autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Product Review: Wolfgang "UBER" Si02 Waterless wash

PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang ÜBER Si02 Waterless Wash

Introduction:
    Waterless washing is nothing new. It is something that has been around for a few years now. It is a category of washing that enables the user a way to clean the vehicle without the need for a hose and bucket. What is new is the fusion of Si02 technology into the waterless wash category. Nothing changes in the users process. What does change is added protection that is left behind. Now a waterless wash can be used as a true stand-alone product in that you don’t have to use a traditional LSP. Think of this product type as an AIO waterless wash with greatly enhanced protection ability.

Product Description:
    Wolfgang SiO2 Waterless Wash is an inventive new approach to a waterless wash. By combining the benefits of Silica (SiO2) with the lubricity and ease of use of a waterless wash, Wolfgang SiO2 Waterless Wash will make your entire detailing process much easier than before! The SiO2 in Wolfgang SiO2 Waterless Wash creates an extremely hydrophobic surface tension that will ensure water beads up and rolls off your paint. Whether you live an area with restricted water or if you just want to take a different approach to washing your car, Wolfgang SiO2 Waterless Wash is an outstanding way to clean your car AND take advantage of SiO2 protection!

Product Details:
    Packaging: 16oz cylindrical bottle with sprayer RTU
    Color: Light Blue
    Scent: Grape Juice
    Viscosity: Thin liquid
    Pricing: $24.99

Directions:
    Work on a cool surface in the shade.
    Starting from the top and working down, mist product on one panel at a time using an ample amount for heavily soiled vehicles.
    With a clean, pre dampened microfiber towel, perform a light sweeping motion from left to right.
    Continue the sweeping motion while gradually life the leading edge of the towel backwards with each subsequent wipe.
    When treated panel has been wiped, turn towel over to dry side and gently buff panel.
    Continue to the next panel and repeat until entire vehicle is clean.
    Switch to a new microfiber towel often.
    For the final buff use a soft premium microfiber towel with the short nap.

PROS:
    Cleans surface very well
    Leaves behind more robust protection than competitive products

CONS:
    Included sprayer did not spread product evenly upon application
    More time/effort needed to buff off and level product from added Si02

Conclusion:
    With so many waterless wash products on the market now it can be difficult to choose from. Most if not all of them currently have some sort of polymer or protective “wax,” added in the mix. These have worked very well and continue to do so in there own regard.

Wolfgang Si02 Waterless Wash is the first product (that I’m aware of) to add Silica (Si02) to the mix. The added Silica offers much more protection and puts this product in a category of its own and really makes it the Über Waterless Wash. I just found my new go to waterless wash.

https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-si...less-wash.html

2. Thanks acuRAS82, Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, fly07sti, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Wolfgang "UBER" Si02 Waterless wash

Very nice review Mike. Great documentation and explanation of your experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to post the review. Another con may be price. It seems kinda expensive given that a WW may need to be used liberally depending on how dirty the panel and at 16 oz., You could go through a bottle fairly quick.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in as soon as they make a concentrated...

6. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro ECH2O has SiO2 added. If the Wolfgang SiO2 version was a concentrate like ECH2O I would try some. A 16 oz bottle would last me one car making it too expensive for me to use.

8. Likes acuRAS82, Vegas1, BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Very nice review Mike. Great documentation and explanation of your experience.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post the review. Another con may be price. It seems kinda expensive given that a WW may need to be used liberally depending on how dirty the panel and at 16 oz., You could go through a bottle fairly quick.
    Sure thing.

It is fairly expensive. The best way would be to pick up at a 20% sale.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’m in as soon as they make a concentrated...
    Good idea.

Until then, the gallon size on sale would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    CarPro ECH2O has SiO2 added. If the Wolfgang SiO2 version was a concentrate like ECH2O I would try some. A 16 oz bottle would last me one car making it too expensive for me to use.
    Well I'll be dang. I thought it was a Rinseless Wash. I just went out to check my bottle and sure enough, Waterless Wash.

Perhaps they will find a way to offer a concentrated version.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I could easily use that in 1 wash. I have some but I'll only use it light like a "drying aid" after a wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I could easily use that in 1 wash.
    True. Depending on how dirty the vehicle is you may end up using 12oz or so. Also depends on the size of the vehicle.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to SiO2 use and have some questions about Wolfgang's SiO2 waterless wash.

Can I apply this right after polishing with Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax?
    If I use this product 10-15 times can I use Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax over this? If not, how difficult will it be to remove the SiO2 to reapply the liquid wax?
    What I'm asking is this a one way road that once I start down it, is there no turning back?

I'm thinking of using this product similar to Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax but hoping that it lasts longer, sound reasonable?

Thank you for your time and information

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garyods View Post
    I'm new to SiO2 use and have some questions about Wolfgang's SiO2 waterless wash.

Can I apply this right after polishing with Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax?
    If I use this product 10-15 times can I use Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax over this? If not, how difficult will it be to remove the SiO2 to reapply the liquid wax?
    What I'm asking is this a one way road that once I start down it, is there no turning back?

I'm thinking of using this product similar to Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax but hoping that it lasts longer, sound reasonable?

Thank you for your time and information
    You can use this to clean/shine up your Ultimate Liquid Wax, but wait 24 hours after Ultimate application. I don’t know this for sure, but I think you can reapply Ultimate Liquid Wax again after any amount of Uber SiO2 WW applications. I believe this because most newer sealants seem to do well on top of other sealants, based on my experience. Additionally, I think most sealants apply fine on SiO2. Uber is adding WG polymers including SiO2 on top of your old Ultimate Liquid Wax. I definitely don’t think it’s a one way road unless you measure longevity of a product in mere days and hours.

I can’t say whether Uber SiO2 waterless would last as long as Ultimate Quik Wax. I doubt it though. Quik Wax gets most people weeks to 2 months. I don’t know that this waterless wash can beat that. It’s advantage may be a better or at least new-to-you shine. If you like that shine a lot, then this is worth using.

Please note, there is also a WG SiO2 Spray Sealant that may be a better option for you if you’re looking to replace Quik Wax and only apply on a clean vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast