autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Synthetic Mitt Cleaner

Thank you Meghan for sending this out to me for review.

Product:

BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner

Cost:

$19.99 for 32 ounces

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner will effortlessly separate all the contamination from your synthetic clay mitt and leave it clean and ready for your next decontamination. BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner makes claying your car much safer than it has been in the past! With BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner you won’t having to worry about all the contamination in your clay mitt potentially marring the surface of your paint during the claying process. Keeping your mitt clean with BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner will allow you to get many more cars out of every mitt you use!

Whether you call it “decontaminating your paint” or “claying the surface”, it is one of the most important process in car detailing.By simply existing, you paint is bombarded with a slew of contaminants and debris that stick into your paint on a microscopic level. These contaminants leave the surface dull and rough to the touch. Not only that, but most of these contaminants will eventually erode away your car’s precious paint, causing permanent damage. You can solve this issue by simply claying your car with a synthetic clay mitt. However, that contamination doesn’t just disappear, it remains stuck in your mitt. Because synthetic clay mitts were designed to be used often and for plenty of cars, having them riddled with contamination poses some serious risks!

This is precisely why BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner was created! BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner contains revolutionary surfactants that will work quickly to separate the contaminants from your synthetic clay mitt, making them easy to scrub or rinse away. The surface of your mitt that is left afterwards will be contaminant-free and ready for the next safe and effective decontamination step! While your paint’s safety is probably the most important thing to you, itis not the only benefit of routinely using BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner during your claying process. Synthetic clay mitts by nature are meant to be a long-term alternative to traditional clay bars. Because clay bars break down quickly, you will find yourself going through many of them through out your detailing career.Synthetic clay mitts are able to last 10 times as long as tradition clay, but they too will eventually fall victim to the abuse!

However,using BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner to clean the surface of your mitt regularly will greatly reduce the amount of abuse your mitt sees! Because you don’t have to worry about the microscopic contaminants tearing your mitt to shreds as you use it, you’ll get even more cars out of it than before!

Directions:

Working out of direct sunlight, spray Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner directly onto the affected area and allow to dwell for approximately 30-45 seconds. Scrub the surface using a brush or by agitating the towel or mitt. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
    This is going to be a short review.

A new product for 2019 is the Blackfire Synthetic Mitt Cleaner. Per the description this is used to clean one’s synthetic clay mitt,towel, sponge, disc, etc after using it. The cleaner is essentially removing the contaminants that have built up during the claying process.

The directions are straight forward. Spray, let dwell for 30-45 seconds, agitate and rinse off.

I chose to agitate it with a soft bristled brush which formed a later.

Rinsed the mitt’s clean and let sit to dry.

One thing I noticed was how sticky the surface of the mitt got. Enough to hold it on my bare hand holding it upside down.

I will point out that if one has a clay alternative of some sort that has seen better days, then this cleaner does not do well to revive it. On the other hand it seemed to enhance the amount of cracking and degradation of the already degraded mitt. Could just be a coincidence and not so much the product.

Final thoughts:

This mitt seemed cleaner but it could be the placebo effect. I can not answer if it will extend the life of the mitt. But I can say the mitt seems to be cleaned and ready for the next use.

Personally I don’t see myself purchasing this product as most of the time APC and a rinse works as well.

For those thinking it will revive an already degraded mitt, well this is not going to do it. It is not designed for that.

Other reviews:

Review: BLACKFIRE Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner

Blackfire Pro Detailer's Choice Synthetic Clay Mitt Cleaner Review

2. Thanks Diner, JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, SWETM, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Synthetic Mitt Cleaner

Great, honest review Mike.

You are awesome at keeping it readable and right to the point.

Always appreciate your input on these things.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When Mike P does a review and explains the ins/outs that distinguish this product from the pack, that'll say something. Nice review.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike. I noticed the same thing about the stickiness of the mitt.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

7. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing when I saw this product. What does it do that APC doesn’t do? I’ve got products that clean rubber mats too? I really don’t need anything just taking up wall space.

Post Thanks / Like

I forget which APC & what strength, but I once almost ruined a clay mitt with APC. The mitt started melting when I sprayed the mitt with the APC & began scrubbing.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

10. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post