autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bead Maker making a believer out of me

So i purchased the gallon size of bead maker a few weeks back. Last week I got a chance to finally try it out on my wife's SUV. The car was coated with Polish Angel Viking a little less than a year ago.

Last week I gave the car a usual wash w Chemical Guys honey dew, chemical decon, another wash, and used my leaf blower to dry it. All good. I initially applied bead maker as I was drying the car and I would say that I wasn't too impressed. I then put another coat on a few hours later that night and it was just ok. I used my Cobra Micro Fiber plush (yellow and purple) towels to apply. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. The next morning I woke up and said, what the heck, I have a gallon of this stuff so let me put another layer on. I walked away and forgot about it. Later that day as i was heading out I looked over at the car and thought, wow, this thing is looking glossy. So glossy in fact that my wife noticed, LoL. It's been 8 days since I washed it and it looks like the car just got washed. in the 8 days since, I have driven the car a bunch through country roads, twisties, high way driving, local driving, and through two days of rain showers. Not until today did I notice a little dirt starting to accumulate on the doors of the car and I had to actually look hard. The rear trunk door also has some build up but that's because of the design of the car, it always gets dirty there. But its not as bad as usual.

I gotta say, I have not put much of a dent on the gallon of bead maker, and if this is going to continue to shine and keep the car cleaner longer than I'm used to then I'm probably going to be sticking with it for a while. i was getting ready to detail the vehicle and remove whatever is left of Polish Angel Viking and replace it with Gyeon Mohs just because I want to finish it off already (hate the smell) but since the bead maker is making it so easy to keep looking good I think i'll keep this process for the next 10 months when my lease runs out.

FYI, i have been using Gyeon and Cure on one of my other cars for 2 years now and it has held up amazingly well. Looks awesome and as bad as I want to recoat the car with something else it just doesn't need it yet. if you are looking for a long term coat then I recommend Gyeon if you can deal w the smell. If you want a quick fix I think you would like Bead Maker.

Thanks for reading and comments welcome. Sorry the pics are so tiny. Not sure why.

W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bead Maker making a believer out of me-clean-car-pic-5-jpeg   Bead Maker making a believer out of me-clean-car-pic-3-jpeg  
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

2. Likes Diner, SWETM, ssnimrod, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bead Maker making a believer out of me

Looks great!
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! There are many naysayers here, but I have found it to be the best product I have used to date. I use it as a quick detailer regularly and after washes/waterless. I was told it is not a quick detailer and never, ever should be used as one per this forum...but it works better than anything else I have tried. My wife has a new ride coming and I plan on using this as the only treatment.

5. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A new beadleever! Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    Looks great! There are many naysayers here, but I have found it to be the best product I have used to date. I use it as a quick detailer regularly and after washes/waterless. I was told it is not a quick detailer and never, ever should be used as one per this forum...but it works better than anything else I have tried. My wife has a new ride coming and I plan on using this as the only treatment.
    the best product you have ever used???
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Love this product. Super slick, high gloss and smells great!
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

9. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    Best ever? It's a solid product but it's not exactly ground breaking or life changing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

LoL, you guys are funny. Maybe it's just the best product he has ever used, not the best product ever made.

Anyway, its raining out right now and the beading is nice. Not the tightest I have seen, but nice, and I know that after the car dries i won't have water spots. And after I wash it next time, I will definitely put on another layer. For the price I think its a winner and i wouldn't have a problem recommending it. Don't get me wrong, i will continue to experiment with a lot of different products on my other cars, but for my wife's lease I'll likely stick with this, at least til it's finished.

I have some Powerlock I have been wanting to try but the only car i'm willing to put it on is my mini-van and i'm honestly not motivated to wash that car and do paint correction on it for some reason, lol. I usually give it a wash and mcKess blue/SIO2 and call it a day.

I was just in the garage cleaning up a bit and put a bunch of stuff neatly away in my cabinets. I've been thinking about getting some CQuarts UK w Gliss. I just don't know what I would put it on. I have other coatings I haven't finished yet and I kind of want to get some of those finished off first.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot!!!

Let’s see:
    It took three separate applications, all within a
    24hr. time period, before any observable amount
    of glossiness decided to make an appearance?

Definitely a praiseworthy product. ◔_◔

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

13. Likes PaulMys, Bruno Soares, yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To each his own right?

It took me all of 10-15 minutes per application, and also, the first one was right after a wash, and the second was at night so it wasn't great light and I left it alone. The third I did because why not. Going forward I will probably not have to wash it as often, and for the short amount of time it takes to keep it popping, I can deal with that.

There are some people that want a product they can easily apply and wipe off and go on with their day. This is a good option for them. I'm just sharing my experience.

15. Thanks Klasse Act, RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes ssnimrod liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast