autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

I was recently given the opportunity to get a bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant (hereafter DGSS) in exchange for providing feedback on it, of course I took it.

This is a product I’ve used in the past, but not in 2 years. Given that SiO2 Sprays, BSD, and TW SNS are all the rage these days, it’s nice to go back to older favorites to re-evaluate my love for spray sealants of yesteryears (OK, so BM falls in the spray sealant category, so it’s not as if this genre is forgotten).

Here’s the product I received:
    Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0210-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0213-jpg

Typical spray sealant directions, but note that this product should remain dry for 12 hours after application. Therefore it’s not one I’ve ever tried as a drying aid for a wet surface, not will I for this review.

The subject vehicle is a 2016 black Audi Q5 that previously had Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax applied on 9/7/19. The paint still beads decent as shown below, but the beads are starting to get flat and non-circular in some areas. Also, the shine has decreased in the last week or so (Fuzion Spray has amazing shine for the first few weeks after applying).
    Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0149-jpg

This made the Q5 an obvious choice to try DGSS on, to keep synergy with the already present “German super polymers” that Wolfgang protection products are formulated with.

Observations:
    - The formula is purple.
    - It smells like pina colada, nice fragrance.
    -Watery but lubricated consistency

Directions: Mist on the surface (paint, glass, chrome and any other painted surfaces), then spread with an MF towel, then turn over and buff.

To the Review:
    Car was washed with N-914 as a RW, then dried. This was applied in about 79degF, 50% humidity I’ll guess, at around 6:45pm... the sun was slowly sinking.

I began on the hood and front end, misting, wiping, buffing the passenger side of the hood:
    Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0170-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0173-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0174-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0175-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0176-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0177-jpg

The stuff practically melts into the paint as you wipe. This is a difference from any of the SiO2 sprays I’ve been using. I decided that I’m going to buff without turning to a dry side, because in this current lighting, there is zero streaking and it just melts in and looks great.

On to the other side of the hood:
    Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0178-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0180-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0183-jpg

I proceeded this way around the entire vehicle (paint and plastic trim only, forgot about glass). I changed towel sides twice (3/8 of the towel used) and didn’t buff with a dry side. It took 10minutes from first spray to last wipe.

Right after application:
    Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0185-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0191-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0194-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0195-jpg

Next morning it looked nice as the sun rose and was more slick 12 hours after application:
    Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0223-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0224-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0226-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0227-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0229-jpg

And a few after the car went to work and back ~50miles. Not much dust/dirt accumulated:
    Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0237-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0238-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0240-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0241-jpg

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

The website description mentions DGSS can be also used to clean light dust/smudges (i.e. QD). I saw some water mark/smears from N-914 so I gave it a try:

Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0231-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0232-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0233-jpgReview:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-img_0234-jpg

Im not sure if any lubricated liquid wouldn’t have cleaned that, but DGSS did as claimed.

Final thoughts:
    Very nice spray wax. Pretty slick (not BM slick but not bad).

I’m amazed how it melts into the paint so quickly once wiped. There is enough flash time to spread, but by the 2nd or 3rd wipe over the same area, the product/haze/residue is gone. This makes for extremely quick application.

My second biggest thought is how these polymers make this black paint look so bling-bling. I had WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on this car 2 years ago and we loved the sparkly look. This spray brings the exact same sparkle to the paint which instantly brought back memories.

I would recommend WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant to anyone who likes to amp up the shine in between LSPs. I’m sure it also adds protection and I don’t recall the longevity because you’ll want to use it fairly often to get that ‘just waxed/sealed’ look.

Thanks for reading.

4. Thanks BudgetPlan1, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, BudgetPlan1, osiapstndp, Jim w, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

Been using the Spritz sealant on top of my M4 which has WGDGS on it and love the look. It’s my daily drive until the snow flies.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great product that gets overlooked a lot since it has been around for a long time, excellent review, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Good review, good pics. Car (SUV) looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Im not sure if any lubricated liquid wouldn’t have cleaned that, but DGSS did as claimed.
    IME, not all of them do! I once tried 4 different "liquids" before the final one got rid of the spots. Maybe those were just harder than hard, spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    IME, not all of them do! I once tried 4 different "liquids" before the final one got rid of the spots. Maybe those were just harder than hard, spots?
    Thanks for this information. I’ve never tried light cleaning with any sprays that didn’t boast cleaning power... DGSS, BF Synthetic Spray and BSD being three of the only substantial spray sealants that I’ve tried it with. DGSS cleaned the mark/smudge in one swipe, so worked as advertised (off label claim).

Review:  Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant-0ca3900d-e0e3-4f4a-8199-0548ca88083d-jpg

10. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done. Very nice review. The black paint looks great.

Been a very long time since I have last used it as well. One of the first spray waxes if not the first spray wax I purchased from AG. Really enjoyed its performance and attributes.

Thanks for sharing.

12. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review! The Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant is a great product that's been around a long time. It's nice to see a new review on the forum about this product.

Keep up the great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic review. I also received a bottle for testing and am excited to try it out. I hope to give it a try this week
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

15. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recall my first bottle. It was a amazing product! This was before all the Si02 hype.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast