autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat Review

This is a review of Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat. PBMG was gracious enough to send me out a bottle for review. In order to test the product's durability fully I wanted a vehicle that would be exposed to the elements and rain frequently. The test subject are the tires on my girlfriends Lexus RX 330.

Product Description:

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat finally gives you the ability to provide your tires the same level of protection that you give your paint! Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat is a durable and tough tire coating that will far outlast any dressing or gel you’ve used in the past! Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat can be safely used on any type of tires, including white walls and raised lettering, thanks to its water-based formula. Whether you like a matte shine or a high gloss, you can select your level of shine simply by layering on more Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat!

Cost: $34.99 for 8 ounces

Directions for Use:
    Before application, tires must be extremely clean. Clean using the Pinnacle Black Label Gel Tire Cleaner. The Gel Tire Cleaner will remove all previously applied dressings and will allow the Tire Clear Coat to form a bond to the tire sidewall. Allow tires to fully dry.

Dispense a nickel-sized dollop to a foam tire applicator and smooth evenly along the sidewall of the tire. Allow the Tire Clear Coat to dry for 30-60 minutes between coats, if desired.

Important: Always wear nitrile gloves. Apply to white letters and whitewalls first and allow to dry completely before coating the rest of the tire.

Application:

I prepped (cleaned and scrubbed) the tires using Super Clean degreaser at a 1:1 ratio and waited approximately 30 minutes for the tires to dry completely. I applied Pinnacle Black Label Clear Coat with the with a Speedmaster tire applicator sponge. The product is white and has a very thin consistency. The directions state to use about a nickel size drop but I ended up using a bit more to ensure complete coverage over the tire. The product spread effortlessly over the tire and absorbed quickly and reminds me of the old Tuff Shine Tire Clear Coat. The gloss of the tire can be adjusted with multiple layers. In this case I only applied one layer and was very pleased with the amount of gloss. The look was just a tad darker than matte and gave the tire a "brand new" look that was not overly greasy. I was extremely satisfied with how this product applied and looked after the initial application. I will try and report back with photos after the tire is exposed to rain to see durable how Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat is.

Pictures:

Tire prepped and dry

Product consistency

Perfect new tire look. Just a tad bit darker than a matte finish

Up close after application
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks Eldorado2k, acuRAS82, BadgerRivFan, bob m thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, PaulMys, waddell64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat Review

Very interesting... I didn’t know about this new product until now.
    Personally, I would’ve went with 2-3 applications to try and get a deeper black look on the tire.

Thanks for the review.Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat Review

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Mckees tire coating, which recommends using a stiff bristle brush. It has a similar consistency and I feel I waste some as it drips out of the bristles when I’m loading up. Maybe I will try a normal tire applicator next as it seems to work well for the PBL coating.

Thanks for the review! Was the amount used noticeable in the bottle, or was very little used for all 4?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I have the Mckees tire coating, which recommends using a stiff bristle brush. It has a similar consistency and I feel I waste some as it drips out of the bristles when I’m loading up. Maybe I will try a normal tire applicator next as it seems to work well for the PBL coating.

Thanks for the review! Was the amount used noticeable in the bottle, or was very little used for all 4?
    The amount shown on the applicator was the amount used for one tire. The bottle is 8 ounces.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    The amount shown on the applicator was the amount used for one tire. The bottle is 8 ounces.
    Looks like maybe you used 0.25-0.50oz for all 4 tires then.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this problem too with mckees coating. I like that applicator more then anything

8. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Pat. Looks like a nice product.

The Tuf Shine Tire applicator is great for any tire coating.

10. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a horse hair (Idk) detail brush to apply the mckees coating to. It applys a nice even coat but both brushes do seem to waste a lot of product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I use a horse hair (Idk) detail brush to apply the mckees coating to. It applys a nice even coat but both brushes do seem to waste a lot of product.
    The applicators Pat used (same as I use) are great for most tires. Zero waste when you use them right.

I say "most tires" because when I have my wife's gnarly Nitto Grapplers to do, the applicators become cumbersome. That's when I grab that brush you mentioned, and yup...... It wastes product.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Those applicators are awesome ONCE they are primed, gotta watch it when you FIRST apply something on them, product runs but you probably already know this. That said, once primed and usage afterwards is a breeze, all applicators should be like those. As far as the products goes, seems like a pretty solid effort in a tough market, I mean REAL tough. Time will tell how people like it
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast