autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers CMX vs Sonax Polymer Net Shield long term durability test

Forgot to add these from the rainstorm the other day.

Beading on both side view mirrors plastic. Both beading tightly.

I've loved to use 845 and PNS on black trim. Due to the darkening and water repellant properties they had. Granted my trim is brand new, so didnt darken much. Once it warms a bit, I'll try it on some test cars. Mothers CMX vs Sonax Polymer Net Shield long term durability test-20190223_180117-jpgMothers CMX vs Sonax Polymer Net Shield long term durability test-20190223_180104-jpg

Sorry the app is flipping my photos. The side with the bigger beads is PNS and other is CMX.

2. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All very interesting, I was looking in to using PNS then CMX came along and interested me.

Looks come first, that`s my main point, then ease of use, durability not so much.

I just don`t know which way to go now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    I'm a 303 on wipers kind of guy....I can't remember the last time I bought a new pair

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app
    You know I just heard about this 303 trick about 6 months ago, never would have thought about it but the guy who told me says it makes them last year's.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Likes Rrthomas78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post
    All very interesting, I was looking in to using PNS then CMX came along and interested me.

Looks come first, that`s my main point, then ease of use, durability not so much.

I just don`t know which way to go now.
    CMX has been working great for me and was easy to apply. Unfortunately too early to tell regarding its durability.

I've used PNS before, I would also buy Soanx BSD. That combo has easily lasted me over a year in the North East. It darkened the paint a bit too and had an amazing shine.

7. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The CMX will probably not ruin the wiper blades. Hopefully it would wear off pretty quickly from the friction. I agree with using 303 on wiper blades as it has some UV protection built in. I use 303 on most all my interior surfaces for protection. 303 doesn’t seem to hold up too long on exterior pieces though. Everyone should be using 303 on their door seals if they are planning to keep a vehicle long term.

9. Likes TTQ B4U, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wipers cost like $20 a pair. My safety's worth $20 every 6 months to have good blades so I can see. I don't see why you'd want to cheap out on being able to see well. Its like guys that buy cheap brake pads to save a few $.

It'd be kinda ironic to spend all that money on buffers, pads, polishes and coatings and then wreck the car because you couldn't see in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

303 used to make wiper wipes that came folded up in a little foil packet. I've been treating my wipers with 303 for along time. Carpro PERL also works well on the wiper blades.

giuseppe pepperoni, why do you assume we are cheaping out with your wiper blades/brake pad analogy. I use the Bosch ICON wipers which are definitely not $20 a pair. More like at least $20 each. Probably the most expensive ones at the auto stores.

Just trying to make them last as long as possible, but when they stop working well then its time to replace. Sounds reasonable.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The CMX will probably not ruin the wiper blades. Hopefully it would wear off pretty quickly from the friction. I agree with using 303 on wiper blades as it has some UV protection built in. I use 303 on most all my interior surfaces for protection. 303 doesn’t seem to hold up too long on exterior pieces though. Everyone should be using 303 on their door seals if they are planning to keep a vehicle long term.
    Is the 303 aerospace protectant you use or the protectant for the cars. They sounds like the same products but different bottles. I have the 303 Rubber Seal Protectant on the door seals. Is it more worth to use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on the door seals? Or are they like the same products.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    giuseppe pepperoni, why do you assume we are cheaping out with your wiper blades/brake pad analogy. I use the Bosch ICON wipers which are definitely not $20 a pair. More like at least $20 each. Probably the most expensive ones at the auto stores.

Just trying to make them last as long as possible, but when they stop working well then its time to replace. Sounds reasonable.
    I saw this:

I'm a 303 on wipers kind of guy....I can't remember the last time I bought a new pair

And yes, the Bosch ICONs are nice. I use Trico ExactFit because I like the simple installation from the exact hardware already being on the blade.

15. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe pepperoni View Post
    I saw this:

And yes, the Bosch ICONs are nice. I use Trico ExactFit because I like the simple installation from the exact hardware already being on the blade.
    I’m guessing he hasn’t had to buy new ones because the 303 is helping them continue to work like new.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast