autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots One Step Sealant Mini-Review

I got a chance to try out Griots One Step Sealant this weekend while performing my Spring detail on one of the family daily drivers; a 2010 graphite gray metallic Mazda3 hatch

This will be a very brief review without pictures. I was pressed for time, and there were no significant changes in appearance since the car is in pretty good shape.

I've been very impressed with Mazda's paint. It seems to be fairly good at resisting swirls, yet it isn't too difficult to correct. With only a little attention, you can make it look really nice. Those conditions make it a perfect candidate for an AIO like the Griots.

The car was washed and clayed prior to being treated. The Poorboys EX-P applied last fall had long since given up it's protective duties, so surface prep was breeze. I applied the Griots with a DA and a light polishing pad. Weather conditions were heavy overcast skies, 60~63F, and a light breeze. The temps and lack of direct sun led me to do all application outdoors.

APPLICATION: The product was a breeze to apply. It went on easily with no dusting or other issues. I worked 2'x2' sections and went a panel at a time. After completing about 3 panels, I'd go back to the first and buff the first. To play with conditions, I let some sit for a very long time and varied the amount of product applied on several sections. In every case, once the surface passed the swipe test, the product was effortless to remove. It might be one of the easiest removing products I've ever used...not that I have *that* much experience.

CORRECTION: This is an AIO, so I'd thought it worth mentioning. Very slight marring from contact, stones, or bugs, was easily removed. I wouldn't try swirl removal with this product, but for a re-fresh of a daily driver is a perfect use. The pads also reflected the cleaning action of the product. After a few sections, the residue was turning that sick gray color common with gunk and old LSP being removed from the pain.

FINAL RESULTS: When the car was finished it looked really good. Much better than the Poorboy Pro Polish/EX-P treatment it received last fall. The metallic flake really pops and the whole car has a great shine. The surface is slick like you'd expect from any quality sealant. I really like the product so far, but the durability will be the real test to see if I buy another bottle, or move on to another product.

EDIT: One last comment...I LOVE the Griots bottles! They make the product so much easier to apply to the pad.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Thanks Hermes1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots One Step Sealant Mini-Review

I was wondering about this product. Thanks for the review. Sounds good for a 1-step product.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review - I'll have to pick some up and try it out

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I got a bottle of this stuff in a package with pads etc when I bought my GG. I need to give it a try.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

I too was curious about this product. Thanks for the hands on review, going to give it a shot when the time for a new AIO comes

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by kylegor View Post

nice review, I like to use it..

Hi Kyle,

I found a .png hidden picture in all three of your posts.

So you've been blocked from posting to our forum.

Post Thanks / Like

I used griots one step on my wifes black ml350 in the late fall. I applied it with my flex and a blue he pad. I was impressed with re result. It removed alot of the defects and left a nice wet look finish. the durability has also been impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay_rap View Post
    I used griots one step on my wifes black ml350 in the late fall. I applied it with my flex and a blue he pad. I was impressed with re result. It removed alot of the defects and left a nice wet look finish. the durability has also been impressive.
    How long did it hold up for you? What part of the country do you live if you don't mind me asking? Environmental conditions can make a huge difference on an LSP's lifespan.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Put it on in December. I live in longisland ny. One of the worst winters. Does about 300 Mikes a week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast