autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Senior Member Aaryn NZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Hey Autogeks.

    So my gorgeous Wife & I made this little video yesterday of Blackfire One Step in action. I just wanted to demonstrate its ability in "real time" & of course show off the abrasives in One Step & the results.

    Now I know just as well as you guys do - this is an AIO & if we were to be chasing defects etc properly we would most likely go a different route & this isn't what I'm trying to demonstrate here. I apoligize for the long windedness of the video but I wanted it to be all in "real time". As you can see, my arm movement isn't that slow, pressure was minimum & you can all see (although I lost count) how many passes I did to get the results.

    I also apoligize for the weird voice . . . crazy how much of a dork you sound when you hear yourself on film . . . . perhaps I should get a voice over person.

    Right, here's the video folks -


    Recently a parcel arrived here at... - Details - Blenheim


    Thank you all for looking.


    Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

  2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, SWETM, VISITOR liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member atgonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

    Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

  4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orange & LA Counties
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    I also apoligize for the weird voice . . . crazy how much of a dork you sound when you hear yourself on film . . . . perhaps I should get a voice over person.
    What is so weird about it? haha. Trust me, I know how that goes. It's why I usually don't talk in my videos!!! On one of my earlier videos, I spent a little over an hour doing and re-doing the voice over myself. Finally, I said, "no more talking for me!"

    Thanks for the video. Nice difference shown on the video.

  6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    3,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Cool video!!

    One thing since you are still new to BF One Step is to let it sit on the paint and let it dry.

    This does 2 things....

    1) makes removal a breeze
    2) protection seems to last longer for me.

    I typically will do the whole vehicle then remove. I have let it go 8+ hours and it’s just soooo easy to wipe off.

    Very cool of MP to send this to you.
    Jim

  8. Likes Aaryn NZ, JustJesus liked this post
  9. #5
    Senior Member Aaryn NZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Cool video!!

    One thing since you are still new to BF One Step is to let it sit on the paint and let it dry.

    This does 2 things....

    1) makes removal a breeze
    2) protection seems to last longer for me.

    I typically will do the whole vehicle then remove. I have let it go 8+ hours and it’s just soooo easy to wipe off.

    Very cool of MP to send this to you.

    Thank you Dr Oldz.

    Oh yeah for sure, that’s what I would normally do.

    Thank you for the feedback buddy, I truly appreciate it.

    Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

  10. Likes Dr Oldz liked this post
  11. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    I am in love with BF one step. Great video. And you are quite a handsome fella��

  12. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
  13. #7
    Senior Member fly07sti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    2,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Great job buddy!

  14. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
  15. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Aaryn NZ,
    You said in the first post here that if you were going to be chasing correction you would probably go a different direction.
    Would you expand on that a little please ?

    Could it be something like using a compound before the BF One Step ? I have some Meguiars Ultimate Compound as well as One Step.
    I'm trying to create a plan of action in my head regarding my truck. It's a 2010 Nissan Frontier with no paint correction or protection done to it ever I don't think.

    Thanks.
    Todd

  16. #9
    Senior Member Aaryn NZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post
    Aaryn NZ,
    You said in the first post here that if you were going to be chasing correction you would probably go a different direction.
    Would you expand on that a little please ?

    Could it be something like using a compound before the BF One Step ? I have some Meguiars Ultimate Compound as well as One Step.
    I'm trying to create a plan of action in my head regarding my truck. It's a 2010 Nissan Frontier with no paint correction or protection done to it ever I don't think.

    Thanks.
    Todd
    Thank you Todd.

    Here’s my take - if I was looking to really go after defects - Swirls, Scratches, RIDs etc I would reach for a dedicated compound or polish because it’s going to be a better, faster way to remove/level paint. Attempting to “correct” paint using an AIO wouldn’t be a very efficient way to do it & the heat build up & pad wear would be of concern. In saying that, Blackfire has put some very very good abrasives in their One Step & on some paint types such as the Subaru paint in this video, the results even after an IPA wipe down were pretty damn close . . . Perhaps a cutting pad & the Flex 3401 & we would’ve got there.

    Meguiars Ultimate Compound is an effective compound for sure.

    For your truck - is it a daily driver? If so, in my opinion I suggest grab the Blackfire One Step & take your time with it & you’ll get a great finish, good enough for a daily driver anyhow. Hope that helps mate.


    Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

  17. Thanks Serenitynow thanked for this post
    Likes JustJesus liked this post
  18. #10
    Senior Member Aaryn NZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

    Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done
    Thank you atgonzales.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    What is so weird about it? haha. Trust me, I know how that goes. It's why I usually don't talk in my videos!!! On one of my earlier videos, I spent a little over an hour doing and re-doing the voice over myself. Finally, I said, "no more talking for me!"

    Thanks for the video. Nice difference shown on the video.
    Thank you my friend.

    Mate, seriously I sound weird! I would not be my friend if that’s how I sound! Hahahaha. You know the worst bit - to get this video on AGO I had to upload it to FB first, & because I knew how mush of a dork I sounded I tried to do it inconspicuously & post it at a usually quiet time on FB (for my post engagements anyhow) but it wouldn’t upload straight away because of the video size ... went through at 10:30pm around about & woke up this morning & had like 25 people like the post & 5 comments .... embarrassing! Don’t people sleep anymore???

    Folks ringing me up from around the country asking where they can get some Blackfire One Step ...

    Appreciate your comments as always buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    I am in love with BF one step. Great video. And you are quite a handsome fella��
    Thank you Billy Baldone.

    Hahaha, you’ve made me blush ...

    Great product indeed & pleased you liked the video.

    Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Great job buddy!
    Thank you Brother!


    Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-20-2019, 10:25 AM
  2. Blackfire one step
    By tim500 in forum Blackfire Wax Products
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-07-2019, 12:15 PM
  3. Video: Removing #2000 Grit Sanding Marks with BLACKFIRE One Step AIO
    By Mike Phillips in forum How to articles by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2019, 08:50 AM
  4. BLACKFIRE One Step
    By soobaroo in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2019, 08:33 AM
  5. BLACKFIRE One Step
    By Aaron Greco in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2018, 09:46 AM

Members who have read this thread: 90

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» February 2020

S M T W T F S
262728293031 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29