autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Product Review - Pinnacle SIO2 Spray...

I will start by saying that I can't compare this product to any other SIO2 products as this is the first SIO2 spray that I've used.

My personal favorite QD type product i.e. a shine and finish enhancer after a wash and dry has been Pinnacle Crystal Mist. That product is phenomenal for me and looks even beter the next day. The new SIO2 Spray is even better!

Mike P. helped us all out when it first came out with app tips on a 60's Camaro back around Xmas time. Using his suggestions, I applied it to 3 vehicles. My DD (black 07 BMW 335), the wife's '13 Nissan Altima and a customer '16 MB C300. The idea was to test it on a.) A coated car, b.) A Collonite 845 car and c.) A vehicle with no previously applied LSP whatsoever. The idea was to challenge any claims that it can be applied over any previously applied LSP or used as a stand alone.

Mike was spot on with his recommendation to preload a plush MF with a couple squirts of product first and then a spritz on the panel. As he says, using a dry towel to spread a panel spritz simply removes too much from the paint and absorbs into the towel.

I sprayed 3 squirts on the towel and then 1 spray down half the hood. Work it around with the towel and let it haze before buffing it out with another clean, dry MF towel. The shine and slickness is amazing.

I will say the slickness varied just a little for me. The wife's car (Coll 845) and the C300 Benz (no LSP) were as slick and shiny as a frog's butt. My DD with the coating was slightly less slick but the shine was phenomenal nonetheless. I'll chalk that up to the coating.

As with Crystal Mist, all 3 looked better the next day.

I will report back on the non LSP Benz and the durability as time progresses.

Folks, I can sincerely say this stuff is a game changer for me. Depending on my Benz vehicle durability test, this just may replace my current "Wash and Spray 'Wax'" jobs.

It may seem pricey to some but as is typical of these products, a little goes a long way...think about it, 2-3 sprays to your towel and then 1 spray per panel. And it's FAST to finish an entire vehicle, cutting time.

Pinnacle Crystal SiO2 Spray

2. Thanks acuRAS82, Diner, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review - Pinnacle SIO2 Spray...

Any pics? Thanks for the nice review.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have some but they really don't do any justice to the finished results in real life. 2 of the cars are white and mine is black but pics were in cloudy conditions.

I will share some of the Benz after the first wash and will hope for a sunny day.

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Paul!

Looking forward to hear how it's going with it on the different cars.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tony. As is always the question with applying over a previously applied LSP, you wonder if the underlying wax/sealant has given up or degraded thus taking the SIO2 "topper" with it.

Given that, I'll be most curious about how it holds up on the Benz as a stand alone application.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I will be following to hear about the durability updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review amigo! Well done/tested!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Thanks Tony. As is always the question with applying over a previously applied LSP, you wonder if the underlying wax/sealant has given up or degraded thus taking the SIO2 "topper" with it.

Given that, I'll be most curious about how it holds up on the Benz as a stand alone application.
    I put it over a 24 hour old coat of a ceramic wax it bonded great. This is a special product

12. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried this product back in December and posted in the link below. The hood was clayed but due to time constraints and fighting darkness the remainder of the vehicle was coated over what remained of the LSP. After 2 months of near weekly rain, several snow storms, and road salt this vehicle is still beading. I've been washing the vehicle semi regularly (at least once every two weeks temperature depending).

Pinnacle Sio2 Spray

14. Thanks Diner thanked for this post