autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro Tire Swipe Applicators

Thank you Avi for sending this product for review.

Products:

CarPro Tire Swipe Applicators

Cost:

$19.99 for 8 applicators

Product description from Autogeek

The CarPro Tire Swipe Applicator was designed to make applying a tire dressing to you tires as easy and efficient as possible. There are so many different types on tires and wheels out there that it can be difficult to find an applicator that is able work effectively on all of them. It is for this very reason that the Car Pro Tire Swipe Applicator was designed with a unique asymmetrical radius that allowsyou to apply a tire dressing or gel to the outer edge of your tire without covering your rims in the stuff!

You will experience a noticeable increase in durability when you compare the Car Pro Tire Swipe Applicator to other tire dressing applicators that are on the market today. The CarPro Tire Swipe Applicator was designed with a tough steady grip handle, so it can stand up to repeated use and abuse!

The CarPro Tire Swipe Applicator is made with a much denser foam that keeps more of the dressing or gel on the surface of the tire. This means that your tires are able to absorb more of your dressing and you will receive better results from your chosen tire protection! Whether you want your tires to be matte black or high shine, the Car Pro Tire Swipe Applicator will make sure you get the best finish your tires have to offer!

CarPro released this applicator in 2018.

The description is pretty straight forward with this tire applicator. It has a firm foam handle to prevent any tire dressing or protectant from getting on ones hands. The handle has the new CarPro logo imprinted on it for added aesthetics.

The foam applicator is cut to the shape of a tire to avoid from any tire product from getting onto the wheel.

The applicator applied the tire dressing evenly without any streaking. CarPro Perl at 1:1 was used in this particular case.

One thing to be aware of is that this applicator struggles on the raised areas such as getting tire dressing into the upper portion of the tire as seen in the photo.

The other thing is the applicator tends to apply product towards the center of the applicator and on the outer edge of the applicator. So the tire product will need to be worked in evenly.

For smoother tires they have no issues.

Overall these tire applicators work well and the best part no tire product all over the hands.

One thing I would recommend is to label the applicator with whatever tire product it is used with. It will become your dedicated tire applicator for that particular product.

Thanks for reading.

2. Thanks Diner, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    Dislikes gripaddict disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro Tire Swipe Applicators

They look like the ones the Dollar store used to sell years back. You can cut them in half to fit low profile tires. After a while sitting in my bin the glue failed on them and had to re glue to foam backing on them. It was a pain. Hopefully these are better made
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Look good for smooth tires but will not work on my truck tires. I have to use a brush to get in all the crevices.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a logical redesign. I had bought some tire swipes from the dollar store too that had a similar shape. However, the foam was flimsy including the handle part and the glue holding the 2 foam pieces together failed the first time you tried to clean it. What are the Eagle One tire swipes at the stores? Like 2 for $3? So these are priced about the same.

Post Thanks / Like

How effective is the curved shape in working with different profile tires? I would be afraid it would only work with a narrow margin of aspect ratios. Bigger truck tires would be too wide and low profile tires too small. As it is now, I rotate my applicator 90 degrees from what they should be when working on performance tires.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    As it is now, I rotate my applicator 90 degrees from what they should be when working on performance tires.
    I do the same. Sometimes you just have to squeeze and contort the applicator to fit different sidewalls. Lately I've liked applying Perl with a round microfiber applicator that can conform to fit various sidewall sizes and terrain.

Post Thanks / Like

I find this type shreeds from the ridges on my tires. Dont last very long. Unfortunately I've yet to find an applicator I like.
    2011 Nissan Frontier SV Brilliant Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried several different tire product applicators and the best luck I have had is using the Eldorado2K method, ie. applying the product with a flagged tip brush.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Frontier View Post
    I find this type shreeds from the ridges on my tires. Dont last very long. Unfortunately I've yet to find an applicator I like.
    These have held up well so far. The original I used in this original post shows no sign of shredding.

11. Likes Ebg18t liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those look like the perfect shape for many of us with 35-60 series tires.