autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMMO NYC Users

Post Thanks / Like

Question AMMO NYC Users

Did my due diligence and found little here on Ammo NYC Products - so thought I'd post a Thread. Seeking some feedback from those who've used these Car Care Products from Larry Kosilla. Based on what I've seen in his videos, this guy sure knows his way around vehicles. Even shot him an email which he replied within an hour - always considered those who personally respond to Customer Inquiries same day to have good character, since Customer Service is more than 50% of the big picture in my opinion. So far I'm pretty impressed and intend to purchase his 3 Kits for Exterior, Interior, and Wheels

Have read that his "Hoseless Lift Kit" cleans much like ONR, but is obviously applied using a different technique (his Aerator) which comes with said kit. Always looking to try high quality products to maintain this 2017 Lexus RCF of mine. I "Ass-u-me" this is all "PPF and Ceramic Coating Safe" - correct? Hate to apply anything that isn't friendly to the Professionally applied Suntek Ultra and CQuartz to entire vehicle. Everything I've read online in many other Forums has been positive, so I thought I'd just reach out to my Fellow Members here for their POV. If you use any of his gear, I'd seriously like to know your overall opinion of it. Yes - they are priced above the average cost of other quality products. But then again, so it my RCF...

Many thanks & Semper Fidelis -

Gunny

*Links removed. I'm sure people can figure out who I'm referring to, right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AMMO NYC Users-poster-jpg   AMMO NYC Users-front-jpg   AMMO NYC Users-parking-lot-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMMO NYC Users

I have been using frothe since it was released and have nothing but great results. My personal gto is coated in igl Kenzo and no ill effects. I use frothe followed by igl enhancer or premier. Also no issues on ppf
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

3. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh...I think you'd better delete those links and post this thread over on Autopia (also without the links) or you may get in trouble with the mgmt.

5. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Uh oh...I think you'd better delete those links and post this thread over on Autopia (also without the links) or you may get in trouble with the mgmt.
    DONE. Not a Member on Autopia.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gunny Fitz, first off your RCF is beautiful, that blue is seriously perfect! The fact you couldn’t find much info on here about AMMO NYC is no surprise. It’s generally frowned upon and against forum rules to talk of products not sold at AUTOGEEK.

I’ve noticed more recently this seems to have been given a pass so long as links aren’t posted and a few members have spoken highly of the FROTHE/AERATOR combo. Try searching on the sister forum AUTOPIA, you won’t need an account to use the search function and might have more luck!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

8. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ammo has been discussed on Autopia. You might find even more users there.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

10. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Rcf

Thanks guys. I tried searching Autopia and you DO need an account for Search Engine. Not worries. Im picking up each one of those kits regardless to test and eval since he's cutting me a huge break. I've used AutoGeek for my gear for many, many years and gained a lot of insight on both products and methods. However, for the life of me I cannot conceive why "other" products cant even be discussed if not sold here. Heck, there are more threads and posts here about Matt Moreman and Obsessed Garage than I can count. Definitely not a fan of him whatsoever! No wonder I see nothing but "Blackfire this, and Blackfire that" everywhere since its an AG item. Not a real fan to be honest. Oh well.

DMiglio - Many, many thanks on the RCF compliment my friend. Since I had the PPF and CC applied it REALLY brought out the Blue color bigtime! When i was forced to give up my famous Ducati lifestyle I went a year without any hobbies. When the time came to replace two wheels w four I test drove just about every sportscar under 100k to find the right one. Came minutes from snagging a new Shelby GT350 until my Lexus GM friend told me to take one of their RCFs home for a day. I didn't even know Lexus made a Naturally Aspirated V8 until then, and once I drove it to the hilt, I was bitten by its power and unbelievable comfort - pure Lexus! Found the very last 2017 "Ultrasonic Blue w/ Circuit Red" model for sale in US at Lexus of Brooklyn. Took Amtrak up from DC and drove home grinning the whole way!

Last week I hit a pothole that bent the aftermarket wheel and sliced the sidewall. Barely limped off 495 to a friends shop. Not looking too good to repair it, so out comes the Credit Card for a new wheel and tire ($$$) But at least I kept the stock wheels to get my around until such time. Thanks again for all the info gents. Guess I can't even post my personal experience w Ammo after using it eh? What a shame........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AMMO NYC Users-slice-jpg   AMMO NYC Users-rim1-jpg   AMMO NYC Users-bent2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia isn’t a half bad place to join. I was a mod there. You can freely discuss whatever product you want there.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

13. Likes Gunny Fitz, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems as most of his paint stuff is made in low of coating and one is actually a type of coating. Heard rave review about tire stuff... wheel stuff seems popular although I feel over price. 60$ wheel brush.....AMMO NYC Users. As for frothe.... nailed it! When I rinseless or waterless always feel like I need more lubricity. Frothe is like wiping of buttered shaving cream. Thing is you have to follow up with something else after initial wipe off to get rid of residue/streaking Ammo hydrate is his product. I tried Merlin’s elixir and works like a dream together. It’s more work but I feel safer. Griots speed shine worked well too. I went with IK foamer 1.5 and works well. If 2 bucket not an option I love this method an all products except frothe available on AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Frothe here too. I like it.

17. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast