autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Here's the thing with these TW products, whether its TWSS or HSCS, at their price you could literally apply once a month and get what 8+ applications and be out less than $20.00 at the end of the day, maintain with their designated wash for a slight boost during maintenance washes, this would be the cool test to see but you'd have to trust the person only using 2 products the entire yearTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    See that's my knee-jerk reaction; regardless of the marketing I struggle to imagine the big-box manufacturers releasing a product in a regular old spray bottle only expecting consumers to really apply it once a year. They want to move volume, and not just when the product is first released.

If we land up with real "coating-lite" performance out of this stuff and you can reapply after 4-6 months like any old spray sealant I'm not going to be upset about it.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I plan on doing is using the Polish and Wax, then after 24 hours applying the HS Ceramic. Then for maintenance using the Wet Wax every 2nd or 3rd wash as a booster.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    See that's my knee-jerk reaction; regardless of the marketing I struggle to imagine the big-box manufacturers releasing a product in a regular old spray bottle only expecting consumers to really apply it once a year. They want to move volume, and not just when the product is first released.

If we land up with real "coating-lite" performance out of this stuff and you can reapply after 4-6 months like any old spray sealant I'm not going to be upset about it.
    If your analogy of the manufacture wanting to move volume by making a product that you need to use often, I disagree.

Cost is the biggest factor, but if they can make a great and lasting product within the average consumers budget then they have a winner. Moving millions or tens of millions (world wide) at 15 bucks, you do the math.

I would say that since Turtle Wax came out with their Seal and Shine and now a Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating their sales are going through the roof. I no longer look at Turtle Wax as a rocks in a can type of company, instead a company that makes great products for the car detailing industry.

I don't know what their p & l statement looks like, but they couldn't be in business this long without great marketing and now great products.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent6er View Post
    I think I know why they used that word, they have some green bottle products called "Polishing Compound" and "Rubbing Compound", their lowest tier polish and compound.
    I contacted Turtle Wax consumer affairs and they said that if you wanted to remove the ceramic hybrid coating, they would recommend their Ice Speed Compound. Two applications if it’s fairly fresh, and one application if it’s been 6 months to 1 year. This Ice compound that they’re talking about is more like a polish in my opinion (removes light swirls etc) and can be used by hand or by machine. So I believe it should not be too hard to remove the coating if that was what you wanted to do.

Turtle wax also said it’s a personal preference if you wanted to remove it before applying another coat. As long as you get all contaminants off the surface, you’re good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that TW is telling their reps to describe how to remove a real coating (like CQuartz) to stick with the marketing idea that this SiO2 Spray truly is a “Coating”. My other guess is that it will take nowhere near two applications of swirl remover to remove it unless one were to slap it on and wipe off immediately without working it in.

Just my opinions though, I don’t have any longevity info on the product but it sure looks, smells and feels like a typical maintenance spray.

Post Thanks / Like

If its based of SNS no way your getting 6 months. Stuff beads well but thats about it. New marketing.... throw it on you tube and blammo! Next great stuff. Im sure its nice but Griots 3-1 is blowing SNS out of the water in a side by side for me.

Sure this is better than SNS bit ain’t priced much better than 3-1 and sure im gonna get closer to the 6 months from griots rhan Turtle Wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I figured I will chime in now, and update in July. I am in Colorado and in December my stepson came to pick up a Kia soul that we purchased for him. In November I completely detailed it using Blackfire one step, With the intention of just having that as the LSP. Then I just decided to order some hybrid solutions to try it out. I went ahead and removed whatever protection was left from the OneStep, and applied two coats. He then drove the car back to Chicago to endure a proper Midwest winter. He is 25 and will not bring it through a tunnel wash that touches it so I assume there will be a few washes where he runs it through the touchless but I will get my hands on the car in July when he drives out for a week. I am very curious to see how this product holds up in the real world with little to no maintenance done on it until I get it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    I figured I will chime in now, and update in July. I am in Colorado and in December my stepson came to pick up a Kia soul that we purchased for him. In November I completely detailed it using Blackfire one step, With the intention of just having that as the LSP. Then I just decided to order some hybrid solutions to try it out. I went ahead and removed whatever protection was left from the OneStep, and applied two coats. He then drove the car back to Chicago to endure a proper Midwest winter. He is 25 and will not bring it through a tunnel wash that touches it so I assume there will be a few washes where he runs it through the touchless but I will get my hands on the car in July when he drives out for a week. I am very curious to see how this product holds up in the real world with little to no maintenance done on it until I get it
    Good test vehicle, keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how many people that haven't tried it have such a strong feeling about it. I am at 3 months with TW HS AIO and then 2 layers of the spray seal and there is no noticeable degradation so far. It is still slick feeling and the beads look the same when the car is clean. No maintenance products. I have only washed it twice so far with Megs HW. It looks clean most of the time so it has decent self cleaning effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If its based of SNS no way your getting 6 months. Stuff beads well but thats about it. New marketing.... throw it on you tube and blammo! Next great stuff. Im sure its nice but Griots 3-1 is blowing SNS out of the water in a side by side for me.

Sure this is better than SNS bit ain’t priced much better than 3-1 and sure im gonna get closer to the 6 months from griots rhan Turtle Wax.
    How long did the SNS bead well for you? How about Griots 3-1? We’re they both used as toppers or standalone?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast