autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I've used UWW and a lot of others, Beadmaker is my current favorite. With all do respect you can't make a comment like "I'm just not sure why people are going crazy for this product because it seems there are other things on the market that exceed the performance of it." if you haven't personally tried it.
    My only gripe with a statement like this is that it’s completely dismissive of anyone’s past experience. If someone has used a dozen quick detailers, spray sealants, and products that fall in to various categories, you don’t always need to use something to have an opinion about it.

I don’t need to experience some discount rotten piece of meat to know that I prefer NY strip. The same way someone using something like D156, any rinseless wash and wax mixed up as a QD, or BSD probably can determine that bead maker won’t do anything better than what they’re already using does.

A lot of the hype I see surrounding beadmaker seems to be based on subjective criteria: Slickness and shine/gloss. These are things I could honestly care less about. I’ve thrown several different things on my car and never once thought “Wow, now THAT looks good.” It just always looks good to me. Maybe my eyes are less discerning, maybe I just don’t care. But I can almost 100% say if I bought a bottle of BM I probably wouldn’t use it a second time, and if I did it would be specifically in my pile of stuff I don’t like that gets used on cars I don’t care about.

But like I said, all the stuff talked about with BM just falls into the category of a product that I couldn’t care less about. My current favorite QD/drying aid/spray wax is griots rinseless wash and wax diluted as a QD, and it’s probably the easiest product to apply/buff off I’ve ever used. I just can’t imagine BM surpassing it in the places that do matter to me, primarily ease of use. Even before that, D156 is pretty freakin easy to use and can be used pretty sparingly.

I feel like I come across negatively when it comes to this stuff, but that’s really not my intention. I’m glad people like BM, it’s good to know people are out there enjoying the products that they use, which helps them enjoy the process.

I’m just a very skeptical and stubborn person I guess. If things can’t be explained to me in an objective way, I tend to be dismissive. Something to work on in 2019, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Well, if you don't care about slickness/gloss then Beadmaker is NOT for you, no doubt about it. I'm sure alot goes into a name but this product can mislead some people out there but then again, that's what we're for, to test a product and report back our findings and thus hoping to show others the way, well, if a certain person's opinion carries a y weightsRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone ReviewRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes custmsprty, Finick, Oz_TCH, Ochnob, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    My only gripe with a statement like this is that it’s completely dismissive of anyone’s past experience. If someone has used a dozen quick detailers, spray sealants, and products that fall in to various categories, you don’t always need to use something to have an opinion about it.

I don’t need to experience some discount rotten piece of meat to know that I prefer NY strip. The same way someone using something like D156, any rinseless wash and wax mixed up as a QD, or BSD probably can determine that bead maker won’t do anything better than what they’re already using does.

A lot of the hype I see surrounding beadmaker seems to be based on subjective criteria: Slickness and shine/gloss. These are things I could honestly care less about. I’ve thrown several different things on my car and never once thought “Wow, now THAT looks good.” It just always looks good to me. Maybe my eyes are less discerning, maybe I just don’t care. But I can almost 100% say if I bought a bottle of BM I probably wouldn’t use it a second time, and if I did it would be specifically in my pile of stuff I don’t like that gets used on cars I don’t care about.

But like I said, all the stuff talked about with BM just falls into the category of a product that I couldn’t care less about. My current favorite QD/drying aid/spray wax is griots rinseless wash and wax diluted as a QD, and it’s probably the easiest product to apply/buff off I’ve ever used. I just can’t imagine BM surpassing it in the places that do matter to me, primarily ease of use. Even before that, D156 is pretty freakin easy to use and can be used pretty sparingly.

I feel like I come across negatively when it comes to this stuff, but that’s really not my intention. I’m glad people like BM, it’s good to know people are out there enjoying the products that they use, which helps them enjoy the process.

I’m just a very skeptical and stubborn person I guess. If things can’t be explained to me in an objective way, I tend to be dismissive. Something to work on in 2019, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In regards to Beadmaker and ease of use and being used sparingly Beadmaker definitely fits the bill. Goes on easy and the whole "spray it on heavily" is overblown if you ask me. I tried it that way and tried it in a normal application and have seen no difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes Klasse Act, Finick, minerigger, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used BM, and quite honestly I might never, because I already own SO many similar products.

That said, BM seems to have fans that are well respected here in this forum and I would absolutely take them at their word when they say good things about it.

Either way, I cannot remember in my 5+ years on the forum such a hotly contested product.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes bob m, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I haven't used BM, and quite honestly I might never, because I already own SO many similar products.

That said, BM seems to have fans that are well respected here in this forum and I would absolutely take them at their word when they say good things about it.

Either way, I cannot remember in my 5+ years on the forum such a hotly contested product.
    It could almost be called TMZ-maker, maybe Fair & Balanced-maker or this just in...Trouble-maker, LOLRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone ReviewRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone ReviewRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Well played Eldo. Thanks for the solid review.

Longevity, gloss, protection, smell, colour, size, label, spray pattern: None of it matters when judging the level of usability for an individual.

The determining factor comes down to frequency of use.

Only in rare cases would one actually need paint protection if they clean their car daily.

Seldom do we remember to mention the important factor of frequency when it comes to recommending or reviewing a product.

Just like recommending your neighbour use a wash and wax when their routine includes only a bucket wash with a hose every month and they don’t want to spend money. The determining factor of the illusive “best” product comes down to individual routine and budget.

Beadmaker has made such a fuss due to the name, the marketing and the overzealous YouTube review(s). Most of it is inaccurate and has cast doubt over the product but it remains a brilliant one for many based on the way they use it in their detailing routine, not the aforementioned factors.

11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Well played Eldo. Thanks for the solid review.

Longevity, gloss, protection, smell, colour, size, label, spray pattern: None of it matters when judging the level of usability for an individual.

The determining factor comes down to frequency of use.

Only in rare cases would one actually need paint protection if they clean their car daily.

Seldom do we remember to mention the important factor of frequency when it comes to recommending or reviewing a product.

Just like recommending your neighbour use a wash and wax when their routine includes only a bucket wash with a hose every month and they don’t want to spend money. The determining factor of the illusive “best” product comes down to individual routine and budget.

Beadmaker has made such a fuss due to the name, the marketing and the overzealous YouTube review(s). Most of it is inaccurate and has cast doubt over the product but it remains a brilliant one for many based on the way they use it in their detailing routine, not the aforementioned factors.
    I think that is the driving force behind the negative impressions/comments/opinions/reviews of BM. When I saw Pan's video with its "glowing" review, I bought a gallon. I did an admittedly unscientific test on my Audi, one side BM and the other side GG Best of Show Detailer. To my eyes, both were good with high beading and gloss, but indistinguishable in those areas as well as in longevity - and I reapplied a few days later. With that level of hype I was expecting a noticeably better performing detailer than GG's and/or Nextzett Perfect Shine Detailer, hence the "letdown."

On its own, it's a good product and how would I ever doubt or question the people on the forums who have had good results? I can't and again just speaking just for myself BM was both a beneficiary as well as a casualty of Internet overhype.

13. Likes Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss the reviews of Beadmaker stating it lasts a long timeRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review Its pretty established that Beadmaker makes the paint glossy and slick, durability about a month if all the planets line up, LOL. So in closing, what did I miss again?

I checked my post over and don't see any reason to report it to a moderator, thank youRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

15. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    A lot of the hype I see surrounding beadmaker seems to be based on subjective criteria: Slickness and shine/gloss. These are things I could honestly care less about.
    What? Has someone hacked your account?Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Reviewlol.

As far as Beadmaker, IMO it’s not something that’s going to wow you after 1 use. [which is why some youtube reviews of it make certain people look like complete shills]

For example, the initial beading isn’t something I’d call really impressive, but after continued use there’s no doubt this product builds up a stronger layer which results in above average beading and slickness that’s pretty damn remarkable.

My paint has never been slicker. Those people who say the slickness doesn’t last must be using this once per month and that’s their own fault.

17. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I checked my post over and don't see any reason to report it to a moderator, thank youRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Who are you talking to? And why would anyone report anything to a moderator?

19. Likes KBsToy liked this post
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast