autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review-Pinnacle Black Label Polish

Hello all, this will be a quik review of the new Pinnacle Black Label Polish.

Pinnacle Black Label Polish - 8 oz.

My initial test subject was this 2019 black Toyota Highlander.

It may be new with less than 6,000 miles on the odometer, but it showed up looking like this.

Luckily those aren’t crows feet.Review-Pinnacle Black Label  Polish

I gave it a rinseless wash with McKee’s N-914 and the BRS and followed that up with a quik decontamination using a Nanoskin Speedy Prep Towel.

This is what the paint looked like once that was all done and it was ready for polishing.

I had initially planned to test both the compound and the polish on this hood, however the measurements from the paint gauge/meter were dramatically lower on the hood compared to the rest of the panels, so I chose to take it easy since this was mainly being done for the sake of this review and this is my neighbors new vehicle. So lets check out the polish!

Directions say to apply a nickel sized dot of product onto the pad... I have a hard time breaking old habits, so this is my idea of a nickel. Lol.

5” backing plate being used here.

1st thing I noticed is that there was absolutely zero splatter, this polish feels sharp in the way that it stays where you place your pad down and that also leads to another feature that you can’t help but notice and that is that it sort of feels like using less plays well with this polish.

Working time is A+
    Scent was nearly non existent to my nose.
    I experienced zero dusting.

For buffing off the polish I used a Meguiars Ultimate Wipe.

Notice how the polish has nearly disappeared creating an extremely neat user experience. This is prior to wiping the polish off. This results in the neatest wipe off of a polish that I can think of. It’s like wiping off a fully hazed liquid sealant in the best of conditions. Extremely neat, almost feels surgical wiping this polish off. I give it an A+ in that category.

These are the results after just 1 normal buffing cycle.

Before.

Did it knock out all the swirls? Not quite, but this is a polish not compound and considering the the swirls were somewhat moderate I wasn’t surprised.

For the right side of the hood I wanted to match it up with another polish in order to get a true comparo and hopefully figure out if and why 1 would be deemed superior over the other.

The opponent for this battle will be Griots Boss Perfecting Cream.

Started off the same way... Except this time the 1st thing that happened was a little bit of splatter, which compared to the Pinnacle sort of caught me by surprise. I was able to get good coverage of course, but in this case it was due to the somewhat greasy consistency of this polish which can be seen as a good thing in some cases but sometimes not so good...

I quickly found out why it can sometimes be not so good when it came time to wipe it off. Completely night & day compared to the Black Label Polish. The Perfecting Cream sort of feels like wiping off margarine.. It’s a much slower process as your towel wants to stick to the panel and you have to really focus in order to do it right. This was by far the biggest difference between the 2.

Final results were similar, but I couldn’t help but get the feeling there’s a tad bit of extra hiding going on here due to what feels like a heavy dose of polishing oils left behind from the Perfecting Cream.

Here’s a before shot of the far left side of the hood. I separated the hood into 4 sections meaning I did 2 buffing cycles for each side..

After Pinnacle Black Label Polish.

Final thoughts: Based on the superior user experience provided by the Pinnacle Black Label Polish + the great results its provided on the couple of times I’ve used it so far I’d rate it near or at the top as far as finishing polishes go. IMO It lives up to its claims. It gets an A+ from me.

Thanks for reading.Review-Pinnacle Black Label  Polish

2. Thanks Diner, Jim w, Rmd thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review-Pinnacle Black Label Polish

...And for anyone who’s curious, the pads clean up with ease. Plain water and all this comes right off leaving you with a clean pad.

4. Likes PaulMys, DETAILROOKIE, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review-Pinnacle Black Label Polish

Thanks! The last pic before the hood shot, is that micro marring or residual polishing oils that are reflecting off each side of the light? It’s got to be one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What pad(s) did you use, Ric?

Also, in your opinion, would Griot's Correcting Cream (or the PBL equivalent) have knocked all of those swirls out?

Nice review, btw......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eldo. Great review. It’s nice to see some real life experiences with it so soon after release.

I’ll be interested if/when you get to try the compound.

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn’t seem like it’s worth $35 for only 8oz to me. I have a few polishes that wipe off easily also.

Nice review and thank you for “taking one for the team” and purchasing this product!
    Jim

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review!

If they consider lowering the price, I’ll consider getting it to have on hand. I like how cleanly it wipes off.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

14. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Doesn’t seem like it’s worth $35 for only 8oz to me. I have a few polishes that wipe off easily also.

Nice review and thank you for “taking one for the team” and purchasing this product!

I'm pretty sure I saw a post where he he said received it free in exchange for a review, but maybe I'm wrong.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

I'm pretty sure I saw a post where he he said received it free in exchange for a review, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I'm on the fence with this. Someone asked Ric if he bought the PBL, or was given it for the review, and his answer was "Yes". Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

18. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast