autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Car Wash - Review

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    No
    Only reason I ask is I have no problem with SUDS.

3 1/2 gallon bucket with 1.5oz OCW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Only reason I ask is I have no problem with SUDS.

3 1/2 gallon bucket with 1.5oz OCW

Yea, I got suds initially too... The question is are they sustainable.

I see a bottle of Blackfire Foam Booster in the background. Use it?

Post Thanks / Like

No that was for foam cannon. Was gonna try in bucket but forgot. Seen you do it and never thought bout using it in bucket. It does wonder for thinner foam cannon soaps like griots surface wash.

TBH never thought about suds in bucket till this thread. Couldn’t even remember if OCW foamed up at all. I use to just use cheapest car soap available OTC till last year when I got onto AG. Just thought soap was soap. Foam no foam reason I like OCW is it just glides over my paint. I wanna try hyper wash but no 32oz. With dulution being about almost half. Not much more price wise to just use reset but probably go that route.

Post Thanks / Like

Also sustainability. Washed car first then dumped in bucket to do rims (wipe down with Ech20 mix after so not worry to much bout splashing). The suds are gone from bucket at this point as I try to scoop up to use on paint. Suds on car from beginning to end about same. I say compared to other soaps I’ve used soap is in mid tier lasting foam.... one of my top choices for lubricity. Wonder if LSP makes a difference?

Post Thanks / Like

I've used this product several times now and I find it to be just average at best. I can't say whether it cleans any better or worse than any other shampoo. Hyper-Wash remains my favorite. I'm going to be using GG RW this winter. I want to try their regular car soap. I rarely see it at the store. They mostly carry the Brilliant Finish, which I've used in the past and the new Ceramic Wash and Coat.

6. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2yrs. later this same bottle still sits on my shelf collecting dust. I can’t even bring myself to use it in my wheel bucket. I’m sure there’s a reason but I can’t think of it right now…

Actually I remember now, it’s because I somehow think it’ll weaken my tire cleaner if I have my wheel brushes sitting in the suds. I probably overthink it, but that’s just how I feel about this soap. Lol.

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at my gallon of OCW and it's completely opaque... seems like a completely different formula.

Truth be told the suds diminish with mine over a bit of time while I'm using it but I like that. I always thought you didn't need a lot of suds and fluff?
    Not unless you were using a foam gun?
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I just looked at my gallon of OCW and it's completely opaque... seems like a completely different formula.

Truth be told the suds diminish with mine over a bit of time while I'm using it but I like that. I always thought you didn't need a lot of suds and fluff?
    Not unless you were using a foam gun?
    Suds are more for visual effect than anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

On my own, I've only done rinseless or "hybrid" washes.

But at the work, they like the foam show. So I obliged. The were using Adams Mega Foam when I started and I learned that I do not like suds. Because I was doing rinseless I could see everything, and never had to go back and get a missed spot.

With the traditional wash, I was missing a lot of things.

We now use Meguiar's Hyper Wash for basic prep washes and CarPro Reset for maintenance washes. I may pick up a bottle of Optimum Car Wash for the low sussing attributes for the once in a blue moon I do a traditional wash at my shop. CarPro Reset will be on my next order too. That stuff is incredible I was blown away with how concentrated, effective and easy it is to work with.

13. Likes CleanIT, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    2yrs. later this same bottle still sits on my shelf collecting dust. I can’t even bring myself to use it in my wheel bucket. I’m sure there’s a reason but I can’t think of it right now…

Actually I remember now, it’s because I somehow think it’ll weaken my tire cleaner if I have my wheel brushes sitting in the suds. I probably overthink it, but that’s just how I feel about this soap. Lol.
    You should try putting an ounce in a blender filled halfway with distilled water. After mixing, dump it in a bucket and add water w/ spray nozzle.

I haven't tried it. But I have a commercial mixer that the manufacture suggests cleaning by mixing dish detergent in with water. Makes the best dishwashing liquid I've ever use

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast