autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

More Beadmaker shine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

2. Likes acuRAS82, Diner, RamAirV1, Rsurfer, ssnimrod and 1 others liked this post
    Dislikes Rsurfer disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

15 Week Update: Ok so yesterday marked almost a full 4 months since I’ve been using Beadmaker as the sole form of of protection on my daily driver that lives outside 24/7 and I initially planned on doing a bucket wash [Megs Hyper Wash] followed by a quik claybar with the Pinnacle Poly Clay and then I was going to lay down a dedicated layer of liquid sealant and officially put an end to this test...

There were a couple of reasons I figured it was due time:

1. 2 months ago after a bucket wash with Optimum Car Wash I felt a minor bit of contaminants when I performed a baggie test on the horizontal panels of the car.

2. I’ve recently begun using the BRS which has taken a bit of getting used to, not necessarily due to the sponge itself, but more so getting used to rinseless washing as opposed to waterless washing, which has resulted in me cleaning the car less often lately.

But instead I was treated to a nice surprise... It turns out that Megs Hyper Wash really does deliver superior cleaning power than the low sudsing Optimum Car Wash because when I performed a baggie test after the wash it completely passed it this time.

The paint is smooth as glass after a full 15 weeks, even with less frequent washes for these past 2 months with Beadmaker having been re applied maybe every 10 days or so.

Here’s how much I still have left since my last update 2 months ago, to give you an idea of how little I’ve used in the past 2 months. [and there’s still more in my spray bottle]

Here’s how much I had 2 months ago.

4 month Review:

How would I rate the beading? It still hasn’t shown weakness at any point. Even going through extended periods of 7-10 days between washes the beading during the initial pre rinse is so good that It’d put most lsps to shame. I’m not exaggerating, it’s that impressive.

How would I rate the slickness? The paint is very slick 24/7. Washing the car feels like the wash mitt glides across the paint effortlessly. I’m actually being modest here because I don’t want to give it too much praise, but the slickness really is quite remarkable.

Shine factor? It looks good to really good. Those who use it know what I mean...

Protection? 4 months used as a drying aid after every wash and still zero bonded contaminants. Passing the baggie test after 4 months. There’s some coatings that wouldn’t be able to match this at the 4 month mark.

I’m impressed with its protection ability... The fact that it’s just a spray sealant doing this makes it even more impressive.

Beadmaker as a stand-alone lsp is the real deal.

4. Thanks TTQ B4U, bofh, VitreousHumor, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes MadMerc, DetailZeus, acuRAS82, TTQ B4U, Loach and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review and update Eldo! I too love BM. My vehicles are indeed coated and it's still my go-to after wash drying aid and has been for a while now. Not so much for the protection mind you but I do LOVE the slickness and gloss. My car is a metallic black and coated with UK 3.0 and Gliss v2 and I still use BM on it to enhance the slickness and gloss that much more. The great thing is that regardless of using it each week, it's not impacting the properties of the coating in terms of water sheeting, etc. It still does a great job. Even on my wife's car which is now in it's 16th month of being coated with Syncro, it's still doing great.

Like you, I'm on my 2nd Gallon just now and will continue to use it on my cars and customer cars as even on coated cars, I top them with Reload or Cure after they are done, they cure overnight but the day of delivery I wipe them down with a damp MF Rag and BM prior to pick up. It also works great on the inside of door jambs, etc.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks Eldorado2k, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    The great thing is that regardless of using it each week, it's not impacting the properties of the coating in terms of water sheeting, etc. It still does a great job. Even on my wife's car which is now in it's 16th month of being coated with Syncro, it's still doing great.
    Are you sure you’ll be able to tell when the Syncros finally done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Are you sure you’ll be able to tell when the Syncros finally done?
    Yes. It's starting to fail on the hood. I can tell by the beading and sheeting. Sides are still perfect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Yes. It's starting to fail on the hood. I can tell by the beading and sheeting. Sides are still perfect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    So does that mean you’ve got that distinctive BeadMaker beading on the hood? And you’re saying that up until recently BeadMaker wouldn’t impart it’s own type of beading over the coating?

I understand what you’re saying, and I’m not doubting you in any way... But man I’d sure love to see how that actually takes place with my own eyes someday.

It’s like when they made us grow beans in 1st grade... I remember staring at that cup but somehow I never saw the moment when the dang thing sprouted from the soil. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand it happening with something like Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash because the hydrophobic effect left behind by it is so thin or weak for lack of a better word that it’s not strong enough to alter anything in it’s way, yet if left to stand alone it will provide some semblance of water beading/sheeting for a limited time.

However I would rate BeadMakers water behavior as quite substantial and in the same ballpark as something like Reload in the short term. Of course that’s just my opinion.

How does Beadmakers water beading/sheeting compare to Syncro if you were comparing them on their best day. Somewhat comparable? Or not even close?

12. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So does that mean you’ve got that distinctive BeadMaker beading on the hood? And you’re saying that up until recently BeadMaker wouldn’t impart it’s own type of beading over the coating?

I understand what you’re saying, and I’m not doubting you in any way... But man I’d sure love to see how that actually takes place with my own eyes someday.
    I can tell Syncro is failing on the leading front edge of the hood by the beading and sheeting. The beads are great but with Syncro they are VERY distinctively tall and round. The contact angle is clearly higher in the areas where Sycro/Skin are still present. Also, while BM does sheet well, it is not comparable when air drying to Syncro/Skin.

I can understand it happening with something like Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash because the hydrophobic effect left behind by it is so thin or weak for lack of a better word that it’s not strong enough to alter anything in it’s way, yet if left to stand alone it will provide some semblance of water beading/sheeting for a limited time. How does Beadmakers water beading/sheeting compare to Syncro if you were comparing them on their best day. Somewhat comparable? Or not even close?
    I agree that's likely it. Could also be that by the time rain hits and water pounds on the surface, BM begins to fail or wash away as I'm not sure how strong of a bond it can actually make over Syncro/Skin thus not actually able to stand alone and retain it's own properties. In terms of a 50/50 comparison between the two, I've not done one but I have used BM on fairly bare/clean surfaces and while it's good at sheeting it's not close at all to Syncro/Skin. You've seen me here rave about Syncro and I know not everyone thinks as strongly about it as they've seen it fail sooner, but IMO it's one of the best sheeting products on the market and I've tried nearly all of them. I really like the new Gliss v2 over UK 3 and have both on my Q50 but there's still a visible advantage to the Mohs/Skin combo found in Syncro. I may have some time in the coming weeks to re-do my wife's car and I am going to stick with Syncro on hers.

14. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Goonie75, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New Buzz word.. Eagle One wipe and shine .

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn’t it be crazy if the Renny Doyle Spray & Shine leaves the paint looking better than BeadMaker but no one knew because everyone slept on it. Lol.
    Eldo, it's and old reply I know, but since BM should not be considered a "QD", can Spray & Shine be used as a "QD" in between applications of BM without any adverse effects?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast