autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat Review

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Those applicators are awesome ONCE they are primed, gotta watch it when you FIRST apply something on them, product runs but you probably already know this. That said, once primed and usage afterwards is a breeze, all applicators should be like those. As far as the products goes, seems like a pretty solid effort in a tough market, I mean REAL tough. Time will tell how people like it
    Well said, Rog.

Hey, why do you change the damn font? I'm Polish, and my brain can't really handle all this "new"..............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

If this product is like Mckees, I love it. Won’t ever go back to dressings (once I finish the remaining 80oz of Gloss Tire Gel I have, lol).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If this product is like Mckees, I love it. Won’t ever go back to dressings (once I finish the remaining 80oz of Gloss Tire Gel I have, lol).
    That's what I would like to know. Is this product also acrylic based?

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did this one the other day when the weather got up to a balmy 57F.

I was tired of my new Continental DWS06 tires not keeping Duragloss 252 Tire & Mat dressing for more than a week as well as not being even. So after letting the tires off gas for a couple months, I decided to apply Pinnacle Tire Clear Coat. Here is what I used for cleaning supplies and tools:

Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner
    Pinnacle Tire Clear Coat
    Milwaukee 2438 Polisher
    Medium round tire brush
    Tuf Shine coating applicator
    Eley hose nozzle (heavy duty)
    Bigboi Dryer Pro
    Autogeek ProLock Extension Cord

I cleaned the tires well with the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner until completely white. Actually, I had cleaned them a few weeks earlier but wanted to make sure the new tires would completely off gas and take the clear coat without issue. After cleaning the tires well, I dried them off with the Bigboi Blower Pro and then started applying the coating with a Tuf Shine coating applicator. I really didn't like the coating applicator at the beginning because it was difficult to get an even coat. I'd probably try to use a foam brush or thin microfiber applicator next time. But after applying a second coat, everything seemed pretty even but I may have put the second coat on a little thick. I used the Bigboi Blower Pro to dry the coating between coats as well as even it out. After the second coat, it did appear pretty glossy, too glossy for me. But after a few days, the tires have the perfect amount of gloss for me and after a few weeks, the Pinnacle Tire Clear Coat is holding up great and I'm very happy with its appearance.

Hadn't driven in a few days and wow look at the rust after a few days of rain.

Comparison after one coat.

Wow, way too glossy after two coats. Luckily the gloss calmed down some after a couple days to a very nice well-dressed tire.

Tires look great to me and I'm happy.

6. Likes The Guz, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Next time you use those tuf shine applicators, massage the product into the applicator to prime them. Makes them easier to work with and they apply coating evenly as they are less stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Looks good. Next time you use those tuf shine applicators, massage the product into the applicator to prime them. Makes them easier to work with and they apply coating evenly as they are less stiff.
    Thanks sir. Makes sense as it definitely worked better after it was primed. I'm sure I'll do better next time but I'm very happy with how the tires look now as I was getting annoyed by the Conti tires not holding the normal water-based tire products, which is a common complaint about the Contis.

9. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks sir. Makes sense as it definitely worked better after it was primed. I'm sure I'll do better next time but I'm very happy with how the tires look now as I was getting annoyed by the Conti tires not holding the normal water-based tire products, which is a common complaint about the Contis.
    Had the same experience with one of their subsidiary brand tires aka General taking the newest tire coating from McKee’s. I ended up having to apply an additional three coats after two weeks due to the tire absorbing most of it.

I ended up with 6 layers of tire coating.

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with the Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Clear Coat.

I applied this coating to a Kia Sportage's tires after a combination of machine and hand scrubbing 9 times. I used the Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner from concentrate diluted 1:1 for a majority of the scrubbing and then I used the PBL Gel Tire cleaner for I believe the last 2 scrubbings.

I think it turned out pretty good, and I've found that applying a little more product to the applicator and then doing just one pass really gives it a nice look.

I also used compressed air to blow excess product out of the side grooves of the tires instead of the Metroblaster Sidekick as mike suggests in this video. Then I took my tire applicator and quickly smoothed it over before it dried after blowing with air.

I have the MetroVac Air Force Express Blower, but I just didn't want to drag it out is the reason I used compressed air.

How to properly clean and apply a coating to your tires - YouTube

It was cold, so maybe this gave me just a bit more working time, but this product does dry fast.

I started at the bottom of the tire and worked my way around so that any excess that came out of the applicator would drizzle on the floor instead of somewhere I didn't want it.

Thanks for your review buddy! I hope you like the PBL Tire Clear Coat as much as I do!!! I just love the look this stuff gives to the tires, and I prefer this look over any other. Not to matte, not too shiny, JUST RIGHT! I call it the PBL Look.

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat Review-20210206_192830-jpg

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat Review-20210207_071612-jpg

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat Review-20210207_071653-jpg

12. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting. I would like to see how this holds up over time.

14. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Thanks for posting. I would like to see how this holds up over time.
    It holds up great if you don't curb your tires or take your vehicle through the automatic car wash.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast