autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    I'm not gonna jump the gun on any of these products...I bit on cmx last year and a 95%full bottle sits in my cabinet. I'm gonna do the smart thing and only listen to reviewer's who have never been to Arizona in their lives! However if I had to buy stock in one I cannot go against griots. I've never been upset with anything they sell

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Use on the wheels, this is what I'm doing right now and after 2 weeks and cleanings with Brake Buster and once with DUB wheel cleaner the water still beads. I mean what can it hurtTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Rrthomas78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PHP Code:
    When Meguiar's launched NXT Tech Wax, the word on the label was WAX but technically it's a synthetic paint sealant
    Holy Flashback !!! Man I remember all that drama. Guys were marking their washing machines with sharpie markers and polishing with NXT to prove it had abrasvies..CRAY CRAY !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

He went on to speak about the user friendliness of their soon to be released new “coating” and said that it will be the 1st coating that can be applied and not have to be wiped off for 5-10min. unlike the way all current coatings have had to be applied, basically eliminating the risk of high spots and making the process of applying a coating easier than any coating on the market. [I’m paraphrasing]... But either ways, not bad.
    Hmm he have never heard of Polish Angel Cosmic coating and the PA Viking Coat. 30-40 minutes before needed to be wiped off. That's the recommended dwell time before wiping it off though. Do you remember what the recommended dwell time is on the Meguiars coating? Thinking it claims to be haveing around 1 year of longevity from it. So it's still a bit up to the full blown consumer coatings available of now. Actually it's like the claim that Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution Ceramic Spray Coating has LOL. And read it wrong as to you didn't get high spots. But read it again and it's eliminating the risk of high spots. I would not be so certain of that as some consumer don't read instructions and getting it on the whole vehical before they wipe it off LOL. Then wondering why it's so hard to remove. They did this with the HCW to get it more user friendly or more trying to eliminating the risk of something gets horrible wrong when it's applyied. That made it a little different than the usually spray on rinse off products is. It's usually that you is in shaded area and cool to the touch when you apply these kind of products. They bonds and cures so fast the vehicals that they only recommend you to apply it panel by panel. It's not a bad product at all be cause of this. Just a little different that you need to be applying a base layer on an unprotected paint where you dry and buff it off instead of rinse it off. Then it's like others to apply. The other thing I have noticed with HCW is it's need to be applyied on a very good preped paint to get the performance from it and the longevity. The Gyeon Wet Coat and Carpro Hydro2 lite and Sonax Spray and Seal is not so sensitive in getting the performance from them and the longevity is less impacted than HCW. But on a well preped paint and following the recommended first application of it the HCW is on par with the others. You could see some youtubers that had a real problem with reading how it where to be applyied and got a low performance from it.

Strange that they didn't took the M688 coating over from EU and Asia. And whent with a new coating M788 instead. Think that it's cause of doing it so if you don't apply it by description it's easier to correct the misstakes. Often the longevity from it gets lesser. But will be interesting to see how it works for people in the real world use. And think it's going to be easy to work with and a good consumer coating. It can be in the range of the so called coating lite range of products if the longevity from it don't reach the 1 year mark.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably am not being clear in my posts and apologize. I am not questioning the performance of TW Hybrid Coating. Not yet. I also think its awesome when a company you don't expect make a product that is unexpected that may compete with more expensive products and change the market. I was about to buy some and try it until one of their reps posted publicly that it needs to be compouded off. When clarification was asked, that rep reposted COMPOUNDED. No TW rep has come on this thread or that one to correct it.

My original post is centered around the removability of this product, especially on PPF.

I classify a sealant as something more temporary, easily removed a coating is something more permanent and harder to remove. It IS NOT easy for the average consumer to use a polisher and compound. If consumers are the target audience, then this is the issue.

I use sealants (easily removed) because they are easy to apply, easy to remove. I know that if I got a coating like Cquartz it would last longer.

I think its reasonable for an enthusiasts to want to switch products or remove to get a clean base coat. You can do this with most sealant with a chemical wipedown.

The point of my post was to communicate that I feel all the influencer reviews compare this product either to TW Seal and Shine which needs to be compounded off according to them, or other Sealants. If this has characteristics of Coatings then it should be compared to other coatings like Cquartz. When people get passionate on the board and say that it can't hold a candle to Cquartz, they are aligning with what I am trying to convey. This is a more accurate comparison (not in performance, but in the characteristics of the products....specifically compounding off).

My analogy is that TW is comparing Oxy to Aspirin as far as a pain killer. Aspirin will kill the pain, but nowhere near that of Oxy, but there are other things about Oxy that should be discussed and a more accurate comparison would be to do reviews on Oxy vs Dilauded.

The other point I was trying to make was that I was hoping that people outside the influencers, that were wined and dined, post their experiences as (big shocker here) the influencers seem a bit biased. I am hoping people address the compounding / removal without complex tools in their reviews.

The other option is for people to tell me that layering different product without removing them is not a big deal. It ok to change product from different manufacturers and just put them over each other without removing and it will not affect the longevity of the new product that much. But then why do detailers talk so much of starting with a clean surface so much?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

The term coating and ceramic are thrown around too loosely these days.

Kind of like

polymer

in the old days.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    PHP Code:

When Meguiar
    's launched NXT Tech Wax, the word on the label was WAX but technically it's a synthetic paint sealant
    Holy Flashback !!! Man I remember all that drama. Guys were marking their washing machines with sharpie markers and polishing with NXT to prove it had abrasvies..CRAY CRAY !!!

Yes. Exactly.

I was the Point Person at Meguiar's to deal with all the craziness. I wrote the concept for NXT Tech Wax in a report I wrote for upper management called,

The Zaino Case Study

NXT was listed as the solution to the problem on page 31.

I am in fact a veteran of the NXT vs Zaino Wax Wars.

Car Wax History

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
    I probably am not being clear in my posts and apologize. I am not questioning the performance of TW Hybrid Coating. Not yet. I also think its awesome when a company you don't expect make a product that is unexpected that may compete with more expensive products and change the market. I was about to buy some and try it until one of their reps posted publicly that it needs to be compouded off. When clarification was asked, that rep reposted COMPOUNDED. No TW rep has come on this thread or that one to correct it.

My original post is centered around the removability of this product, especially on PPF.

I classify a sealant as something more temporary, easily removed a coating is something more permanent and harder to remove. It IS NOT easy for the average consumer to use a polisher and compound. If consumers are the target audience, then this is the issue.

I use sealants (easily removed) because they are easy to apply, easy to remove. I know that if I got a coating like Cquartz it would last longer.

I think its reasonable for an enthusiasts to want to switch products or remove to get a clean base coat. You can do this with most sealant with a chemical wipedown.

The point of my post was to communicate that I feel all the influencer reviews compare this product either to TW Seal and Shine which needs to be compounded off according to them, or other Sealants. If this has characteristics of Coatings then it should be compared to other coatings like Cquartz. When people get passionate on the board and say that it can't hold a candle to Cquartz, they are aligning with what I am trying to convey. This is a more accurate comparison (not in performance, but in the characteristics of the products....specifically compounding off).

My analogy is that TW is comparing Oxy to Aspirin as far as a pain killer. Aspirin will kill the pain, but nowhere near that of Oxy, but there are other things about Oxy that should be discussed and a more accurate comparison would be to do reviews on Oxy vs Dilauded.

The other point I was trying to make was that I was hoping that people outside the influencers, that were wined and dined, post their experiences as (big shocker here) the influencers seem a bit biased. I am hoping people address the compounding / removal without complex tools in their reviews.

The other option is for people to tell me that layering different product without removing them is not a big deal. It ok to change product from different manufacturers and just put them over each other without removing and it will not affect the longevity of the new product that much. But then why do detailers talk so much of starting with a clean surface so much?
    Take it from me and others when I tell you that coatings are not that hard to remove. As I mentioned 99% of the time a polish will remove it.

A light polish won't hurt PPF either.

Coatings are still semi-permanent. They just degrade slower than a wax or sealant. Don't be afraid to try out the TW product if you have the desire to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Kind of like

polymer

in the old days.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Post Thanks / Like

...never mind. Doh!

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Perhaps they should spend some time doing research before making such claims...
    I was paraphrasing. Those exact words are likely missing an important detail or two.. I was just doing my best to remember the video off the top of my head in hopes that the people who would read it would know about the video I was referring to.

12. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Perhaps they should spend some time doing research before making such claims...
    If anyone deserves blame it’s me, for not getting the quote completely correct... But I tend to type fast and didn’t have the patience to stop and watch the video again in order to make sure I got the quote completely correct.. It was like a 15min. interview, cut me some slack. Lol

But those of you who’ve watched the video know what I’m talking about..

14. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast