autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Klasse it’s up to you to test this theory. I know you’ll get the itch now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Scientific test incoming. No crying if it’s not to your standards. I been up 30 hrs now. Had to run home to get some stuff for wife and newborn. Give me a few and I’ll post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Scientific test incoming. No crying if it’s not to your standards. I been up 30 hrs now. Had to run home to get some stuff for wife and newborn. Give me a few and I’ll post

We welcome any and all testing.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Mmk so take this with a grain of salt. So we have said test subject. 17 suburban gloss black. Washed last Saturday and iron decon. Dried and had Merlin elixir used as drying aid. Don’t mind the water spots it’s getting corrected. But it’s covered in pollen and dust at the moment.
    Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0788-jpg
    Then we have said Beadmaker and for sh!ts and giggles I got out my temp gun. Paint is 150* Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0794-jpgRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0796-jpg
    Here are the towels I’m using. No clue on weight...guess 350ish. Higher pile on one side shorter in the other you get the picture. I have 2 for this test and no I didn’t clean the whole car I could care less at the moment. Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0795-jpg
    Here we have product applied. Not sure if I was supposed to use a lot or a little so I went heavy. I got plenty of vehicle to retest and we aren’t worried about scratches at this house so fear not good villagersRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0797-jpg
    Here is the towel after 2 wipes down the hood flipping sides as I did. Left product on there.m and had to buff with 2nd towel.Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0798-jpg
    Here are the results after buffing. I did have streaking but it’s 150* on the paint. Tried buffing multiple times but I couldn’t get it to not streak.

And finally a shot of paint temp when finished. Could it be used as a QD? Probably but ymmv and do at your own risk and don’t come cry and ask why. We know this product is just a quick lsp that’s crazy cheap. Take it for what it is and move on. Don’t get hung up on the name. I mean look at Dodge Ram. That right there is an oxy moron statement and they seem to do ok so I think Beadmaker will probably hang around.

***Disclaimer it could be that the car has 303 spray on rinse off sealant as base and then topped with elixir 5 days ago so get yer grains of salt to take this with.

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0800-jpgRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0801-jpgRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review-img_0802-jpg

***These are my opinions and observations at 5300ft elevation, 80* and very very low humidity.

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it’s more of a horrible cleaner than it is a swirl inducer? Is that what you got out of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Minerigger wins the I Don't Give a *** award! Love it.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So it’s more of a horrible cleaner than it is a swirl inducer? Is that what you got out of it?
    Pretty much. This is definitely a lsp not a qd. If you want to use it as a qd go for it but that’s your paint and your nightmare visions to sleep with.

I suppose you could induce swirls/scratches and marring but I think if you used an adequate amount and, quality microfiber towels and no pressure and just use your head and common sense then you’ll be fine.

And yes I don’t give a dayum. I do but I mean I’m not gonna lose sleep over it. It’s a black car in a windy sandy environment in the northern part of the country. The paint is gonna get beat up and it’s not gonna be a show car. It’s moms and she just like it clean and pretty. She can’t tell at 5ft or 25ft. It’s just black and shines.

Oilfield also does not help ones mentality towards material things. There is always more money to be made and more crap to buy when you don’t like what you have anymore so no point in stressing like crazy over it all. You get one life, live it up and enjoy it.

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought we were going to do a side by side with a quick detailer. what did this test do for our discussion? why does this thread have me so confused?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ffs. What qd you wanna do? I dunno what I have but I can do it tomorrow possibly. Car is still crummy but has a clean side on the hood Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review. Actually don’t know if I own any QD just because I stay up on my lsp so I usually do a waterless if I need a QD

13. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last statement....^^^^^^Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone ReviewRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast