autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 2019 Nissan Rogue and Polish Angel Invincible Primer / Glass Coat Cosmic

Nice work with some good products! Really looks great!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

2. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 2019 Nissan Rogue and Polish Angel Invincible Primer / Glass Coat Cosmic

Crazy shine, good work as always!

4. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work!

Polish Angel leaves an awesome finish! Not many brands are up there in the top looks wise. And crazy how far you come with little amount of product. A tips that I think you already know about but other who reads this. Is that if you apply a coat of the PA Cosmic Spritz on the Cosmic v2 coating you shorten the cure time from 24 hours to 12 hours. For some it can be worth to know about. It's cure time is when you don't need to be drying any water off the paint and the hydrophobic layer has cured so you can drive the vehical again after application.

Yeah pictures don't always shows how it looks in person. A video can show a little more of the finish but not all.

6. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job! Did you do all of the work outside in the sun? I was wondering what blue pad you used? The blue 4"pads I'm thinking of are cutting pads?

I love the mini polisher with the 4" Rupes pads. I have the flex mini but I think the specs are pretty similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Awesome job! Did you do all of the work outside in the sun? I was wondering what blue pad you used? The blue 4"pads I'm thinking of are cutting pads?

I love the mini polisher with the 4" Rupes pads. I have the flex mini but I think the specs are pretty similar.
    Yes, outside but half each day as the sun was on one side at different times of the day. No way could you do anything to this ride at say noon in full Florida sun right now, it would bake it instantly. They say to let Cosmic V1 cure 30 minutes. Out of the sun just from the heat it was dry in 10-15 minutes.

I bought the pads so long ago I don't remeber the brand. No beveled edges. Super soft, definitely not what would be considered light polishing in any way.

New 2019 Nissan Rogue and Polish Angel Invincible Primer / Glass Coat Cosmic-vikingcoat1-jpg
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Yes, outside but half each day as the sun was on one side at different times of the day. No way could you do anything to this ride at say noon in full Florida sun right now, it would bake it instantly. They say to let Cosmic V1 cure 30 minutes. Out of the sun just from the heat it was dry in 10-15 minutes.

I bought the pads so long ago I don't remeber the brand. No beveled edges. Super soft, definitely not what would be considered light polishing in any way.

New 2019 Nissan Rogue and Polish Angel Invincible Primer / Glass Coat Cosmic-vikingcoat1-jpg
    Nice, I have a couple of those I think. They look like the lake county blue finessing pads. I'm going to start my own thread but I do have a question about glasscoat.

Do you think I could relayer the glasscoat a week after the initial application if I used the primer spritz and nothing else was put on it? I only had time for 2 layers over the holiday weekend. Actually I should say I had time but I wasted it.

I was thinking about adding another layer or 2 on Saturday. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Nice, I have a couple of those I think. They look like the lake county blue finessing pads. I'm going to start my own thread but I do have a question about glasscoat.

Do you think I could relayer the glasscoat a week after the initial application if I used the primer spritz and nothing else was put on it? I only had time for 2 layers over the holiday weekend. Actually I should say I had time but I wasted it.

I was thinking about adding another layer or 2 on Saturday. What do you think?
    I only did one coat, I get such good even coverage with the machine and blue pad I don't see the need for another. As to the rest of your questions I really have no idea as I haven't ever done that nor do I use the primer spritz. They are pretty specific about layering times in their instructions.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update. I contacted polish angel. They said you can add layers to the cosmic v2 after the original layer has cured. You just need to use the primer spritz. Figured I would post this for anyone reading down the road

12. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new ride!

14. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did my first maintenance wash since applying Cosmic. Washed with Dodo Born to Be Mild Shampoo.

Wiped down with Beadmaker. The pictures speak for the effectiveness of Beadmaker. And it plays well with Cosmic. The wet shine and slickness are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

16. Likes acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast