autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers CMX is NOT the product I hoped it would be

Haven't followed every post in this thread but I just got through washing the Jeep which has 3 layers....if you want to call them that of Mothers CMX and perhaps I'm a coating snob, but to me it's not all in the league of what I would use going forward. I REALLY had hopes it might be good but compared to a real coating.....not even close in terms of water behavior. It wasn't even worth photographing the beads after a full hose/bucket wash with CarPro Reset. The beads reminded me of a typical spray wax. Blew dry the Jeep with my leaf blower and it was Meh.....nothing like a coating that would be 99% dry. I've since parked it in the garage along with my Infiniti....as I wash it too. I'll likely put a layer of PNS over it as it's the closest to a coating that I've used in terms of products and have no doubt it will be better. I've used it in the past and seen great results. Plans are later this summer to give it a quick polish with Essence and then UK 3.0. That was my initial plan to begin with. I'm half temped to just hit it with CanCoat and see what happens. I doubt it will have any issues bonding.

Good luck with the test here as I'm sure it's going to prove interesting. You know where my money is at on the test.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, Vegas1, SWETM, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers CMX is NOT the product I hoped it would be

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Haven't followed every post in this thread but I just got through washing the Jeep which has 3 layers....if you want to call them that of Mothers CMX and perhaps I'm a coating snob, but to me it's not all in the league of what I would use going forward. I REALLY had hopes it might be good but compared to a real coating.....not even close in terms of water behavior. It wasn't even worth photographing the beads after a full hose/bucket wash with CarPro Reset. The beads reminded me of a typical spray wax. Blew dry the Jeep with my leaf blower and it was Meh.....nothing like a coating that would be 99% dry. I've since parked it in the garage along with my Infiniti....as I wash it too. I'll likely put a layer of PNS over it as it's the closest to a coating that I've used in terms of products and have no doubt it will be better. I've used it in the past and seen great results. Plans are later this summer to give it a quick polish with Essence and then UK 3.0. That was my initial plan to begin with. I'm half temped to just hit it with CanCoat and see what happens. I doubt it will have any issues bonding.

Good luck with the test here as I'm sure it's going to prove interesting. You know where my money is at on the test.
    Thanks for the feedback. You just made it easier for me on not trying this product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers CMX vs Sonax Polymer Net Shield long term durability test

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Or is this one better?

The 1st time you got it to work you did it from the AG app. Why not continue using the app? Or how were you able to make it work on this pic?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that really sucks. I'm a harsh critic, not a fanboy of any brand or bandwagon jumper. I am surprised with the CMX so far it is doing well against PNS.

I do know often some products dont have the same results for some on here. We try and dissect and cant figure it out.

If this fails, I may step upto UK3.0 or stick with PNS since it has worked for me. I plan to try some on 3 other black cars to see how it does.

In the rain today it did well, I'll post a video tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    The 1st time you got it to work you did it from the AG app. Why not continue using the app? Or how were you able to make it work on this pic?

I am using the AG app! Theres something funky with the app and Andriod and VBB.

That last photo I had to upload independently from a image hosting site.

6. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that really sucks. I'm a harsh critic, not a fanboy of any brand or bandwagon jumper. I am surprised with the CMX so far it is doing well against PNS.

I do know often some products dont have the same results for some on here. We try and dissect and cant figure it out.

If this fails, I may step upto UK3.0 or stick with PNS since it has worked for me. I plan to try some on 3 other black cars to see how it does.

In the rain today it did well, I'll post a video tomorrow.

I am using the AG app! Theres something funky with the app and Andriod and VBB.

That last photo I had to upload independently from a image hosting site.
    Fwiw your photos look fine to me, I'm using the app...I've never had any problems posting photos via the app

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that really sucks. I'm a harsh critic, not a fanboy of any brand or bandwagon jumper. I am surprised with the CMX so far it is doing well against PNS. I do know often some products dont have the same results for some on here. We try and dissect and cant figure it out. If this fails, I may step upto UK3.0 or stick with PNS since it has worked for me. I plan to try some on 3 other black cars to see how it does. In the rain today it did well, I'll post a video tomorrow.
    I don't think you did but I of course wasn't slamming you, your test or thoughts at all. Perhaps I came in a bit blunt but that's my nature at times. Agree that results for some products vary but I tend to relate the impressions from most of us are based on what we are comfortable with and have used. My point fits just that. I'm nearly 50 and have been detailing since about age 12-14 when I worked at my parents car dealerships. I've seen so many evolutions of products and have definitely formed my opinions on a handful of good waxes, synthetic sealants, coatings and now spray-on detailers/sealants.

Still having quite a bit of CMX and Mothers HCW I will likely still use both, but likely on friends or relatives cars if / when we work on them either together or as a favor. These just don't cut it for my customer vehicles though. Not with the packages I offer. I ended up applying PNS to the entire Jeep except the roof (ran out of time) and thus we'll see how happy I am with it still.

I still plan on eventually coating it as I need to glue-pull about 4-5 door dings out when the temps warm up and will have to likely wet sand them to get the adhesive to stick. once completed I'll repolish it with Essence and top it off with UK 3.0
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used CMX but have been using HCW on my personal truck that has CQUK but is showing signs of failing at 23 months. I think the problem that we "geeks" have with the naming/branding of these 2 products, we all are familiar with true coatings and their plus and minuses. I bought the HCW for $15 plus a $5 mail in rebate so for $10'i don't expect the same level of performance as a true coating but I have to say that the HCW has shown true coating characteristics. I'm not sure yet on how long it lasts but right now I believe this would be a great system for people who don't have the time or inclination to go full blown coating.

I see nothing wrong so far as using it after a wash monthly and in my short experience it does offer good self cleaning and have noticed no water spotting. For the money and time invested one can "coat" their entire vehicle i.e. paint,plastic trim,wheels and glass and be done. I'm looking at the HCW for what it is, an alternative to what is out there now and so far it's definitely an alternative but not an end all be all

Post Thanks / Like

392 keep the updates coming, these products have been out for such a short while and any info/ observations are appreciated. Funny you mention the rain yesterday as I purposely left my truck on the drive and yes indeed it washed away 90% of the road filth.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you did but I of course wasn't slamming you, your test or thoughts at all. Perhaps I came in a bit blunt but that's my nature at times. Agree that results for some products vary but I tend to relate the impressions from most of us are based on what we are comfortable with and have used. My point fits just that. I'm nearly 50 and have been detailing since about age 12-14 when I worked at my parents car dealerships. I've seen so many evolutions of products and have definitely formed my opinions on a handful of good waxes, synthetic sealants, coatings and now spray-on detailers/sealants.

Still having quite a bit of CMX and Mothers HCW I will likely still use both, but likely on friends or relatives cars if / when we work on them either together or as a favor. These just don't cut it for my customer vehicles though. Not with the packages I offer. I ended up applying PNS to the entire Jeep except the roof (ran out of time) and thus we'll see how happy I am with it still.

I still plan on eventually coating it as I need to glue-pull about 4-5 door dings out when the temps warm up and will have to likely wet sand them to get the adhesive to stick. once completed I'll repolish it with Essence and top it off with UK 3.0

Absolutely a lot gets lost online. You're a well respected member in my books and I always follow the advice of certain members here. I've been following you since you've had your Audi.

My rant wasnt directed at anyone, but I wanted it to be clear. Not a dig at anyone, but I feel like there are a lot of "secretly" sponsored detailers in this YouTube/online era, who shill for certain companies. They arent 100 percent transparent that they receive free products and other compensation for positive reviews on YouTube, IG, forums and other places. That's something I don't ageee with in any industry. It's like with certain car reviewers lol.

I will say there are some products highly regarded that I tried to like with no luck. OCW spray wax just never worked for me for some reason. That's the beauty of so many products in this market.

I did plan to try some CMX on other cars today, but it is in the 20s with over 30mph winds. I wanted to try on some other cars without polishing to see how it did.

I do have a bottle of Essence sitting waiting to be cracked open.

12. Likes TTQ B4U, MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing thread! I like Cmx a lot I like that it hazes it gives a bright shine on my dark blue Car . The initial beading is great for me but its on a 1 yr old coating. Can coat remains undefeated Cmx and Megs are really good at beading the day you put them on and heck they dropped the topper market price down so that a win. But it’s a sealant not a coating. I have to try the one that starts with moon and is made in Korea but it’s always out of stock.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast