autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Mat Cleaner and Protectant Review

This is a review of Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Mat Cleaner and Protectant. PBMG was kind enough to send out a bottle for testing and review. I have tried similar products from other brands with great results so when Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice came out with a similar product I was excited to try it out. The test subject is a set of Weathertech floor mats from a recent detail. In the past my process for these type of mats would be to scrub with a diluted APC and treat with Meguiars #40. I found that #40 gave the perfect "fresh" look that rejuvenated the mat and did not have a slippery feel to it.

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE Mat Cleaner & Protectant is the solution to those dull, dirty, and dingy, floormats that you have been step all over! All the common types of debris and contamination that plague floormats are easily and effectively removed with the use of BLACKFIRE Mat Cleaner & Protectant. Dirt, mud, road salt, snow, beverages, and many more will all be swiftly broken down by the thorough cleaner agents contained in BLACKFIRE Mat Cleaner & Protectant. You can’t stop your floormats from getting messy, but that doesn’t mean you have to keep them that way!

Cost $19.99 for 32 ounces I applied Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Mat Cleaner and Protectant to the mats per the directions and agitated with a Tuff Shine tire brush. The product produced a great amount of foam and cleaned the mats perfectly. After drying with a micro fiber towel the mats looked new. My only complaint was that I wish the product produced just a tad more gloss to the mat itself. Otherwise I was extremely pleased with how it performed.

Pictures:

Mat Before

Wash Process and Foam Produced

End Results
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks Diner, Thomkirby, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes swexlin, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Mat Cleaner and Protectant Review

Thanks for this review Pat. I've been looking for something good to do the WeatherTech mats in my Ram. I used Megs 40 as well, but I've found it difficult to use.

Post Thanks / Like

How is the surface finish after application, slippery at all ? I have some of the Weathertech Techcare protectant coming from the recent sale, as it claims to leave an "anti-slip finish". But if this BF product yields the same kind of finish, I will try it the next time as it offers a lot more product for the $.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post, I think this was in the interior detailing kit offer I received in an email this weekend. Looks like it works well, just wished something would make those scuffed marks disappear on the WT-mats. I too had that same color in my last truck.

Post Thanks / Like

@Rambler57- same for me. I use WT but the price point is up there especially compared to this.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. Looks like you started with a mat that was fairly clean to begin with, unless the pics don't show how dirty they were? I'd like to see how the product would do with a really dirty and/or salt covered mat. Just so I understand the process....you scrub the mats and rinse as normal, then dry?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Thanks for the review. Looks like you started with a mat that was fairly clean to begin with, unless the pics don't show how dirty they were? I'd like to see how the product would do with a really dirty and/or salt covered mat. Just so I understand the process....you scrub the mats and rinse as normal, then dry?
    Yes sorry about that. I don’t have Weathertechs and finally had a client that had them so I thought it was a good chance to try out the product. Unfortunately they were not trashed to see how clean the product could get them.

My overall process was:

Wet mat
    Spray cleaner
    Agitate with Tuff shine brush
    Rinse
    Dry with micro fiber or compressed air

Hope it helps.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing