autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR 1st timer - speechless!

Getting my 68 camaro ready for a big car show next weekend. Giving her the whole rundown and full detail. Paint is micro marred because I had to wash it after I blew a water pump gasket. Ended up doing a 2 bucket, but it was close to 1am so I couldn't foam cannon it as a prewash and extra lube

Bought ONR to try as a rinseless wash. Since I read the reviews and all the rave, I jumped in with both feet and grabbed a gallon. Liked that it could also be used as a clay lube and QD so I figured worse case, it wouldn't get thrown out.

Washed the car tonight on the lift with a 2 gallon bucket, Meg's MF wash mit and a sprayed bottle filled to pre-soak all the panels. Did one panel at a time and was more and more amazed with each swipe.

Like I said, the paint was already mirco marred so I had nothing to lose. Oh and did I mention this is a Black car? To my surprise, it did not mar the finish at all. I am thoroughly impressed with this product!

I have always skipped car shows if I had to drive on damp roads. The wide tires on the front and back coat the sides of the car with road grime. Out here on the country back roads, there are soo many trees and shade it takes forever for the roads to dry. Now I can take a bucket, 2 gallons of water amd have at it right in the parking lot of the car show!

On top of all that there is more! The shine left behind jaw dropping! This might have just become my new fav QD as well!

If you have been on the fence or hesitant to try ONR, jump off that fence my friend - you won't be sorry!

Didn't take before pics, but this car has been on the lift in my garage the past 2-1/2 months getting worked on. 2-1/2 months worth of dust and dirt from the last time it was on the road before I tore it down for modifications.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes acuRAS82, PaulMys, fly07sti, SWETM, Diner and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR 1st timer - speechless!

Awesome vehicle. RWs and WWs have become game changers and I’m a huge fan of both. It’s too much to bucket wash a daily driver 2-3x per week to keep it looking clean, but with RW and WW, it’s pretty quick and easy.

4. Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Awesome vehicle. RWs and WWs have become game changers and I’m a huge fan of both. It’s too much to bucket wash a daily driver 2-3x per week to keep it looking clean, but with RW and WW, it’s pretty quick and easy.
    Thanks for the compliment!

Also read where you can add 1 oz to your regular car soap. Can't wait to try that too lol

Post Thanks / Like

It's suppose to soften the water. I tried it a few times but just opted for the plain Optimum car wash soap.

But it's worth a try to see if it makes a difference. ONR is good stuff.

Sweet car and garage.

7. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinse less washes have been a game changer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

9. Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment!

Also read where you can add 1 oz to your regular car soap. Can't wait to try that too lol

You can add it to your soap, and it will soften the water like spazzz said.

But just be aware it will knock the hell out of your suds......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes pittpens24, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You can add it to your soap, and it will soften the water like spazzz said.

But just be aware it will knock the hell out of your suds......
    Yes, agree 100% with PaulMys... add too much it will essentially turn your normal car wash bucket into waterless wash except it requires rinsing (not really advantageous). I recommend starting with adding half the directed dose and go slightly up from there if it doesn’t wet your whistle.

13. Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    I have always skipped car shows if I had to drive on damp roads. The wide tires on the front and back coat the sides of the car with road grime. Out here on the country back roads, there are soo many trees and shade it takes forever for the roads to dry. Now I can take a bucket, 2 gallons of water amd have at it right in the parking lot of the car show!
    First off, beautiful Camaro and garage!

I would recommend one more thing to add to your onsite ONR kit - a pressure/pump-up sprayer filled with ONR at washless wash strength. If you are driving on roads that are not dry, you can use the pressurized spray stream to help knock off road grit on the lower body before beginning the wash.

And an alternative is use 1 gallon of water and a bunch of MF towels. Mix ONR in the wash bucket and place 4-8 towels in the bucket to soak. Fold a towel in 4ths, and wipe a small area clean. Move to a clean section of the towel and clean another small section. Once a full panel is cleaned, damp wipe with a another towel, then spritz with detail spray and wipe dry.

Also, it did not appear you where using a 2 bucket method with ONR. You can reduce potential marring by cleaning the wash media on a Grit Guard in a rinse bucket, before reloading in the wash bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful!!!!!

I love ONR! Glad you tried it out!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

16. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    First off, beautiful Camaro and garage!

I would recommend one more thing to add to your onsite ONR kit - a pressure/pump-up sprayer filled with ONR at washless wash strength. If you are driving on roads that are not dry, you can use the pressurized spray stream to help knock off road grit on the lower body before beginning the wash.

And an alternative is use 1 gallon of water and a bunch of MF towels. Mix ONR in the wash bucket and place 4-8 towels in the bucket to soak. Fold a towel in 4ths, and wipe a small area clean. Move to a clean section of the towel and clean another small section. Once a full panel is cleaned, damp wipe with a another towel, then spritz with detail spray and wipe dry.

Also, it did not appear you where using a 2 bucket method with ONR. You can reduce potential marring by cleaning the wash media on a Grit Guard in a rinse bucket, before reloading in the wash bucket.
    Thanks so much. Yeah I wasn't doing the 2 bucket method. I knew I was polishing and wanted to try a worst case scenerio to see if it scratched or marred the black. I must say that it fared way better than I thought! Very minimal if any marring even with the one bucket and no grit guard. Will NEVER do that again - just a test once lol.

18. Likes mc2hill liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast