autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

So, I'm aware of the hype, but haven't done a deep dive into informative threads concerning Beadmaker. I just know it's a buzz-product right now so I ordered some. I haven't even read through this thread. But I'll give my first impressions...

This went on a vehicle that had Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant applied 6 weeks ago. I washed it, clayed it with an eagle 1 synthetic clay mitt, and then applied the Beadmaker. I felt like it required more product to be applied than when using Megs Ultimate Spray Wax or DG Aquawax. It just felt more comfortable with a greater amount a product on the surface.

That said, it was easy to apply and remove and felt veeeery slick when I was done. Even more-so 12 hours later. It almost felt like I wiped down the truck with silicone spray. Awesome gloss. Satisfied.

But after two days, I drove through rain for about 2 hours. And the crazy thing was the wind from driving on the highway just wouldn't blow the water off the paint. It was like it stuck to the paint. And the beading wasn't good at all. It was also extremely difficult to wipe off bugs from the front of the truck the next day.

Final thoughts: when I want a super glossy vehicle, it's a good choice. But I probably won't buy it again. I'd choose DG AW or Megs Ultimate because it's easier to wipe off bugs and it beads better (water shedding).

I'm not here to argue. Just sharing my initial thoughts.

2. Thanks Klasse Act, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The beading/water behavior is horrific, no doubt. In non-rainy climates this significant disadvantage becomes less of an issue, but it’s hard to ignore in the Northeast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    The beading/water behavior is horrific, no doubt. In non-rainy climates this significant disadvantage becomes less of an issue, but it’s hard to ignore in the Northeast.
    In short-- I would have named it GlossMaker. The gloss and slickness leaves NOTHING to be desired. If those are your goals- this is the product for you. If you're desiring sheeting/beading, I'd look elsewhere, based on my cursory experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I think as Eldo2k mentioned when he used it every 4-7 days for 2 months that most of these attributes got better. No doubt it’s not a long lasting durable product but I would assume it would build on itself. But it’s ok to not like as there are a boatload of products out there. So as mike says, find what you like and use it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    I think as Eldo2k mentioned when he used it every 4-7 days for 2 months that most of these attributes got better. No doubt it’s not a long lasting durable product but I would assume it would build on itself. But it’s ok to not like as there are a boatload of products out there. So as mike says, find what you like and use it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. I did the initial heavy coat of BM on our polar white MB and after every wash I use it as a drying aid and it always has a great shine. On the wife's escape which is a daily driver I have DPC armor and I use Scotts mixture of products for a detail spray which work great on her car.
    Like stated, find what you like and enjoy it

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    I think as Eldo2k mentioned when he used it every 4-7 days for 2 months that most of these attributes got better. No doubt it’s not a long lasting durable product but I would assume it would build on itself.
    That.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

I was about to give up on BeadMaker after a couple of uses and declare it an average product, but the more I used it the better the results got and it really does feel like this product builds on top of itself.

I’ve been slacking off lately and have resorted to having to do bucket washes every 7-10 days, but at no time has the beading appeared to begin to look weak. Slick as hell too.

@Minerigger. Thanks for doing that test you did on that black hood. Much appreciated.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

10. Likes Maxreed241, minerigger, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What? Has someone hacked your account?Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Reviewlol.

As far as Beadmaker, IMO it’s not something that’s going to wow you after 1 use. [which is why some youtube reviews of it make certain people look like complete shills]

For example, the initial beading isn’t something I’d call really impressive, but after continued use there’s no doubt this product builds up a stronger layer which results in above average beading and slickness that’s pretty damn remarkable.

My paint has never been slicker. Those people who say the slickness doesn’t last must be using this once per month and that’s their own fault.
    I totally agree with your review. After you use it a few times, it is VERY slick! I use it as a drying aid on my new Charger Scat Pack and the gloss after a few coats is incredible. For a QD I use Kenotek but even before using that the paint is still very slick.

RamAirV1

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    I totally agree with your review. After you use it a few times, it is VERY slick! I use it as a drying aid on my new Charger Scat Pack and the gloss after a few coats is incredible. For a QD I use Kenotek but even before using that the paint is still very slick.

RamAirV1
    Finally another person that gets it.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Reviewlol. This dude knows!Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

14. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Finally another person that gets it.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Reviewlol. This dude knows!Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review
    And it is the only LSP I am using on the rear two thirds of my car. I am using Reload over Essence on the front end, with Elixir as my QD (all great products BTW).

RamAirV1
    Last edited by RamAirV1; 06-08-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: redundancy

Post Thanks / Like

First wash on the new Rogue. PA Cosmic base wiped down with Beadmaker.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

17. Likes acuRAS82, Diner liked this post
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast