autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray

Thank you Meghan for sending this out to me for review.

Product:

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray

8 oz

32 oz

Cost:

$19.99 for 8 ounces

$49.99 for 32 ounces

Product Description:

Quickly eliminates any oils and waxes on any surface!

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray was designed to be used in conjunction with any of the many Pinnacle Black Label coatings to ensure that you get the most out of your coating. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray is extremely effective at breaking down any polishing oils, waxes, or other residue that finds its way onto your car over time. You can use Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray to cleanse the surface of your paint, glass, or wheels to make sure they are ready to be coated. The simple spray and wipe formula of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Prep Spray ensures that you will be able to prep the surface and move onto applying your incredible Pinnacle Black Label coating as quickly as possible!

Ceramic coatings, especially the Pinnacle Black Label coatings, are a quite impressive advancement in the world of detailing. These products are made with incredibly advance chemical technology that allows them to far surpass any wax or sealant in both level of protection And life-span! However, while these coatings are an extremely effective defense against the slew of contaminants that assault your vehicle,they are a particularly picky beast. The nano-chemical technology used in these coatings will only properly bond to itself and the surface to which they are applied. The existence of any oils,lubricants, or waxes on the surface will prevent the costing from cross-linking and adhering to the surface properly.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray makes sure that your surface is perfectly prepped and entirely cleared of these pesky oils, waxes,and lubricants that pose such a threat to your coating. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray is designed with a chemical cleaner that is capable of penetrating the otherwise resilient bonds that oils and wax forms with itself. Once these bonds are penetrated,Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray will work quickly to break them down and release the hold they have on the surface of your vehicle!

Because Pinnacle Black Label makes a coating almost every surface of your vehicle, it was also crucial that you be able to properly prep those surfaces as well! Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray will work equally as effectively to prep and clean the surface of your glass, paint, and wheels! This will allow you to use the entire line of Pinnacle Black Label coatings to keep your car protected for years to come!

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray was also designed to ensure that you would not have to wait forever to get the long-lasting protection of your coating. To do so, Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray was formulated to be as easy and as quick to use as possible! Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray requires only a simple spray and wipe application process, allowing you to spend less time cleaning your car and more time enjoying the many benefits of your coating!

Directions for Use:

Do not use in direct sunlight. Apply only to cool surfaces. Working panel by panel, spray Diamond Surface Prep Spray directly to the surface and wipe away using a clean and soft microfiber towel.Continue around vehicle until each surface is prepped.

This is going to be a short review.

I will start off by mentioning that it is about time there is a prep spray in the PBL line. The prep polish is there but if you are like me, nobody wants an additional polishing step once the paint is prepped and ready to receive a PBL coating. This prep spray will save a lot of time but it will help the enthusiast that wants to stay within the PBL line.

I was sent the 8 oz bottle. Comes in the typical PBL bottle and sprayer.

The directions are straight forward. One is essentially spraying the product onto the surface to remove polishing oils prior to applying a coating. It does state that it can remove waxes but I did not test that out. I used this as a prep spray prior to applying a coating to a customer car that had not protection on it.

Final thoughts:

As I mentioned it is good to see a prep spray within the PBL line. Those that are interested in the line now have a quicker and better option to prep the surface for a PBL specific coating.

It is also another option for those looking for a prep spray to use prior to applying any coating.

The 8 oz bottle has a nice sprayer in the way it atomizes the product. The downside for me is that it is rather small and can be a bit awkward or cumbersome to use at times when holding it in the hand. Those with larger hands may not like it. Not the most ergonomic spray bottle.

This product may get lost in the shuffle with so many prep spray products on the market. One thing is certain, is that it smells and behaves identical to the Blackfire Paint Prep spray. With that said the Blackfire prep spray is a better buy with the 32 oz option.

For the cost of the 8 oz bottle, I could pick up at a minimum a 16 oz bottle of CarPro Eraser, Gyeon Prep or Gtechniq Panel Wipe which will do the same thing.

If I was staying the PBL line I would pick this up over the coating prep polish.

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray

Nice review, thanks. Seems a bit pricey though, no?

At the risk of running off on a tangent, have you tried Kleen-Strip Prep All? Gave it a try recently, infinitely more enjoyable to use than other prep sprays, seems to not be alcohol based.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    [FONT=Arial]

For the cost of the 8 oz bottle, I could pick up at a minimum a 16 oz bottle of CarPro Eraser, Gyeon Prep or Gtechniq Panel Wipe which will do the same thing.
    This brings up a point I ponder every time I coat one of my vehicles: does it really matter which prep spray you use? While each spray might be slightly different, if they do their job properly of leaving a surface totally free of residue, there is no need to stay "all in the family". I've rarely used a prep spray matched to it's coating. I used Blackfire's for McKee's, CarPro, and Gyeon coatings. I've used Gyeon's Prep for Gyeon and Carpro coatings and in every instance, things worked out fine although I did find Gyeon Prep to be a better product.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Nice review, thanks. Seems a bit pricey though, no?

At the risk of running off on a tangent, have you tried Kleen-Strip Prep All? Gave it a try recently, infinitely more enjoyable to use than other prep sprays, seems to not be alcohol based.
    Thanks. It is expensive compared to other competing products. I can see why as the PBL line is aimed to be a boutique line in a similar fashion to Polish Angel.

I have not tried it. For one it has to be ordered online as it is not sold here in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    This brings up a point I ponder every time I coat one of my vehicles: does it really matter which prep spray you use? While each spray might be slightly different, if they do their job properly of leaving a surface totally free of residue, there is no need to stay "all in the family". I've rarely used a prep spray matched to it's coating. I used Blackfire's for McKee's, CarPro, and Gyeon coatings. I've used Gyeon's Prep for Gyeon and Carpro coatings and in every instance, things worked out fine although I did find Gyeon Prep to be a better product.
    I have used many different prep sprays with various coatings and never had an issue with the coating bonding to the paint. Any of them get the job done.

For the average person starting out they now have a quicker option to prep the surface than use the coating prep polish if they are interested in the PBL line.

6. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post