autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Any hardening on the bottle??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Great review! So you said it can be used as a topper for an already coated vehicle with say, CQUK 2.0 or 3.0? Is there a mean time between applying this as a topper or just go for it at any time?

I’m also surprised with the percentage of TIo2 / SIo2 that 6 months is the published longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I don't like these products, To many water spots if you don't stay on top of it. Coatings and their self cleaning effect and long lasting durability are good in theory for people who don't want to do much maintenance except for that Achilles heel called water spots.

I understand detail guys like the coatings on their cars but come on. We are topping every week or every other week aren't we?

I'm trying cosmic glass coat on my next detail but I'll be topping it. The best thing you can do to avoid water spots on a coating ironically is to top it with carnauba wax so we come full circle.

I like those 2 face towels

Edit: Awesome review guz! Nice job as usual.
    So in the “what have you done detailing related lately”, I have 2013 Honda Fit which is in AZ, outside 100% of the time. I just did a wash & reload.

Our rain is a very hard water mix of, copper, zinc, and every other mineral that is in the Arizona earth and gets sucked-up during a monsoon.

Then there is a propensity for the next mornings sun to come up and dry the car for you and install all the spots in the world.

I have found with regular maintenance, just a wash and blow dry that I have not experienced water spots… I found that if there are a few CarPro Spotless dispatches then easily during the wash cycle.

I did experience spots at first with an older version of CQ....

I have found with regular maintenance, just a wash and blow dry that I have not experienced water spots… 3.0 seems to have solved that issue.

Anyway, that’s my personal experience, thus for me, I hold this to be true.

4. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied 2 coats to my truck Saturday. It was really humid and about 80 degrees. It was pretty tough to remove. Sunday morning I sprayed a small section with DI water. The beading was pretty impressive. One question I have is should I wait 7 days before the first wash? I did top it with reload Sunday afternoon. We got some rain today so there is some road film on it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Any hardening on the bottle??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    It hardened the applicator so it has enough solids to do so.

I cleaned the bottle so I didn’t notice any hardening on the bottle or bottle cap.

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Great review! So you said it can be used as a topper for an already coated vehicle with say, CQUK 2.0 or 3.0? Is there a mean time between applying this as a topper or just go for it at any time?

I’m also surprised with the percentage of TIo2 / SIo2 that 6 months is the published longevity.

You can use this to refresh the coating down the road if so desired. Typical wash and decon prior to applying it.

The box says 6+ months. Even CarPro mentioned it lasting longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dg150 View Post
    I applied 2 coats to my truck Saturday. It was really humid and about 80 degrees. It was pretty tough to remove. Sunday morning I sprayed a small section with DI water. The beading was pretty impressive. One question I have is should I wait 7 days before the first wash? I did top it with reload Sunday afternoon. We got some rain today so there is some road film on it now.
    Give it a week to fully cure. The road film won’t harm the coating. You also have Reload protecting the coating.

7. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Likes Cruzscarwash liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this detailed review. I picked up some today during the 20% sale to coat the rest of the fleet (wife's car + daily) with something that is a bit less intensive than what the 911 got (2 coats of 3.0UK, 2 coats of Gliss V2). This should fit the bill. I have been happy with the Carpro suite of products and am looking forward to trying this one out as well.

9. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Figured I would add it to another section of my daily. I had been running a side by side comparison test with Gliss V1 and V2 but I set that aside. V2 was already performing better one month in.

Out came Essence on a Rupes yellow followed by a wipedown with Eraser and only 1 coat of CQ Lite. I did this outside in the shade and then baked it in the sun for a few hours. I did add Reload just in case we have some morning dew.

11. Likes Maxreed241, Cruzscarwash, SWETM, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Figured I would add it to another section of my daily. I had been running a side by side comparison test with Gliss V1 and V2 but I set that aside. V2 was already performing better one month in.

Out came Essence on a Rupes yellow followed by a wipedown with Eraser and only 1 coat of CQ Lite. I did this outside in the shade and then baked it in the sun for a few hours. I did add Reload just in case we have some morning dew.

Would be a good comparison with the Gyeon Primer Polish and CanCoat you have done before. Will be interesting to see how your experience is with it.

So far have you noticed any difference between them in application and looks and feel? Before you added the Reload.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Would be a good comparison with the Gyeon Primer Polish and CanCoat you have done before. Will be interesting to see how your experience is with it.

So far have you noticed any difference between them in application and looks and feel? Before you added the Reload.
    I’m running out of panels on this car to test out different combos lol.

Hard to tell on silver but it looks the same as the roof in terms of gloss. It also feels the same and it applied the same over Essence.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Review - thinking about picking some up and this helped!

15. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast