autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Modesta Leather Protection System vs Gyeon Leather Shield

Some great info on these forums. We are awaiting PPF and Modesta coating to be applied to our car this week. We initially discussed applying the Modesta Leather Protection. When we dropped off the vehicle, they gave us a quote instead for Gyeon Leather Shield, saying that they just got certified for their products. Has anyone used both of these products, and have seen any advantages/ disadvantages of each? I know the Gyeon is highly rated and lower cost, but does the Modesta offer true higher abrasion resistance? I haven't found any long term reviews on the Modesta LPS, and only a few long term reviews of Gyeon. I'll talk to the detailer tomorrow, but would like to get other thoughts from those in the business

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modesta Leather Protection System vs Gyeon Leather Shield

Never heard of Modesta Coatings before so had to look them up.(What Country do you reside in?) I assume you mean using it OVER the PPF correct? Which Film are you having done? Based on the date of your Thread, Im willing to bet you have the car back already? So what did you end up having done to both Exterior and Interior Leather?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Live in Pennsylvania. We are picking up the car today. Suntek PPF gets installed first, followed with Modesta coating, and Gyeon Leather Shield for the interior. Looking forward to the rollout/reveal. ��

Post Thanks / Like

As a current Modesta installer, and previous Gyeon installer, Modesta truly helps with abrasions. A first layer is applied to preserve the leather and repel debris. A second layer is applied to high wear areas only to resist abrasions.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool PPF & Ceramic Coats

Quote Originally Posted by 2019Honda View Post
    Live in Pennsylvania. We are picking up the car today. Suntek PPF gets installed first, followed with Modesta coating, and Gyeon Leather Shield for the interior. Looking forward to the rollout/reveal. ��
    I also went with a Full Suntek Ultra, and for Ceramic Coating-CQuartz Finest Reserve done by a high end local shop. No edges whatsoever!
    Be sure they give you some Goodies to use for maintaining that CC. You cant just use any soap, or product if you want it to retain!
    *Right now Im using the gear from GTechniq for Foam Cannon Soap, Drying Aid and QD which seems to be keeping up fine.
    **Its a cool feeling seeing the car immaculately detailed and protected by some serious gearheads who know how to do things right!
    They had a Professional Photographer the night they turned it over to me which was pretty cool.
    Hope yours comes out just as nice man!

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Breese147 liked this post