autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire One Step . . . Video Demonstration.

Awesome with just 2 passes! Then with 6 passes amazing results from it for being an AIO!

Left you a comment on the FB video so you can see my bearded face too LOL. Don't worry about the sound of your talk it's sounds great for me at least LOL. You should hear me speaking english and you will not be my friend anymore LOL j/k

Wish you and Ange the best!

/ Tony

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome with just 2 passes! Then with 6 passes amazing results from it for being an AIO!

Left you a comment on the FB video so you can see my bearded face too LOL. Don't worry about the sound of your talk it's sounds great for me at least LOL. You should hear me speaking english and you will not be my friend anymore LOL j/k

Wish you and Ange the best!

/ Tony
    Thank you Tony.

Impressive results for sure, & exactly why I wanted to show it happening. I could’ve taking still shots, before & after pictures etc but this way silences any sceptical folks .... sad that attitude is that common that we have to consider that but hey.

Awesome mate, I see you there on FB, thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment & liking our page.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

4. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post
    Could it be something like using a compound before the BF One Step ? I have some Meguiars Ultimate Compound as well as One Step.

Thanks.
    Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Thank you Todd.

Here’s my take - if I was looking to really go after defects - Swirls, Scratches, RIDs etc I would reach for a dedicated compound or polish because it’s going to be a better, faster way to remove/level paint.
    Todd, yes. Much like Aaryn said, I would do similar. I would compound first to go after more severe defects. Wipe off using some panel wipe (IPA, Eraser, etc) after compounding, then follow up with One Step...keep reading

In saying that, Blackfire has put some very very good abrasives in their One Step & on some paint types such as the Subaru paint in this video, the results even after an IPA wipe down were pretty damn close . . . Perhaps a cutting pad & the Flex 3401 & we would’ve got there.
    Indeed, they are good. As I too learned on a Subaru, it can be quite effective. I did end up using BF Compound on more severe (not overly crazy, though) scratches on the roof of the car, then followed up with the One Step.

Thank you my friend.

Mate, seriously I sound weird! I would not be my friend if that’s how I sound! Hahahaha. You know the worst bit ... went through at 10:30pm around about & woke up this morning & had like 25 people like the post & 5 comments .... embarrassing! Don’t people sleep anymore???
    Oh man. People don't like the sound of their own voices! It's funny, how many times I've seen people ask, "Is THAT really what I sound like?" - Too funny. Myself included. I HATE the way I sound. I didn't realize my accent was so strong until I heard myself several times. (Mexican decent, raised in East Los Angeles, they have their own accent, actually)

You seriously tried to sneak in the video? Online, someone is always awake.

Folks ringing me up from around the country asking where they can get some Blackfire One Step ...
    Hmmmm. Maybe it's time to consider being a reseller?

6. Thanks Serenitynow thanked for this post
    Likes Serenitynow liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Nice video Aaryn!

As I watched and listened, I thought I would share an article I wrote back in 2012. It touches on the topic of fillers and waxes.

I see a lot of confusion and mis-information in the online world about "fillers". In the specific case of car wax, or synthetic sealants, the protection ingredients ARE the fillers and you do want them to fill or COAT OVER. That's the ENTIRE reason you're putting them on the paint, to coat over the paint and leave themselves behind.

The act of coating over includes filling, but it's not a negative aspect, it IS the reason to apply these types of things. I think I explain it in detail in my article here,

Any wax, paint sealant or coating that works fills to some degree

8. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions in this thread.

Yes, my truck is a daily driver and is outside 24/7, 365 days a year.
    As I mentioned, I already have Megs UC and BF One Step. I think I'll try a test spot on the hood with just One Step first to see what it can do. From there, who knows - I may end up doing the horizontal panels with UC followed by One Step. Those panels should need the most correction right ?

10. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post
    Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions in this thread.

Yes, my truck is a daily driver and is outside 24/7, 365 days a year.
    As I mentioned, I already have Megs UC and BF One Step. I think I'll try a test spot on the hood with just One Step first to see what it can do. From there, who knows - I may end up doing the horizontal panels with UC followed by One Step. Those panels should need the most correction right ?
    Absolutely.

Definitely agree - do the test spot with Blackfire & see how you go, & if you want more, then step it up & go with Meguiars Ultimate Compound then Blackfire & continuous maintenance with Blackfire too.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Meg's UC is underrated.

Great product obscured by the vast options out there today.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Thanks guys.

So, I will need to use something between the Megs UC and BF One Step to clean the UC off ?

What kind of ratio with isopropyl alcohol is best for this kind of thing ?

By the way, Aaryn, fantastic looking results you achieved there. Both the pictures and video are awesome. Thanks for doing this and giving me hope that I can achieve even half the results as you. I would accept that level for my first time doing anything like this.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. I wouldn't.

Just go right to the BF after the UC.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nope. I wouldn't.

Just go right to the BF after the UC.

Paul has hit the nail on the head right here.

Aaryn NZ.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast