bilt Hamber autofoam) pretreats and its held up well so far. If i can wait another month I’m gonna hit with Fenylab Pure rinseless. I think the reason it messed with your toppers is it may be more alkaline base. Ive used it on my coated car and really like it. Wanna see if it will gum up the SNS and 3-1.
    In the 2nd and 3rd pics, did you mean GC3-1 is on the right? Right side looks to sheet faster.

Let me know what Feynlab PR does on any toppers of yours. I’ve only used it as a pant prep in recent months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    In the 2nd and 3rd pics, did you mean GC3-1 is on the right? Right side looks to sheet faster.

Let me know what Feynlab PR does on any toppers of yours. I’ve only used it as a pant prep in recent months.
    Yeah sorry GC3-1 on right side. Ive used Fenylab twice and its been awesome on my coating. I make sure not to add anymore than recommendation. Ill usually go over when mesuring but this stuff isvery viscous. I only mix 2 gallons at a time.

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Not to be picky about words but I am a Word Guy.

I have to wonder if it could simply be polished off.

There's a lot of difference in the aggressiveness level between a compound and a polish. In my how-to books, I use 4 groups or categories to separate compounds and polishes.

I state in it, and I believe from experience and from what I've seen in the industry, that you can separate compounds and polishes into at a minimum, 4 categories. Any companies product can be placed into one of the below categories.

1. Aggressive or coarse compound
    2. Medium cut polish
    3. Fine cut polish
    4. Ultra fine cut polish

My guess is, the spray-on Turtle Wax Hybrid Coating can be removed with a

• Foam polishing pad
    • Any brand of free spinning random orbital polisher
    • A polish - Medium cut or Fine cut

Just a guess...

I don't like turning something that should be very simple into rocket science personally.

I am sure you are right about this. A polish should be able to remove any spray on sealant. I am guessing Turtle Wax mentions compound for 2 reasons:

1) They don't sell polishes as far as I know but they do sell compounds
    2) Most people don't understand the difference and compound is know by many

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
    My goal is to find a spray on, stand alone sealant or wax, that can easily be removed without a polisher, that gives at least 6 months of protection. Currently I use Car Pro Reload which falls pretty short of 6 months. I want a spray on vs liquid or paste solution to minimize the friction you need to apply to avoid swirling. Perhaps I have unreasonable expectations.

Many of the reviews for the New Turtle Wax Hybrid COATING (it says Coating on the bottle) are from detailers that were invited to a wine and dine launch event. On most of the reviews they talk about this product like it is a sealant (temporary) vs a coating (permanent). TW verified with me that to remove it, you have to compound it off (even if it shows no signs of water beading by putting it through a torture test as YouTubers love to do

I want a temporary sealant because there might be something else I may want to try in the future or not like this prodcut, I may want to start with fresh paint after a year to ensure a good bond, and finally many cars have partial Paint Protection Film that makes compounding it off an issue (scratching the PPF and voiding the warranty).

I feel that reviewers are talking about this product incorrectly. They should be comparing it other permanent coatings such as Cquartz or something like that and making it known that this is a coating not a sealant and will have to be compounded off should they wish to remove. Most consumers don't know how to compound off old product.

They should address questions like "why wouldn't you pay a little more and get 2 years of protection from competitive product?" and make more accurate comparisons when doing "shoot out" comparisons.

Again, Still on the hunt for a pray sealant vs a coating that can last (show water beading) 6 months or so.
    If you are looking for a sealant, in my book Turtle Wax Seal and Shine is the best product on the market right now. I have seen durability tests where it lasted 11 months. The only issue with it is that in certain situations it can be streaky. In many tests I have seen it destroy products 5 times it's price. I also use reload for the gloss aspect of it, but in terms of durability, reload is not really good.

I have not tried any of the new hybrid products that just came out. From what I understand they are 1 year sealants. Depending on how easy they are to apply, I might consider replacing Seal and shine with them. But I am guessing they are all using technology similar to what seal and shine has.

Post Thanks / Like

Seal and shine is breaking down in less than a month.... I prepped but did bot polish but both products i compared it against are performing significantly better.

Wonder if weather makes difference in performance. Rains a-lot here actually almost non stop last 2-3 weeks. I know alot of people love it but other than beading its been very meh for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Seal and shine is breaking down in less than a month.... I prepped but did bot polish but both products i compared it against are performing significantly better.

Wonder if weather makes difference in performance. Rains a-lot here actually almost non stop last 2-3 weeks. I know alot of people love it but other than beading its been very meh for me.

That is really odd. I don't know why it wouldn't last on your vehicle. Maybe a bad bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    That is really odd. I don't know why it wouldn't last on your vehicle. Maybe a bad bottle?
    Yeah, really odd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Yeah you can see in picks above sheeting off really slow. Doubt it was bad batch.... started off fine. Still beads well just bad water repellency. Ive hit it with bilt hamber Autofoam which is an alkaline soap a couple times but also treated the griots side too.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Hybrid Solutions ceramic coating glossier than the TW Spray n Seal?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast