autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Detailer's Choice Wheel Seal Review

This is my review of the new Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Wheel Seal. I was sent a sample of this product by PBMG for review. The test subject for this review are the Volk GTC wheels and Stoptech brake calipers on my 2003 Nissan 350Z. Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Wheel Seal is a gelatinous SI02 based wheel sealant that is designed for protection of all wheel types. For the detail veterans this product reminds me of the old Poorboys Wheel Sealant and is the same color and consistency. I ended up putting the Wheel Seal in the refrigerator in my garage to help with application so that is was not as "liquidy".

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE SiO2 Wheel Seal is heavy duty wheel protection sealant that will prevent the build up of harmful brake dust, tree sap, tar, road salt, and road grime! BLACKFIRE SiO2 Wheel Seal is designed with a completely non-abrasive formula, making it safe for the vast majority of wheel types and finishes. BLACKFIRE SiO2 Wheel Seal will even work to fill in some of the pitting, corrosion, and damage that already exists on your wheels, restoring their finish! BLACKFIRE SiO2 Wheel Seal contains Silica protection that will far surpass other wheel sealants in both longevity and caliber of protection!

Cost: $24.99 for 8 ounce jar

Directions for Use:
    Working out of sunlight, rinse wheels with a strong jet of water.
    Dry with a microfiber towel.
    Apply BLACKFIRE SiO2 Wheel Seal with a foam applicator using a thin layer directly on wheel.
    Buff out product haze with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Repeat steps on all other wheels.

Thoughts and Testing:

​I applied Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Wheel Sealwith a finger pocket foam applicator to the wheels and calipers and allowed to haze. The wipe off was very easy and straightforward. I had no issues with streaking and after waiting a 24 hour cure period was impressed with the beading after the wheels were sprayed with water. The only downside that I see to this product is the application to a very intricate wheel pattern. I noticed that in some places I had applied the product to heavy in some areas on my wheel and it did take some work trying to remove the residue. If I had a very complex wheel I would probably reach for Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Hydro concentrate with the spray on/wipe off method to allow greater coverage and avoid any heavy residue build up. Overall I was very satisfied with the product and I plan to apply it to the chrome exhaust tips on my Dodge Ram 1500 to see if it would make cleanup on those any easier.

Pictures:

Product consistency

Application with finger foam applicator

Product applied and hazed

Beading after 24 hour cure
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks The Guz, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE, acuRAS82, The Guz, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Detailer's Choice Wheel Seal Review

Thanks for the review.

This looks like the old Detailers Pro Wheel Glaze which transferred over to the Mckee’s line with some SiO2 in it for more durability.

With the availability of wheel coatings and spray and rinse products, it will be hard for it to compete.

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I correct that this isn't really a wheel polish but more final step product? It seems more suited for clearcoated or powder coated rims rather than bare polished aluminum.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks for the review.

This looks like the old Detailers Pro Wheel Glaze which transferred over to the Mckee’s line with some SiO2 in it for more durability.

With the availability of wheel coatings and spray and rinse products, it will be hard for it to compete.
    Agreed, I wish Blackfire would re release that trim cleaner and protectant all in one product they had. That was my favorite since it did both jobs in one shot.