autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed still a great product

I have a buddy that is in the military. I took him out surfing for the first time today. Water and air temp were both cold but the sun was finally out. We got back to the house and I saw his car, a 2000 BMW 3 series, Black. The car was a wreck. Covered in a dried out muddy camouflage. Headlights looked like they were covered in mayo. Looks like it has had multiple paint touch ups over the years. Duct tape and zip ties were holding the headlights in. It has seen better days.

I thought that that I would do him a favor and try to polish out the headlight. Used hd speed and an orange pad with my flex 3401. Headlights came out 90%. Well then I hit that slippery slope. What if I just did the hood. Then the trunk lid, then...........

ended up up doing a quick polish out tip to tail.

The paint was pretty rough. Lots of scratches and defects.

It it turned out looking pretty good. Black car, in direct sunlight. My buddy was overwhelmed. He could not have been happier. It really did look like a different car. Still had lots of scratches and defects but the black paint just popped. Much darker, deeper and richer.

HD Speed is just a really good all around product. For ease of use in direct sunlight for an all in one, it can’t be beat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD Speed still a great product-5a94abe2-628b-4cbf-bb8e-a5863735d44f-jpg   HD Speed still a great product-9d755676-7313-4929-99da-8010e8fb8306-jpg  

2. Likes VISITOR, SWETM, Diner, MadMerc, dlc95 and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed still a great product

Quote Originally Posted by lj993 View Post
    I have a buddy that is in the military. I took him out surfing for the first time today. Water and air temp were both cold but the sun was finally out. We got back to the house and I saw his car, a 2000 BMW 3 series, Black. The car was a wreck. Covered in a dried out muddy camouflage. Headlights looked like they were covered in mayo. Looks like it has had multiple paint touch ups over the years. Duct tape and zip ties were holding the headlights in. It has seen better days.

I thought that that I would do him a favor and try to polish out the headlight. Used hd speed and an orange pad with my flex 3401. Headlights came out 90%. Well then I hit that slippery slope. What if I just did the hood. Then the trunk lid, then...........

ended up up doing a quick polish out tip to tail.

The paint was pretty rough. Lots of scratches and defects.

It it turned out looking pretty good. Black car, in direct sunlight. My buddy was overwhelmed. He could not have been happier. It really did look like a different car. Still had lots of scratches and defects but the black paint just popped. Much darker, deeper and richer.

HD Speed is just a really good all around product. For ease of use in direct sunlight for an all in one, it can’t be beat.
    Well done Sir

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great job and yes, it's a great product.

Post Thanks / Like

Still has its place among the AIO's on my shelf.....can't beat the gloss and slickness it leaves

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Still has its place among the AIO's on my shelf.....can't beat the gloss and slickness it leaves
    ^^ this. I tend to top it with Colinite 476 to add some longevity to the protection. I love HDSpeed corrects so easily and removal is such a breeze.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this stuff, has anyone produced anything that come anywhere close to he speed for a comparable price?

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed still a great product

Quote Originally Posted by drabon74 View Post
    Love this stuff, has anyone produced anything that come anywhere close to he speed for a comparable price?
    IMO Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax is on par with HD Speed. I’d give the edge in slickness to HD Speed. Edge to D166 for longevity of the results.

HD Speeds immediate short term gloss is pretty remarkable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IMO Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax is on par with HD Speed. I’d give the edge in slickness to HD Speed. Edge to D166 for longevity of the results.

HD Speeds immediate short term gloss is pretty remarkable.
    Worth noting one of the differences I find is HDSpeed finishes out better on softer finishes. D166 is awesome but on Toyota/Lexus paint I've found it to be a bit micro-marring vs HDSpeed.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Worth noting one of the differences I find is HDSpeed finishes out better on softer finishes. D166 is awesome but on Toyota/Lexus paint I've found it to be a bit micro-marring vs HDSpeed.
    I found this statement to be true, for Toyota/Lexus.

When I first tried HD Speed. I wash the car the following week and most of the defect was covered up. As Eldo mention the gloss was short lived.

Post Thanks / Like

I still love and use HD Speed often.

You, sir, are one helluva friend! Nicely done.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast