autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel Review

This is a review of the Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel. This product was sent to me by PBMG for testing and review. The product was used to clean the Goodyear Duratrac tires on my 2012 Jeep Sahara.

Product Description:

Pinnacle Black Label Gel Tire Cleaner is a revolutionary tire cleaner that maximizes the amount of time the product lasts on your tire’s surface, extending the cleaning potential dramatically! Thanks to the thick, viscous consistency of Pinnacle Black Label Gel Tire Cleaner, it won’t simply run off like most other tire cleaners. Instead, Pinnacle Black Label Gel Tire Cleaner clings to the surface to ensure that the cleaner agents are given as much time as possible to eliminate the dirt, dust, grime, and mud from your tire’s surface! Because Pinnacle Black Label Gel Tire Cleaner was formulated without the use of petroleum distillates, you can rest assured that it won’t tarnish the look of your tires. In fact, Pinnacle Black Label Gel Tire Cleaner will rejuvenate and refresh the look of your tires, restoring them back to their natural beauty!

Cost: 8 ounces for $24.99

Application:

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel is a solution with a thick consistency that causes it to cling to the tires and is not really a "gel". The directions state to spray liberally to the tires and allow to dwell for 30-40 seconds. Agitate with a stiff brush and rinse clean.

I liberally applied Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel to my tires, waited approximately one minute, and scrubbed with a Tuff Shine type tire brush. I used approximately 4 ounces (half bottle) to clean 4 tires on the Jeep. Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel produces a significant amount of foam and I could see that it was breaking down the grime and crud on the tires very well. I only use water based tire dressings so the accumulated dirt on the tire was just typical road grime. The product rinsed clean and did a great job of cleaning the tire with very little effort.

Consistency of Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel

After approximately one minute and scrubbing

Nice clean tire

Thoughts and Observations:

Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel is an excellent product and did a fantastic job of cleaning my tires. I like that the product clings to the tire surface well and did a great job of breaking down dirt. The only major issue that I see with the product is the price point and the size that the product is offered. I used a significant amount of the product on my tires. They are larger off road type tires and I used almost half the 8 ounce bottle to clean my tires on one application. I feel that product would need to be offered in much larger sizes to be economical. An offering in a 32 ounce or gallon size would be optimal.

The price point of Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel is also extremely high compared to other tire cleaner products on the market. There are many different types of economical degreasers that can be diluted at various ratios. This product would NOT be suited for a professional detailer who would need a significant amount of product for many vehicles. At 8 ounces for $25.00 it would get rather expensive.

I love some of the sprayers on the other Pinnacle Black Label products. They fit in your ergonomically in your hand, spray well, and have a nice locking mechanism to prevent the release of product. However I found the small bottle and the way the bottle fit in my hand with the sprayer difficult when trying to move around and cover the entire tire surface. If the product was offered in a larger size a larger type sprayer would allow for a great distribution of the product onto the tire surface.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241, The Guz, swexlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel Review

Nice review Pat. Short, sweet, and to the point.

On the performance aspect of the product it looks like it performed admirably well. On the cost end of the product it belongs in the boutique end of tire cleaning products. One thats not going to be used on a daily basis.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Tire Cleaning Gel Review

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Nice review Pat. Short, sweet, and to the point.

On the performance aspect of the product it looks like it performed admirably well. On the cost end of the product it belongs in the boutique end of tire cleaning products. One thats not going to be used on a daily basis.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Mike. Definitely a boutique product and not something a professional detailer would reach for on a daily basis.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing