autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Car Wash - Review

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    You should try putting an ounce in a blender filled halfway with distilled water. After mixing, dump it in a bucket and add water w/ spray nozzle.

I haven't tried it. But I have a commercial mixer that the manufacture suggests cleaning by mixing dish detergent in with water. Makes the best dishwashing liquid I've ever use
    The only thing that goes in my blender are the lemons that I make the lemonade that I can’t live without… And I ain’t risking messing up my blender by putting car wash in it. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you have hard water? I’ve used a couple gallons of Optimum Car Wash over the years and never experienced anything like what you have. Maybe you could add a couple ounces of rinseless wash to your wash bucket to act as a water softener and see if that helps any.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

3. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah in WA where i live it worked great. Still finishing my 32oz bottle off. I get lots of foam but again as said don’t feel its important.

I agree with previous post about water type around country.

Probably give HW a try next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good, honest review. I feel like you certainly gave this shampoo a fighting chance. Using 3oz. of any shampoo should mean you have suds up to your knees! Typically.

Not sure how soft your water is but I have found that some soaps I grew up with and loved, like Meg's D110 Hyperwash, lack suds later in life. What changed? My water source. Living at my parents, who have insanely soft water, nearly any and every automotive shampoo made great suds. Moving to the city and not having a water softener really did hurt the performance of many soaps. I remember that first wash with hard water after moving out, I was heartbroken! Occasionally I will house-sit for them and wash my car there.... the suds always make me miss having that water for every single wash.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried optimum car wash for first time this summer (have been using optimum no rinse for many years and use the line in general). It is pretty sudsy. Use it per label for car wash (dialed it a little back 2nd time I used since seemed almost like overkill). Also use in sunjoe foam cannon at 2oz for 32oz bottle and it is pretty thick foam, also not even dialed to max of most soap/foam. (1.5oz in foam cannon is slightly runny but still decent foam).

That being said I would guess it is the water source (hard water even kills suds for soap you use to shower or facial soap, where you have to use much more). Because I have seen video reviews of comparing using this in foam canon and other soaps. The reviewer had used 3oz in a foam canon and it looked similar to what 1.5oz looked like for me and definitely nowhere close to what 2oz looks like. Couldnt imagine using it at 3oz (or really any need to, a waste if anything).
    2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD Black Sapphire Metallic; Modded

9. Likes CleanIT, Desertnate liked this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011