autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Issues with CarPro Ech2o

So I'll start by saying I really wanted to like this product. My car is coated, and I don't use waterless wash often, but I was hoping to find one that had more gloss to it than my standard go-to WW (Ultima), that was also a concentrate.

Admittedly, ech2o does indeed seem to have a bit more shine to it than a standard ww. But here are my issues:

1) I wouldn't consider waterless washing a particularly paint-friendly way to clean your car in general. So when for whatever reason I'm using WW, I like to minimize how many times I have to go over the paint. Ech2o instructions (depending exactly whose you follow) imply having to go over each panel a minimum of two times with the product, and then likely a final buff (so three times). Why would you want to do that? It's just touching the car more often than necessary, knowing it didn't start particularly clean underneath.

2) I have experimented with dilution ratios from 1:5 through 1:20, and I can't get this stuff to stop streaking or leaving some kind of residue behind. Sometimes I can see it right after (a faint haze on the paint) afterwards and buff it off with an MF towel, and sometimes I can't until the morning when there's dew on the car and it becomes more apparent. I understand most people haven't had this issue, but I have tried all sorts of ratios, and tried only spraying the product on the towel (rather than paint) for that second application and still can't help it. Has anyone tried less concentrated than the 20:1 suggested for QD? Ultima is 40:1, and I have never had any problems with it at all. Would Ech2o be safe to try 30 or 40:1?

Anyone have any similar experiences or tips?

HAMBO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issues with CarPro Ech2o

I have it also same promblem.I've tried many there all pretty much the same.I find ultima being the best as far as gloss and one swipe needed. The last thing I want to do is trying to work with a product that is suppose to be easy and not complex.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen the same thing but for me it's the next day. Looks perfect on the spot but the next morning the streaks are there. I as well would like to try a different product that's multiple purpose like this. The shine is quite amazing thought. I've started to add in other things like cure and that has helped out quite a bit and should add just a bit more protection and stay up with the gloss

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Try it as a rinseless, its my favorite period.

5. Likes RippyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen this with my Ech2o yet, but Reload with streak if you have an older batch or don't shake it constantly. Next time I use Echo2o I will be more vigilant and check the next day. Overall I like the product, but admittedly if my vehicle didn't have ceramic pro I would still be using ONR, but it's got polymers in it that will harm your coatings beading properties. Unfortunately. I hope you find the right solution!
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

It may be that you are dry wiping, by not using enough product. Try misting the towel and then come back with a dry towel. Seems like I need to use more product during the summer than the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only had issues with ech20 on hot and humid days. Good thing humidity is not an issue here in Southern California. Other than that I have no issues with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have only had issues with ech20 on hot and humid days. Good thing humidity is not an issue here in Southern California. Other than that I have no issues with it.
    Thanks Guz. May I ask what dilution ratio you've been using?

Post Thanks / Like

i too second so cal being ideal all the time weather wise! lol

but i used to have streaking, i since went to a 1oz to 20 ratio for waterless and it has been perfect. its better as a rinseless IMO though. You should try Gloss Shop Trifecta, Ultima Acrylic, and Wolfgang Uber those are some real good ones not as finicky as echo.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm SoCal but 112 degree weather does not make things fun..lol

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

12. Likes DogRescuer liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast