autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Given time more will come out about the TW ceramic line, don't think it as been a week yet since the release. As far as your wining and dining comment, I have no issue because it was well stated that TW invited them and TW reps did presented the products, as far as bias part I chalk that up to introduction of a new product line from a big time player.
    TW has released some solid products over the last few years that perform at a value price and I have little doubt the Hybrid line will be decent. As far as comparing the line to CQ coatings I don't think it's a fair comparison at all. At the $15-20 entry point it's unreasonable to compare but that doesn't mean that the complete Hybrid line isn't a good value for what it is, time will tell to an individual if the Hybrid line is worth it
    Very good points. From a non detailer perspective (if you want to know what a non detailer's journey loosk like):

Just 6 years ago, It was $700 (which to me was a lot of money for this) including some light paint correction to get my car Ceramic Pro Coated. It had a 10 year warranty No one could really do it or access the products except Pro Detailers. My detailer was still doing $40 car washes and lots of paint correction with a final coat of Powerlock. This cost about $350. PPF was super expensive and the films were OK. So expensive, it wasn't even an option for me

I still had to top off the coating with Reload to maintain great beading and shine so I wondered, "If I have to apply a product to my car regularly, why did I spend all this money?" This dimension is not covered under the 10 year warranty and not sure how many ceramic coats are completely redone by detailers at lets say year 8 to take advantage of those warranties. There were only 2 authorized Ceramic Pro installers in the area

3 years ago when I got a new car, there are all these other options. 2 year warranties, 5 year, 10 year. To get a 10 year, the price is now $1400. I rarely see my detailer doing car washes anymore. There are many more brands besides Ceramic Pro. I hear of people paying 2k for coatings. I notice he is doing a lot more PPF. I decide to just use a sealant (Powerlock) and save money and the Powerlock works OK. Meanwhile these consumer grade prodcuts that you can apply yourself start showing up. Most are advertise to last 1-2 years.

6 months ago I have a NEW, pretty expensive car. I am told how the technology for PPF has advanced and see it on cars. I can barely tell its on. So I go with PPF on the front of the car. I use Car Pro Reload for everyting as I dont need much pressure to apply and dont have to worry about it on the trim or PPF.

There are so many Ceramic manufacturers at this point in time, I lose track. I am watching more and more detailing videos on You Tube. My detailer sends a email blast telling people that they no longer do just car washes but they will honor car wash passes people have bought in the past. He removes all references to the word "wash" from his logo, domain name, marketing. He tells me all his business is Cermic or Quartz coatings and films.

Today - Companies like Turtle Wax are making durable products that are so easy to apply the role of the detailer for Cermics is unknown and its unknown of these high prices will be accepted in the future without a new break through professional only product. You can apply cermaic with decent results for little money and there are tons of people showing videos of great results. Every manufacturer HAS to make something with the words "Ceramic" in it to compete these days.

Price doesn't really indicate the quality of products. Companies like TW who are not starting the process from scratch (Ceramic development) and have tons of resources and buying power can now make a great product that out performs products of the past. It may even be better product for less money than previous leaders in Ceramics. Remember how expensive microfiber or foam cannons used to be when they first came out and how the technology has only evolved and prices less expensive?

My point is that I think this TW Hybrid is more of a coating than sealant from my perspective (non detailer) and that it may indeed compete with Cquartz. Personally if I wanted a permanent solution like a coating I would rather just to the Cquartz and pay the extra money so I don't have to reapply as much.

My other point is that there will probably be something new coming out soon so I want something that I can easily remove or apply over a competitive product without complex processes (polishing or compounding and dealing with my PPF)

There is one big influencer on You tube and I asked about removing the TW Hybrid. He gets a little snippy with me and asks "Why would you ever want to remove it?" (he also has videos as he brags how he was a consultant to TW for this product) - Because of this I start questioning the reviews on this product and hope more people that are not the people invited to the event comment on this product, do realistic, relevant comparisons, and really tell us how it should be used. And this is what prompted my original post and my desire to not have such of a "permanent" solution.

Wish TW would have asked some some consumers like me their opinions along side of the detailer influencers on Youtube. I also wish some kind person in S Cal would just show me how to use a polisher "hands on" and get this over with (ha ha)

2. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
    From a non detailer perspective (if you want
    to know how a non detailer's journey is):

My point is that I think this TW Hybrid is more
    of a coating than sealant from my perspective
    (non detailer)
    Again:
    I’m asserting that this TW product is not
    more of a Coating, than a Sealant.

and that it may indeed compete
    with Cquartz.
    Of course it can compete with CQuartz;
    but I’ll bet a dollar to a donut hole that
    it will wind up sucking hind-tit.

Personally if I wanted a permanent solution
    like a coating I would rather just to the
    Cquartz and pay the extra money so I don't
    have to reapply as much.
    You may not have to re-apply CQuartz
    as much, or as often, but CQuartz is not
    promoted as being a permanent Coating.

• Here’s the dealio:
    Whether I’m Right; or Wrong...I’m saving
    today’s TW-dialogue to compare to any/all
    future TW ‘reportings’.

The End (?)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Again:
    I’m asserting that this TW product is not
    more of a Coating, than a Sealant.

Of course it can compete with CQuartz;
    but I’ll bet a dollar to a donut hole that
    it will wind up sucking hind-tit.

You may not have to re-apply CQuartz
    as much, or as often, but CQuartz is not
    promoted as being a permanent Coating.

• Here’s the dealio:
    Whether I’m Right; or Wrong...I’m saving
    today’s TW-dialogue to compare to any/all
    future TW ‘reportings’.

The End

Bob
    It says COATING on the bottle. Plus TW is saying you need to compound (not polish) it off so this is why I disagree and think it should be compared to other coatings and why I started the OP. This is especially an issue on PPF

I agree with you that it will not perform as well as CQuartz and this is the reason for my whole OP as I feel it should be compared more with these type of products.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy...

I wouldn't worry about a product under $20 lasting a year... or TWO, LOL. So how about this, grab that Jaskson out of your wallet, get change back and try it out, it's very easy to use as it's been compared to TW seal and Shine, called IT on steroids.

Just my .02 cents worth but TW has been on a roll lately so I see no reason to take them at their word here, this isn't your Father's TWTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

It says COATING on the bottle.

When Meguiar's launched NXT Tech Wax, the word on the label was WAX but technically it's a synthetic paint sealant.

At the retail level, you have about 3-5 seconds to get Joe Consumer's attention or the scan past to the next label.

From a retail point of view, it is a coating as it is going to coat-over the surface.

I say use it and when you see the beading falling off, apply a fresh coat.

8. Likes Klasse Act, AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Oh boy...

I wouldn't worry about a product under $20 lasting a year... or TWO, LOL. So how about this, grab that Jaskson out of your wallet, get change back and try it out, it's very easy to use as it's been compared to TW seal and Shine, called IT on steroids.

Just my .02 cents worth but TW has been on a roll lately so I see no reason to take them at their word here, this isn't your Father's TWTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

I'm not worrying about it lasting a year. If you read my post, I would be happy with 6 months. The compounding it off to remove is more of the issue and that put this product in a different classification of products than spray waxes and suggest more reviews under those parameters. If I could remove this with an IPA wipedown (especially on PPF), this would be a non issue. Try it. don't like it, simply wipe it off like most sealants.

I was also hoping to encourage more reviews on this aside from the people invited from the event and some non detailers to review as well.

I dont even care about the cost. I would pay 2-3 times what they are asking for the right product

Mike Phillips

Oh boy...

I wouldn't worry about a product under $20 lasting a year... or TWO, LOL.

So how about this, grab that Jaskson out of your wallet, get change back and try it out, it's very easy to use as it's been compared to TW seal and Shine, called IT on steroids.

Well said.

After reading this thread, I need to try this product.

Problem is - I need a tester car.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw cool screen name, Bowie fan I take itTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worrying about it lasting a year. If you read my post, I would be happy with 6 months. The compounding it off to remove is more of the issue and that put this product in a different classification of products than spray waxes and suggest more reviews under those parameters. If I could remove this with an IPA wipedown (especially on PPF), this would be a non issue. Try it. don't like it, simply wipe it off like most sealants.

I was also hoping to encourage more reviews on this aside from the people invited from the event and some non detailers to review as well
    I guess in the short term you would have to remove it more aggressively but going down the road it's not going to be so much of an issue, like we tried to say though, just try it, lots of variables here, "like" is pretty broadTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw cool screen name, Bowie fan I take itTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Wow, you picked that up!! Not many do

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast