autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve tried Beadmaker...

Ok so I’ve now gone through 32oz. of Beadmaker and have used it on 4 separate vehicles which I believe is enough of a sample size to be able to form a real opinion/short review on a product... Here it is.

My initial thoughts where that Beadmaker could maybe replace Megs D156 Synthetic Spray Wax on my shelf as it should be able to do pretty much the same duties more or less... My 1st time using Beadmaker came on my brothers new Ford F150. I figured this would be the perfect test subject because it’s new and it’s black. After a bucket wash with Megs Hyper Wash I applied Beadmaker somewhat heavy and used a small Griots PFM to wipe it on/off.

Here’s a picture of the front door after wiping in Beadmaker, back door without. [don’t expect to see much from this pic]

So my 1st impressions... This stuff smells good. It’s different. It sort of smells like cheap perfume but it’s a new scent and my nose welcomed the change.To this point the scent remains as the #1 thing that comes to mind in regards to Beadmaker. However the scent isn’t exactly mind blowing, don’t get me wrong, because I did have to eventually rid my towel from the inside the house as like most products the scent can become overpowering.

As far as slickness? Ehh yea I guess it’s slick but nothing mind blowing like I was expecting. I mean after seeing the hype I was seriously expecting something way above and beyond and it just wasn’t quite there.

Here’s the truck after Beadmaker.

Here’s the truck 4-5 hrs. later.

That’s not “flake” in the paint, that’s dust/pollen.

Here I wiped a square section clean with my hand.

Wiped a line clean with my finger.

That was my 1st time using it and I wasn’t ready to declare it as a dust magnet, but the paint was rather dusty after 4-5hrs. No biggie I guess.

Here’s a few pics and info I’ve gathered from using it on my Cadillac. Now just to refresh: I used HD Speed as a standalone a couple of weeks ago and I showed pics of the beading, or lack there of after 7 days shown here.

So from that point^ I applied Beadmaker for the 1st time, along with a 2nd time about 5 days later after a waterless wash with WG Uber, and 2 days ago when I went to rinse my car before a bucket wash this is what the water behavior looked like.

Not bad at all. Not on the level of a dedicated layer of protection, but it was beading which is a welcome sight to see... certainly blew away HD Speeds 7 day results.

Here’s the water behavior on the roof. Not quite as strong but it’s there...

Side note: Notice how the glass is beading, that’s because IME glass Always beads, same way wheels Always bead to some degree without ever having to do anything to it. The glass is actually beading stronger than the paint and my glass gets cleaned with Megs D120 everytime.

Now here’s what the post wash rinse looked like. [Hyper Wash]
    Notice how much of the beading is diminished.

I’ll have to do more tests, but on this occasion it was definitely diminished after a regular bucket wash... I used Beadmaker as a drying aid making it the 3rd application on my Cadillac.

After shot.

Here’s my thoughts so far:
    I honestly haven’t seen even a slight difference in gloss after using the Beadmaker. I can pretty much bet I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a just wiped section and a non wiped section on any paint.

The scent is pretty good.

The slickness is good, but don’t expect anything never before seen...

Will or can this replace D156 on my shelf? It has a chance.
    Pros: Price, it’s not bad by any means.

Cons: I’m not exactly sure it can duplicate what D156 does as a final product on exterior glass because that’s the 1st thing that comes to mind that’s hard to match in regards to D156. Plus my initial tests show that Beadmakers longevity isn’t on par with D156.

Beadmaker is cool, but for all the hype you’d think these people would’ve tried other products out there and had been there done that.

Thanks for reading.

2. Thanks Mayassa, Diner, fly07sti, RamAirV1, 392hemi and 2 others thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’ve tried Beadmaker...

Do you have an opinion about Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax or Mothers CMX? Have you tried either of these products?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a great honest review. I have put it on my truck three times after each wash not the slickness I was expecting, even after waiting the 8 hours. I picked up a gallon thinking it would be better, I’m filling bottles to give to my family they can use it as a drying aid. It was just a bunch of hype, the beading was not great maybe just ok.

5. Thanks Eldorado2k, luckydawg thanked for this post
    Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Do you have an opinion about Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax or Mothers CMX? Have you tried either of these products?

I have tried Megs it’s better

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t tried them yet. Based on the reviews I’m interested in checking out the Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax, but if it was time to re up I might still choose a gallon of D156 over trying a 22oz. bottle of it simply because of my own necessity for the product. [I probably wouldn’t use it on my own paint, but rather use it on customers vehicles which is why a gallon makes more sense for me]

Post Thanks / Like

I should revisit D156. I have yet try D156 on my Ram. The last product applied is Meguiars 3in1

Post Thanks / Like

I should revisit D156. I have yet try D156 on my Ram. The last product applied is Meguiars 3in1

IMO D156 feels more robust than Beadmaker. The longevity shows it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Spring has sprung here in the Northwest. Keeping either vehicle clean is not easily achieved. I believe a half gallon of D156 remains. Better get back on the D156bandwagon

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! Looks like I can stick with Aquawax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Here’s my thoughts so far:
    I honestly haven’t seen even a slight difference in gloss after using the Beadmaker. I can pretty much bet I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a just wiped section and a non wiped section on any paint.

The scent is pretty good.

The slickness is good, but don’t expect anything never before seen...

Beadmaker is cool, but for all the hype you’d think these people would’ve tried other products out there and had been there done that.

Thanks for reading.
    Pretty much the impression I had after using it. Fun, easy to use and cost-effective but functionally a bit over-hyped.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast