autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers CMX vs Sonax Polymer Net Shield long term durability test

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    I mean it isn’t PNS but it’s not doing horrible. I’ve noticed the vertical panels don’t hold well with the crud. Hydro blue is gone after 4 weeks for me. I don’t expect cmx to be a coating but I think the fact it still beads means it’s working. It may not be to our level like a coating but let’s be honest here. For something designed for jo blow at the store doing this in his driveway maybe every 6 months I think they would be happy. I mean really if we didn’t know better could we tell a difference? Could 100% of folks walking up off the street? May not be all we thought itd be but I think it’s doing ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I would call this a over the counter coating lite. It did have amazing beading and hydrophobic properties on paint initially. That seems to have reduced, but it is still there and working.

I do think it is doing better than most of these other coating lites I read about like Reload and some other ceramic toppers.

I think after 60 or so days I may just apply HCW to whole car to see how it does.

My buddy had me pull a "bubba" and apply CMX to the whole black truck pictured earlier! Even the dirty parts that needed to be washed. Surprisingly it worked well and left it very glossy and really made the flake pop! He had forgotten it had flake. We used it as a rinseless wash. Freaked me out, but he asked to borrow the CMX to just do it on his own! This just really reminded me how aloof most people are or dont care. I've had friends that clean inside and outside of cars with windex, Clorox wipes, 409 and products that should be nowhere near your paint. I would never apply CMX this way or any other wax!

So I'll keep you posted how it lasts if applied like an uninformed consumer. Parked on street and often under trees.

Post Thanks / Like

Mothers CMX vs Sonax Polymer Net Shield long term durability test

Sounds like he applied that like the greatest liquid on planet earth...F11 lol

3. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes 392hemi, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he applied that like the greatest liquid on planet earth...F11 lol

Hahahahahah omg I'd heard of F11 here and there. I just went and watched videos of this horrible scam shilly claims. You know I wouldn't be surprised if this friend had heard of F11 and hence tried it that way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    My expectations were based on what Mothers marketed and it hasn't lived up to hardly any of it. My son's Jeep was my test mule and it was compounded/polished prepped and then layered with more than a few coats of the product over the course of a couple weeks. Even from the get-go the product while beading water, never performed like a coating. It was at best a regular sealant. The only aspect I might give it over a sealant was less dust attraction but that's pushing it. Needless to say after just a few washed and a few weeks of sitting outside (vehicle is not garaged) I had to re-do it with PNS.

. "Introducing Mothers CMX™ Ceramic Spray Coating, an affordable, user-friendly, professional grade, ultra-durable, super-hydrophobic protection formula. Just spray on and wipe off, with this game-changing SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide) and TiO2 (Titanium Dioxide) blend. This powerhouse combo provides ultra long-term protection from the elements and relentless water beading, without sacrificing true optical clarity, extreme depth and that signature ceramic glass-like liquidy-gloss appearance. Use as a stand-alone product, or as a booster over your existing sealant or ceramic coating. Washing and caring for your vehicle has never been easier. "

I was intrigued by being able to have a product with both SiO2 and TiO2 in it. I don't see ultra long term protection nor relentless water beading. I also wouldn't use it as a "booster" over a traditional coating as the water behavior of it isn't even close.

I hate to sound as if I'm bashing the product, as I'm not. I'm simply stating the reality from someone who has detailed cars with countless products over the years and my own experience with it. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the rest of the product but it won't be part of my use any further unless there's a significant formula change. Even as a topper the only product I've found worthy that performs well short-term is BeadMaker.
    Over-marketing to me at it's finest/worst.

6. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Mar 30, 2019

These photos are from March 30, 2019
    CMX

PNS

As you can see after the last rain, the dirt and grime is really on there. Let's see if there is any waterspots left behind.

Its supposed to rain possibly today or sometime this week, so I wont wash it to see if rain sheds the dirt.

I did have a chance to wipe down parts of my buddy's black F150 with N914 at panel prep dilution and apply CMX to the drivers window, drivers fender, hood and door and some trim. Its parked outside 24/7. Let's see how it does there.
    Well looks like rain washed off both sides pretty well to include the hood.

Wanted to wash but supposed to rain again tonight and tomorrow all day.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

April 14, 2019

Almost been 2 months now

Well its April and we are still getting snow.

Snowed and rained here, car was last washed almost month ago. Drove about 30 to 40 miles in snow, rain and slush.

Car washed 1 month ago. Was parked outdoors under tree during rain and snow.

CMX on right side

Sprayed some water on both sides to see beading

CMX

PNS

As you can see, both are doing well in regards to shedding dirt and water. Yes the CMX flat panels arent beading as tightly, but CMX is still there. Oddly its showing very tight beading on the vertical panels, as soon from above photo.

Its supposed to rain again this week so cant wash it.

I did buy some Gyeon Cancoat I want to try once warmer. I may wash and apply Megs HCW to full car next week just for giggles.

Post Thanks / Like

To add CMX didnt seem to help the snow on windshield (I dont think anything can on a cold windshield), BUT once it melted it still did phenomenal on front windshield! I was able to drive and not have to use wipers as often due to it shedding the water. With front and rear defroster running CMX and Griots glass sealant did good.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad really. Be curious to see you leave it and get an idea as how far it would go compared to the PNS

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad really. Be curious to see you leave it and get an idea as how far it would go compared to the PNS

It's still going good and been over 2 months now. If/when I remove it I will still apply CMX to another out door vehicle.

13. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

April 20, 2019

Did a waterless wash with N914, car was very dirty. Nothing to report about, no issues car cleaned up easily on both sides and still very glossy.

My CMX photos came out blurry, both sides were just as dirty and cleaned up same.

Sprayed with N914

Wiped off

Before and after with neighboring panel

The CMX side of hood has a rusty water spot from driving under train tracks after some rain. I was worried I need to polish the hood.

Nope came off with the rinseless wash

CMX side (please do not discuss the scrape on the bumper lol).

PNS side

Unfortunately I'm seeing a lot of blooming and specks on the paint, on both sides. I know the car now needs an iron remover and clay.

So at some point once its warmer and I have time, I will do a full decon, polish and perhaps try new Cancoat I have sitting around.

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast