autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed still a great product

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I will say that this is true for anyone relying on an AIO for stand alone protection.

However, most (if not all of us Geeks) will top any AIO. This is where I find the durability argument mute.

Speed is a little easier to wipe off, and a lot easier to clean out of your pads in my experience.
    I'd argue, if you're going to top an AIO, then there's no point is using an AIO to begin with. Just use a polish and seal with whatever you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I'd argue, if you're going to top an AIO, then there's no point is using an AIO to begin with. Just use a polish and seal with whatever you like.

XXX XXXX I love it when people talk sense.

EDITED to remove foul language. -Mike Phillips

Watch what you post WristyManchego

Here's the link to the forum rules - which by the way there is a TEXT LINK to them at the top of every page.

Forum Rules

And here's the rule you broke and multiple people REPORTED.

8. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the AutogeekOnline forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Some wise men pointed out to me once, the advantages of using a great AIO like Speed, even if you want durability and plan to top it. Something like Speed you can polish all the car and then do one wipe off at the end, rather than wiping each subsection at a time.

This alone makes me reach out for an AIO for convenience and speed purposes for some corrections, despite topping it afterwards.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drabon74 View Post
    Love this stuff, has anyone produced anything that come anywhere close to he speed for a comparable price?
    mk360?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Some wise men pointed out to me once, the advantages of using a great AIO like Speed, even if you want durability and plan to top it. Something like Speed you can polish all the car and then do one wipe off at the end, rather than wiping each subsection at a time.

This alone makes me reach out for an AIO for convenience and speed purposes for some corrections, despite topping it afterwards.
    My sisters sentra is an absolute wreck. I intend to do some correcting on it and then actually top it with speed. The thought being that the correction work would still need a polish and I'm just not sure I have the energy to do a 3 step. This way I get some correction, polish and protection.

Not sure if anyone ever does this or how it'll work out, but I'm going to try. I guess one alternative could be to do correction, polish and then a spray on sealant but idk...
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    mk360?
    Agreed, 360 would be right up there with Speed. I think Speed may correct a bit better and leave a glossier finish, but 360 is no slouch and can give much better durability as it leaves a sealant behind. I wouldn’t mind reaching for either one of these and think they may be the best I’ve tried. Might want to have a look at Blackfire One Step as well..
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

8. Likes PaulMys, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post

I'd argue, if you're going to top an AIO, then there's no point is using an AIO to begin with.

Just use a polish and seal with whatever you like.

I used to think like this and buff out cars like this, but if I'm not going to use a ceramic coating, (thus I don't have to chemically strip the paint), If BLACKFIRE One Step will clean up the paint to my satisfaction, even if using it with a foam cutting pad, I'll use it like a compound for three reasons.

1: It wipes off easier than any compound I've used. Also - it wipes off best when fully dried, unlike a compound. So with a compound I wipe off immediately after buffing. With the BOS I can buff out an entire car and leave the product on and don't remove until I'm completely done with the car. Also by leaving the BOS on I can quickly and easily see where I've buffed and where I still need to buff.

2: I can top it wit something that will provide longer durability or not.

3: If I run out of time - no problem - the paint is sealed.

I'd call it the lazy man's style. Not for everyone but an option for some.

10. Likes PaulMys, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    mk360?
    360 will give you much better durability than Speed, but not the same gloss or slickness

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    but 360 is no slouch and can give much better durability as it leaves a sealant behind. I
    i've done 2 rides and was impressed with the ease of 360 and how long the protection has lasted. I got some hd free with my bottle of One last fall and am interested to see how it compares, but your post confuses me. Doesn't speed have a sealant too?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I used to think like this and buff out cars like this, but if I'm not going to use a ceramic coating, (thus I don't have to chemically strip the paint), If BLACKFIRE One Step will clean up the paint to my satisfaction, even if using it with a foam cutting pad, I'll use it like a compound for three reasons.

1: It wipes off easier than any compound I've used. Also - it wipes off best when fully dried, unlike a compound. So with a compound I wipe off immediately after buffing. With the BOS I can buff out an entire car and leave the product on and don't remove until I'm completely done with the car. Also by leaving the BOS on I can quickly and easily see where I've buffed and where I still need to buff.

2: I can top it wit something that will provide longer durability or not.

3: If I run out of time - no problem - the paint is sealed.

I'd call it the lazy man's style. Not for everyone but an option for some.

My point was that when using an AIO, and then topping it, you're better off using a dedicated polish and a dedicated sealant, both of which are better than any AIO I know of.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast