autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiwi experience with Blackfire One Step!!

Kiwi experience with Blackfire One Step!!

Hey Team.

So a little while back an unexpected parcel turned up at the shop & it was from the fine folks at Autogeek. Now, I was a little curious as I hadn’t ordered anything & nothing had been outstanding from previous orders.

What could it be???

Wow! Four 32oz bottles of Blackfire One Step!!! There was no note it the package, no nothing, just the bottles of Blackfire One Step. I don’t know for sure but from what I remember, Blackfire One Step had not long been released when I came over for Detail Fest in 2018 & there was some great feedback going around then. Unfortunately for me, liquids are super expensive to ship to NZ & although I wanted to take a few products back home from Detail Fest I did keep it minimal in case they were taken off me via Customs etc.
    So Blackfires One Step remained a mystery in performance to me until this parcel arrived.

I’ve run this around in my head a few times & I have decided to “out” the person responsible for sending this to me. Some folks don’t do things for the need of recognition, & I’m sure a person of this stature in the industry gets asked for stuff all to often & I didn’t want to feed that fuel for somebody to say “but you sent Aaryn something”, that being said, I am confident most of the folks here have more integrity than that.

A massive THANK YOU to my good friend Mike Phillips. Mike did indeed intend to put a note in there for me but simply got busy & didn’t get to it. I have spoken to Mike & thanked him for this extremely generous gesture & although (not through lack of wanting to) I’m not normally a “review” type of guy, I thought, the least I could do is share my experiences with Blackfire One Step so far.

So my first vehicle to go under the knife with my newly acquired AIO was this CLA250 Mercedes Benz. Black! What better test for a new product test???

I’ll just run these pictures before & after -

So, I had read about Blackfire One Steps abrasive technology & it’s ability in this field & although only in for an AIO service I obviously want to produce the best finish I can for the price. I chose to got with Lake Country CCS orange polishing/cutting pads on the mighty BEAST. I tried a white Lake Country CCS but with the same amount of passes (4 ) the orange pads removed more defects without compromising the finish.

Wipe off was super easy & whether I left the residue on for a while or wiped off straight away I found it effortless & a pleasure.

Working time .... I’d get bored trying to dry this stuff out ...

Glass! Now, I learned to run the polisher over glass from Mike Phillips but until now it just never really gelled with me. Always got varying results & never found it fun because of that. But Blackfire One Step has changed me ... We’re not talking about proper glass polishing obviously but as far as cleaning up & making the glass shine - Wow! This stuff kicks backsides.

Extremely enjoyable experience off the bat.

Next!

This XF Jaguar came in & it had heavy oxidation on the horizontal surfaces & father a thorough wash process it was clear to see the paint was dirty too.

Test spot revealed that the BEAST equipped with Lake Country White CCS pads were going to get the job done. Two passes on the vertical panels was enough to create a great result & Six slow passes on the horizontal panels blew me away. Brilliant brilliant brilliant stuff ... happy customer, happy me.

NEXT!!!

Lexus IS250C .... a severely neglected one at that, & black. This was surely going to prove challenging.
    Again & I stress with this one - an AIO service is all that is being paid for here & I strictly work within my guidelines. No more than Six passes were carried out on this Lexus. It was beaten up, heavy oxidation, bird droppings etched into it, RIDS, swirls ... just ugly.

The BEAST & Lake Country White CCS pads.

I couldn’t help but stand back & smile when I was done, so I knew the customer was going to be stoked & I was right.

The good experiences & fantastic results just keep being delivered. The only negative I can muster up about Blackfire One Step is - I’m going to run out of it in time . . .

BMW 335i - Alpine White. The BEAST coupled with Lake Country White CCS pads ....

All these vehicles I polished the glass with Blackfire One Step too. Only time I remembered to take pictures ...

Holden Colorado ... The BEAST & White Lake Country CCS pads ...

Mazda BT-50 .... yeah, you guessed it - The BEAST & White Lake Country CCS ...

My verdict - I love it. This is a very very competent product.

Yes it’s an All In One but an extremely good one that is an absolute pleasure to use. New favorite? Yes, yes it is.

Thank you all for checking out my thoughts on Blackfire One Step, & Mike - Thank You once again.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Thanks Diner, JKDesign, bofh thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, DMiglio, fly07sti, Bruno Soares, VISITOR and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kiwi experience with Blackfire One Step!!

Outstanding details!

Just a question, I see the one pic of the PBMG Box half ripped open. Was this how it arrived, or did you stop halfway to shoot this pic?

I know how bomb-proof AG's packaging is, so if that's how it came, that was one hell of a ride. Of course you're just about on the other side of the Globe.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck yeah Aaryn!! Awesome thread, results and review!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Great results!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is some impressive results! Guess I gotta get around to trying a bottle!

Blackfire ONE STEP.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Guess I gotta get around to trying a bottle!
    I picked 1 of these up based on your recommendation. I haven’t opened it yet but looking forward to trying it.

8. Likes PaulMys, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent pics and write-up, Aaryn!

I try not to be an impulsive product hoarder (nearly impossible being an AGO member).

But I think I will jump in on the BF when spring rolls around.

I have to see this for myself..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

How does Blackfire One Step compare to 3D/HD Speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post
    How does Blackfire One Step compare to 3D/HD Speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Very similar, IMO HD Speed slightly edges it in shine & slickness. I’d rate them both 1/10 in longevity, along with every other AIO, but YMMV.

If I had a white vehicle and those 2 were my choices I’d go with BF AIO because it seems to have more cleaning ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review...and it seems as if you are loving the stuff Aaryn!~ Very cool!~
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast