autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Did I miss the reviews of Beadmaker stating it lasts a long timeRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review Its pretty established that Beadmaker makes the paint glossy and slick, durability about a month if all the planets line up, LOL. So in closing, what did I miss again?

I checked my post over and don't see any reason to report it to a moderator, thank youRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    As far as I'm concerned longevity was not thee issue, it was the beading and as mentioned I saw no difference in beading and gloss between that and others I used. Now admittedly I only applied it 2 times, that's what I based my opinion on so maybe as stated by Eldorado2k, it's something that will build up over time and applications - good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Now admittedly I only applied it 2 times, that's what I based my opinion on so maybe as stated by Eldorado2k, it's something that will build up over time and applications - good to know!
    For me there’s no doubt about it... Another thing I’ve noticed is that I’m not using loads of it the way I initially was. I think I went through almost 64oz. within the 1st 4 times I used it... But as you can see by how much I’ve used in 2 months, it’s really not much since that initial heavy application, and it wasn’t necessarily by plan, I simply let the feel dictate how much I use and lately it’s not as much as before.

Post Thanks / Like

Eldo,
    Good review. I think it depends on criteria when determining something’s longevity. Environment also plays a role. I think when most people talk about the durability of a product it is in terms of how long the beading performance/ self cleaning ability lasts. While I live in NC I did help start a company out in LA (Woodland Hills) for 8 months several years ago. Rain is certainly something you don’t have to worry about in LA. But that air and contaminants certainly are. It’s like breathing while sucking on a furnace out there. Lol. Here in NC I judge longevity by how long a single application of a product still performs throughout constant rain and other weather.
    I could see how BM would be the perfect LSP for your area and other dry areas of the country. It’s extremely slick and does seem to form a hard barrier with its hardening components of the product. I could see how it would perform better in a baggie test than a lot of other products out there.
    I still use BM even though I feel as though it is not the longest lasting(beading) product out there. I use BM during the spring/summer building up an nice base and use Sonax BSD over that in the winter when I don’t wash my vehicle as much.
    Here is a comparison of the BSD and BM single application after one month.

YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BSD should actually be called Bead Maker and Beadmaker should be called, well, something else...sorry if this offends someone, just my opinion and since these are both sold here it's ok, rightRenny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes Ochnob, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What? Has someone hacked your account?Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Reviewlol.

As far as Beadmaker, IMO it’s not something that’s going to wow you after 1 use. [which is why some youtube reviews of it make certain people look like complete shills]
    Haha no, no hacking.

Truthfully though, the reviews I see and praise of the product really do (mostly) emphasize the slickness and the “pop” it gives. Your review was a much better, more critical, look at the product which I appreciate a lot. For me though, I just think everything looks good.

I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed by any product of that nature, unless the application was less than enjoyable. So for me, and this is just my situation and not a judgement of any product in general, but gloss and slickness are just pretty low on the totem pole of things I want.

Your review does bring a good point to my attention though, which is applying frequently to avoid contamination I tend to pick up contamination pretty quickly, and maybe if I just applied something like d156 after every wash I could avoid some of that.

Granted, there’s a massive amount of pollen and debris, followed by rain in my area. So maybe it’s unrealistic to expect to avoid picking up any contamination.

Things to think about, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Eldorado2k, Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    Eldo,
    Good review. I think it depends on criteria when determining something’s longevity. Environment also plays a role. I think when most people talk about the durability of a product it is in terms of how long the beading performance/ self cleaning ability lasts. While I live in NC I did help start a company out in LA (Woodland Hills) for 8 months several years ago. Rain is certainly something you don’t have to worry about in LA. But that air and contaminants certainly are. It’s like breathing while sucking on a furnace out there. Lol. Here in NC I judge longevity by how long a single application of a product still performs throughout constant rain and other weather.

I could see how BM would be the perfect LSP for your area and other dry areas of the country. It’s extremely slick and does seem to form a hard barrier with its hardening components of the product. I could see how it would perform better in a baggie test than a lot of other products out there.
    I still use BM even though I feel as though it is not the longest lasting(beading) product out there.
    I think I should clarify a bit... This was more of a test of Beadmaker being my sole form of protection during a 2 month stretch more so than a claim of its longevity.

I felt like this would provide a true gauge of its abilities and more importantly its true results because how often do we really get to see the true results from something like this? Pretty rarely if you think about it because just about everyone uses a product like this as a “topper” which muddles any true indication of any products results.

The other tests we usually see is where people will either lay down 1 application and come back in 1-3 months wondering why its longevity was a major disappointment.

Oh and we can’t forget the chemical abuse tests that seem to be the latest trend on youtube, where people will wash the panel with APC, iron removers, etc. in order to see if the beading survives.

IMO the only real way to get a true gauge would be to use it as a standalone without any interference whatsoever, which is what I presented here with this review.

Also, as far as it performing better than other products in regards to the baggie test? You have to keep in mind that when comparing this to pretty much every popular modern day AIO, yes technically BeadMaker beats them, but alot of it has to do with the fact that Beadmaker can be reapplied every 6-10 days whereas the AIO’s are left hanging on their thin from the start protection which usually begins folding at around the 10 day mark.

As far as dedicated lsps, most products I’ve tested have been underwhelming based on their expectations. However I do have a go to sealant that shall remain nameless which IME provides long term protection against bonded contaminants and also beads better than any product I’ve ever used. Once I’m done stretching this Beadmaker run as far as it can go I’ll go back to the dedicated base layer and use Beadmaker on top since it’s supposed play nice and not completely interfere.

That was probably a long post huh? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Your review does bring a good point to my attention though, which is applying frequently to avoid contamination I tend to pick up contamination pretty quickly, and maybe if I just applied something like d156 after every wash I could avoid some of that.
    Yes, exactly that!Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

10. Likes PaulMys, Ochnob, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eldo, I LIKE Beadmaker. I bought a gallon after trying it. I use it as a drying aid after every wash. It’s going to last, just as Megs UQW would if I applied it every week. Beadmakers durabilty is NOT its strong point if only used every once in a while. I use it because it’s slick as hell, provides nice lubrication and smells fantastic. Durabilty is not a concern for me, as I apply it every week in some form.

'03 Corvette Z06

12. Likes KBsToy, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

Eldo, I LIKE Beadmaker. I bought a gallon after trying it. I use it as a drying aid after every wash. It’s going to last, just as Megs UQW would if I applied it every week. Beadmakers durabilty is NOT its strong point if only used every once in a while. I use it because it’s slick as hell, glossy, provides nice lubrication and smells fantastic. Durabilty is not a concern for me, as I apply it every week in some form.

'03 Corvette Z06

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Eldo, I LIKE Beadmaker. I bought a gallon after trying it. I use it as a drying aid after every wash. It’s going to last, just as Megs UQW would if I applied it every week. Beadmakers durabilty is NOT its strong point if only used every once in a while. I use it because it’s slick as hell, provides nice lubrication and smells fantastic. Durabilty is not a concern for me, as I apply it every week in some form.

I feel the same way. Just for the record, I never said it had great durability, as I haven’t gone more than about 7 days before re applying it.. I will however say that it has way more durability than any AIO including all the latest popular ones talked about on this forum.

16. Likes custmsprty, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried BM for the first time on top of WGDPS, comparing it to McKees trademark extender spray wax, each applied to half the hoods and doors.

2 weeks in...daily driver...a little rain and one power rinse off...and the winner is...

Beadmaker.

The BM side had better water runoff and beading, and feels slicker. The wow factor was watching the water action on the vertical panels...it bounced and dispersed just like a coating....really unexpected and different than the McKees or other spray polymers/waxes I’ve used.

I’m going to apply again after next wash and continue to compare with other sprays. A lot of the concerns here about BM are about durability, but if you have a base LSP and wash every 1-2 weeks, the BM may be their winner to use in this regard.

18. Likes custmsprty liked this post
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast