autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Here’s a review I’m sure some of you weren’t expecting... But like I’ve always stated, I never had anything against this product at all.. Just a big misunderstanding caused by an over sensitive person who turned something out of nothing... But anyways, here’s a review that’s been 2 months in the making. A review unlike anyone that I’ve seen posted anywhere so far.

For the past 2 months I’ve heard so many people talk about “Beadmaker’s cool, but it’s longevity’s poor” or this and that, but it all seemed to revolve around its lack of longevity. Meanwhile I was using Beadmaker as my sole lsp in South Los Angeles where the air quality is so bad that I’ve had numerous AIO’s fail baggie tests and gather loads of contaminants within a matter of just 2 weeks, several times I’ve tested..

Just to refresh the state of my paint: I polished my Cadillac with HD Speed on March 18th. Seven days later there was next to no beading from HD Speed... From that point forward I began using Beadmaker on a constant basis, initially I was sort of interested in going through it and moving back to my normal lsp but right about that time I began to adapt a newer faster way of maintaining my car which I figured couldn’t hurt in the meantime while I used up the rest of my gallon of Beadmaker.

But then I started not only liking this new faster and easier way of maintaining my car clean, but I also began seeing increasingly more impressive results from the Beadmaker, almost as if it was building up not only strength but also increased slickness the more I used it. Certainly no drawbacks in the shine department either...

Results became increasingly more impressive that I even went ahead and ordered a 2nd gallon of it. [which arrived a few days ago]

Now here’s where I feel the need to set the record straight as far as all the naysayers out there chirping about “it’s short lived” or whatever.
    I’ve been using it as a standalone for 2 straight months and up until right now when I walked outside and did a baggie test the vertical panels are still 100% smooth. The horizontal panels, i.e. the hood trucklid, roof and just now beginning to feel the ever slightest beginnings of random tiny bumps few and far between, I’d say the horizontal panels are still about 89% smooth and free of bonded contaminants after 2 months of waterless and rinseless washing, using Beadmaker as a quik drying aid every single time. I’ve done 2 maybe 3 bucket washes including todays wash the entire time. Let me tell you that in this air quality where run of the mill lsps come to die fast deaths that this 2 month standalone test is nothing short of remarkable! I’m impressed, and I don’t impress that easy.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

I think that if it hadn’t rained twice this week along with me letting 7 days pass without doing my normal wipedown it would still be 100% free of bonded contaminants across every panel.

I’m officially a believer of this stuff. It’s solid.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Those people talking about short lived need to show some results of what they’re yapping about!

2. Thanks fries thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

...Or maybe they just need to allow 1 form of protection do it’s job instead of “topping” this and “topping” that... I’ve said it for the longest time, none of these products are meant to be topped over anything else. You’re only inhibiting a product to work as intended by causing a traffic jam on your paint where neither product can properly bond and do its job. All of these products are meant to be used as stand alones. All of em.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, but if you are using it every time you wash the car (from what I understand from your comments)... how can you determine how long it lasts?

You have used a full gallon of it in what? 2 months? I would not call that a durable product LOL

If you really want to know how long it lasts, you have to apply it once and check every time you wash the car if it's still there.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Rsurfer, Klasse Act, SWETM, Jon TDS, yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Ok, but if you are using it every time you wash the car (from what I understand from your comments)... how can you determine how long it lasts?

You have used a full gallon of it in what? 2 months? I would not call that a durable product LOL

If you really want to know how long it lasts, you have to apply it once and check every time you wash the car if it's still there.
    For my two cents I could care less about how durable Bead Maker is, I use it often and l Love the results. It's a great all around "spray on" detailer.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

7. Likes Eldorado2k, Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

This is how much I’ve used in exactly 2 months.

Now lets put longevity in proper perspective here... Are we expecting the same kind of longevity from a liquid spray sealant as we would a dedicated liquid or paste sealant? I’m certainly not, but then again this stuff comes in a gallon, and as we can see I still have 1/4th of a gallon left after 2 months of constant use every 4-5 days. I can live with that, especially considering how fast and easy it goes on/off.

People who put this products longevity up against unrealistic expectations and wonder why it doesn’t hold up the same way their Colinite does need to apply a bit of common sense.

On the other hand, nobody applies something like Colinite or fill in the blank dedicated sealant every 4-5 days because it would be a huge chore to do so.

2 completely different user experiences yet the same end result. Standalone protection to fit your particular needs. Just like every product sold these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...miracles never ceaseRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

I've read through this all and applying it every 4-5 days is alot but because of the cost you can actually do this but even still, not exactly cheap. I mean you could basically do the same thing with Ech2o mixed as a QD because even the smallest bottle can make what, 3 gallons or so IIRC. Now I'm not going against Beadmaker when I say this but I'm just sayin'.

With that said, if you like now and you really do seem to based off of what you've used in 2 months, GO FOR IT but just remember this, WE TOLD YOU SORenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone ReviewRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I totaly understand that this is a product that needs to be used often. But longevity from it is how long it lives on it's own without reapplyied. And the claim of around 2 months is apply it once and reapply is only needed to be done before it fails and just begin to weakens. So apply it as a drying aid or dry every 4-5 days in the part of stand alone LSP is not a longevity from it. I have products that is as easy to apply that last 2-3 months with only washed with Reset and no drying aid is used and it works as day one I applyied it.

I do not see any wrong with useing BM as often as you do and others. If you like it use it as often as needed. But if I'm not wrong it's marketed as a spray sealant and not as a QD. And the claimed longevity is way longer than a week. Again no wrong in useing it often as weekly but it says nothing of the longevity from it when you used weekly. Nice to find a product that you are satisfied with and works in how you use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you like it use it as often as needed. But if I'm not wrong it's marketed as a spray sealant and not as a QD.
    I don’t use or think of it like a quik detailer. I think of it like a spray sealant that would likely cause a ton of swirls if attempted to use like a quik detailer to remove even light dust.

Also, for me personally I judge longevity 1st and foremost on how long a product can protect my paint from contaminants bonding to it. Beading is a distant secondary... Don’t get me wrong, I love beading just as much as the next guy, but IMO it’s useless if the paint isn’t smooth down to its core because if it’s not then the true optimal experience and potential isn’t being had.

I think it’s bad practice to use any spray sealant, even and pretty much especially when used as a topper over a dedicated layer of some other protection because the longer you wait between applications the longer you leave your paint out to dry inviting contaminants to start bonding to it and once they’re on claying is the only way to get them off, which involves starting over which IMO is unnecessary when it can easily be prevented.

Some people like to apply their choice of “drying aid” every 3rd wash or so.. I never understand the logic behind that. It’s not as if it’s somehow going to build up to a fault because like removes like or at best very minimaly build on top of it and continues protecting, but IMO never does it cause a negative effect nor is any drying aid so expensive that you cringe at how much it costs to pull the spray nozzle a few times on the paint you’re about to wipe a towel across.

If a spray product offers benefits like slickness, gloss, and protection on top of it, why only use it once or twice per month? I’d rather add extra pop everytime instead of just once or twice per month.

13. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a couple of shots of the water behavior from the couple of bucket wash rinses I’ve done within these 2 months. The beading is very respectable.

Water behavior wasn’t top priority for me especially since I was mostly surviving on waterless & rinseless washing, but the times it was on display it never showed any signs of weakness.

The bottom 2 pics were taken during the 1st week. The top pics was taken recently. You can see how the beading got noticeably stronger as time went by.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried some of a friends. Looks Like felt like griots speed shine. I love speedshine for what it is.... a high quality QD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast