autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griots Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage

Griots Garage

This isnt specifically about a product review as much as it is about the company and their customer service.

Back in June I went to the Chevrolet Nationals in Carlisle PA for the weekend. There was a vendor there selling mostly Griots stuff. My gallon of Adams Interior Detailer is almost gone so I decided that it was time to get myself a gallon of the Griots Garage Interior Detailer to replace it. When I got back to the hotel room I decided Id like to try and smell it just for fun lol. It smelled somewhat like green apples.

FFWD a few months and I finally had a chance to use some of it on my Grand Prix. I opened the gallon for the second time since purchase and it had a very rancid smell with very little green apple left. I decided to try it anyway, well it streaked the crap out of my black door panels and dash. Dry spots all over the place.

I email GG and let them know what happened to the gallon in the 3 months since purchase. I figured they would want to know the lot # or something and could get on top of this maybe. I also inquired about a replacement gallon. Jessica was MORE THAN ACCOMMODATING to me and promptly sent me out another FREE OF CHARGE!!!!

I have read a ton on here about the quality of GG's customer service and fortunately till now never needed to find out for myself. Let me reiterate to you all they have some of the best Customer Service Ive dealt with. Usually the words Customer and Service dont go in the same sentence. THANK YOU AGAIN Griots Garage for being such a great company that cares about your customers, direct customers or not!!!

"Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

2. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, vobro, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage

Yep, Griots is a very good company.

As to this problem you experienced. Many detailing products today heavily rely on sophisticated water filtration systems.
    That none of these products are made from simply water from a faucet.

If such systems are slightly off on any given day, this is one thing that can effect a product's consistency, quality and long term shelf life.

Thanks for sharing your story.

4. Likes oneheadlite, vobro, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is the reason why they are the only products and machines used in our shop! I’ve never been given the answer “ you’re doing it wrong “ or “ I’ve never heard of that” !

6. Thanks vobro thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the customer service is 2nd to none, it's very comfortable when it seems like a company cares, doesn't try to lay blame and WORKS with you to get the best solution. I had an issue with my GG Boss 15 and it was replaced,even received a courtesy call after I received the new machine to make sure I was happy. Throw all that plus making quality products and you have a successful business

8. Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite, dcjredline liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just to comment,

I have 3, 4 maybe 5 former colleagues from Meguiar's that left Meguiar's and now work for Griot's.

Some of the improvements you've seen in product chemistry, tools and pads directly comes from their input based upon their years of experience as detailers and from there different areas of expertise in the car detailing industry.

Pretty cool.

10. Likes PaulMys, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed about Griot's CS.

I will also throw in McKee's, and AutoGeek itself.

90% of my detail arsenal was made by and shipped from these 3 companies.

All TOP-notch!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes dcjredline, Hermes1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good to know on there customer service! I really like there BOSS system and is the main products I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulmys View Post
    agreed about griot's cs.

I will also throw in mckee's, and autogeek itself.

90% of my detail arsenal was made by and shipped from these 3 companies.

All top-notch!
    completely agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage

I live 30 mins from head quarters. Nothing but best service when I go in. They have a full service area where you can test whatever.

I had a problem with my paint I had thought I burnt through and was hard to get proper diagnose through picks. Talk to couple detailers. And no clue. Took it to griots and Guy (his name) came outside looked, wasn't sure so had me pull up and took his time to help me figure it out.

Help pick right pads, polish and all else needed. 100% griots for life. Knew I bought a lot threw AG and the have no problem were I buy it from. Treated me like I was a top customer!

My first polisher was/is a boss 15 and I did my first polish/correction with it. As a newb who tried the GG6 and the boss 15, don't be scared and just go boss! Was simple and easy to use!

Also second on Autogeeks staff. Great help the few times I've needed it and top notch customer service. Had an issue with a leaky bottle of hydro 2 and went above and beyond to take care of me. I try and buy only here and griots if the carry what I need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Likes PaulMys, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the very few companies that I have nothing negative to say about, from customer service to the products they sell.

19. Likes PaulMys, dcjredline liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast