autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Car Wash - Review

For me, it's not about the suds...it's the ease of rinse. I don't want something that is very difficult to rinse off the car. That foam booster will take forever to rinse off...plus it's nearly impossible to rinse it out of the bucket when your finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    For me, it's not about the suds...it's the ease of rinse. I don't want something that is very difficult to rinse off the car. That foam booster will take forever to rinse off...plus it's nearly impossible to rinse it out of the bucket when your finished.
    Sounds promising... I once tried rinsing out an empty small bottle of Carpro Reset because I wanted to reuse the bottle but gave up after about 5 tries because it seemed like the foam was never going to end.

What are some soaps that you guys would consider to be hard to rinse? I’ve never experienced a soap that I’d deem hard to rinse. Even way back 20+ yrs. ago I don’t recall dish soap being hard to rinse off. Also, does using a power washer play a factor in regards to a soaps ease of rinsing?

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Car Wash - Review

Interesting observation: The Blackfire Foam Booster doesn’t stay mixed with the soap inside the bottle.. After being left to sit for a day you can see the Foam Booster has settled at the bottom of the bottle.

After turning the bottle upside down, back and forth many times it’s now properly mixed with the rest of the soap.

20min. later: It’s still mixed in with the soap...

But you can see it’s already starting to separate to the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

More than likely need a certain % of water to make the foam booster miscible. Just give it a good shake and add immediately to your wash bucket. The two solutions are not miscible as is
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    More than likely need a certain % of water to make the foam booster miscible. Just give it a good shake and add immediately to your wash bucket. The two solutions are not miscible as is
    I’m guessing that’s a necessary thing in order for it to not foam up inside the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Ok I did the 1st bucket wash this morning since adding the 2oz. of Blackfire Foam Booster to the 32oz. bottle of Optimum Car Wash.

Here’s the bottle ready to go.

12 mitts in the bucket, and I add water 1st just like I always do.

Add water till I get about 70% full.

Then I add the soap in the corner. Always try to add it to the water and not on the mitts. Btw the dilution ratio on this soap is a bit oddball and therefore annoying and hard to pinpoint when adding/pouring straight from the bottle... I mean who the heck adds soap by the half oz? I might be nitpicking, but who can eyeball in .5oz. increments? I probably added more than recommended, because my brain is wired to pouring full ounces at a time...

There does appear to be an increase in foam.

I put the lid on the bucket and proceed to quikly clean my wheels & tires.. Then I give the bucket a quik spray and begin washing with the mitts.

The Blackfire Foam Booster has made a dramatic difference giving this Optimum Car Wash respectable foam but even more impressive is the added lubricity it’s given it. The increased slickness is very noticeable!

Rinses clean just like every car soap I’ve even used... And doesn’t affect post wash beading at all.

So there you have it. Blackfire Foam Booster. More than just suds... The added lubricity worth mentioning.

7. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, VitreousHumor, dlc95, SWETM, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost seems to kind of defeat the purpose if you have to purchase a separate product to use in conjunction with a car soap to get it to do what you want it to do in the first place.

9. Likes Rsurfer, pwoptima liked this post
    Kappy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Then I add the soap in the corner. Always try to add it to the water and not on the mitts. Btw the dilution ratio on this soap is a bit oddball and therefore annoying and hard to pinpoint when adding/pouring straight from the bottle... I mean who the heck adds soap by the half oz? I might be nitpicking, but who can eyeball in .5oz. increments? I probably added more than recommended, because my brain is wired to pouring full ounces at a time...
    You could use the cap on the bottle for measuring. It's equal to .5 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

What’s funny is I agree with the suds issue. What impressed me was the lubricity. Have to try it with the foam booster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I mean who the heck adds soap by the half oz? I might be nitpicking, but who can eyeball in .5oz. increments? I probably added more than recommended, because my brain is wired to pouring full ounces at a time...
    I’ve just used small measuring cups for awhile now for stuff like car soap.

I think mike Phillips has an article somewhere where he talks about making the simple and mundane things as easy and repeatable as possible. I read that years ago, and I think he just marked a red solo cup with a line for whatever measurement he needed.

Think I grabbed my cap off an old bottle of NyQuil, and it’s been handy to have around ever sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast