autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's HCW update

I've had the HCW on the car about 2 weeks now, with the 2nd application on for about 4 days. My observations so far:
    For the first few days, the HCW is a dust MAGNET. After about the third day, the dust just seems to "fall off" and is gone. There was also some light smearing from the 2nd application that lasted about 2 days and then it was gone.

This morning it's raining lightly, but it's too dark to see the beading, hopefully it will rain harder later today so I can see how well it beads up under rain water ... I would say that I hope for heavier rain so I can see the self-cleaning, but since the all of that dust seems to have fallen off on its own ...
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Thanks BillE, pdl2mtl90 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's HCW update

Here is the 4th application of HCW. This last time, I used a wet mf wax applicator and a single spritz of HCW per panel. Going one panel at a time, I applied the HCW, then immediately buffed it off with a clean dry microfiber cloth. Once complete, I took a fresh microfiber and gave the finish a final wipe.

The whole process about 20 minutes (I washed the car last night & it sat in the garage until I pulled it out to apply the HCW). I'm really starting to like this stuff, it seems like the car gets slicker and darker with every application.

Forgive the haziness of the pic, my phone's camera has been acting up lately.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

4. Thanks BillE thanked for this post
    Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this product has been given pretty mixed reviews. I’m not sure why though, the people giving it a fair crack seem to be getting great results. Then there’s the other people who are “detailing literate” being what seems to be purposely obtuse in the application to be giving an honest review(hopefully that makes sense). Regardless I will be picking up a bottle myself, but really I’ve so many products to try and not enough cars!

Thanks for taking the time to give your personal account of HCW. As always Camaro is looking GOOD!!

edited for spelling errors
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

6. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    I feel like this product has been given pretty mixed reviews. I’m not sure why though, the people giving it a fair crack seem to be getting great results. Then there’s the other people who are “detailing literate” being what seems to be purposely obtuse in the application to be giving an honest review(hopefully that makes sense). Regardless I will be picking up a bottle myself, but really I’ve so many products to try and not enough cars!

Thanks for taking the time to give your personal account of HCW. As always Camaro is looking GOOD!!

edited for spelling errors
    I agree with you and I'm a perfect example I'm documented on my initial review hating it because the bottle was leaking all over the place(somehow it corrected as the product went down in the bottle) but I changed my tune with the results so much so I posted a video here on it. My first wash after applying it ,Mr pink in the foam cannon would not cling to my paint for even two seconds. I just finished my bottle and I will buy again

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Want to make a clarification, I’m talking about some youtubers, nobody here specifically has seemed to bash this product in any way.

RThomas78 I do remember reading a handful of people on the forums having that issue with the sprayers leaking/running. Glad you’re having good results with the product. Any chance you could post the video here so I can quickly find it?

Don M sorry for the thread hijack!!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

9. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Want to make a clarification, I’m talking about some youtubers, nobody here specifically has seemed to bash this product in any way.

RThomas78 I do remember reading a handful of people on the forums having that issue with the sprayers leaking/running. Glad you’re having good results with the product. Any chance you could post the video here so I can quickly find it?

Don M sorry for the thread hijack!!

No worries about the hijack. I posted hoping for discussion about HCW, so anything is fine with me.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad some people are liking it but for me I'll be using it on my wheels and a coat will probably find it's way to my wife's new Eclipse Cross, a true test for this product...whatever it isMeguiar's HCW update

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Sure like I said before I'm still learning on this YouTube thing but here it is
    YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

This is the method I'm using to apply HCW. I don't know that I will ever "spray & rinse," it seems wasteful and this method is extremely easy ... even in cooler weather.

YouTube
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

I ended my bottle with about 2-3 ounces left...not enough to do a car so I added it to a bottle of speed shine that had about 12oz in it...I haven't used it yet but will report back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast