autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

applying Ceramic coat over Zaino CS

I have several coats of z2 plus a sealant CS from Zaino on a new BMW. It is about a month old since last CS application.

Was trying to go to ceramic coating. Should i try to remove Zaino first with clay or machine polishing?
    Paint looks good and has really nice shine/water look from Zaino CS. it is smooth to touch and has no contamination.

Also wanted to see if there is any reviews of Avalon King - Armor Shield IX

Seems to be heavily advertised everywhere.

Im between that and Cquat Uk3 for the product to use in North east /Boston

it is my first time applying ceramic coating.
    I'm also sketchy applying it over sensors, camera lenses and multiple speed radar devices new car uses for auto driving.
    Should i tape over all the sensors ?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 09-13-2019 at 10:16 AM. Reason: item not sold at Autogeek

Post Thanks / Like

Re: applying Ceramic coat over Zaino CS

Zaino products, I believe, fit squarely in the sealant category. In my opinion you want that completely removed before applying any coating. You never apply a coating on wax or sealants.

Coatings need to be applied to squeaky clean virgin paint for best results.

As a minimum I would machine polish and then do panel wipes to thoroughly remove everything. Do the baggie test for the need to clay but if that's been done recently you may be good on that.

I apply my coatings over everything painted (e.g. rear/front bumper detectors). I also coat back up camera lenses. Never had any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the AutogeekOnline!

Yes, you will need to remove the Zaino products so the ceramic coating can bond properly to the painted surfaces. Machine polishing would be the best way to remove the Zaino products.

I never heard of that coating before?

CarPro Cquartz UK Edition is a great ceramic coating for the painted surfaces of your vehicle. I would recommend applying this indoors and have excellent lighting to check for any high spots. Make sure you have a"Prep Spray" to remove any polishing oils left behind before applying the coating. CarPro Cquartz UK Edition 30 ml.

Directions:

Wash and dry vehicle. Use CarPro Iron X to decontaminate the paint.
    Remove any polishing oils with CarPro Eraser.
    Apply Cquartz UK Edition with the supplied applicator.
    Spread Cquartz UK Edition in a criss-cross or circular motion until surface feels dry.
    Buff off using a CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloth.
    Use CarPro Reload after 30 minutes to prevent water spotting during dry time.
    Full hardness is achieved in 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

As a former Zaino user - I would absolutely agree - remove it first - I found newer products just like clean paint to adhere better....

Also - I moved from Zaino into Sealants - and now onto Coatings.... My favorite Sealant replacement product to Zaino was the Sonax Polymer Net Shield... But I really prefer the Coating Options available now for longevity and self cleaning ability... My two DDs are split right now between McKees 37 V2 Coating and CQ UK 3.0.... I'm really preferring the CQ UK 3.0 for looks - but both coatings have held up fine over CT Winters.

I would suggest a known coating from AG - you'll have the AG Forum for search on product results (durability feedback and pictures for how a product looks) as well good feedback on proper application techniques vs some fly by night coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried many coating overlooking cquartz uk until finally trying no all I apply is cquartz UK the single layer slayer. I have seen the Avalon king never tried most on here problems have not used it but cquartz regular upgrades/tweaks there coating and have a whole product line to support along with toppers cquartz Tech is probably more advanced than Avalon.

Post Thanks / Like

Did my 1st coating and only issues were high spots with CQUK3.0. Even redoing I had issues but probably me. Water behavior is amazing and my car looks like black glass candy.

+1 for 3.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post