autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro GlassFiber Microfiber Towel

Thank you Avi for sending this product along with a few other CarPro goodies to review.

Product:

CarProGlassFiber

Cost:

$9.99

Product description from CarPro

Introducing the CarPro GlassFiber, designed for easy streak free cleansing of glass! The high-density microfiber weave provides maximum cleaning with minimum residue and streaking. GlassFiber is comprised of a specially designed exposed microfiber structure, wrapped over a thin sponge core to absorb liquids and improve its cleansing abilities!

Simply clean with one GlassFiber cloth utilizing your favorite glass cleaner and follow immediately with a second GlassFiber Cloth for a streak free finish!

Features:

• Streak Free
    • Excellent Cleaning
    • Absorbent
    • Lint Free
    • Durable, absorbent, and streak free wash after wash

Specifications:

• Size: 16" x 16"
    • Blend: 80/20
    • Assembled in Germany

With a break in the rain here, I figured why not try a new product out. CarPro released this towel sometime last year.

The towel comes in a sealed bag. The label on the bag has the following information

This towel has a sponge core as part of it’s construction. It can be felt. As mentioned on the front label it helps to absorb liquids and improve the cleaning ability.

Taken out of the bag and unfolded it to show the size of the towel.

The towel is imprinted with the updated CarPro logo on the lower corner.

I did my best to capture a close up of the microfiber material. It is a short nap microfiber designed to not leave lint on the glass.

I chose to use it with Sonax Glass Cleaner with this towel as that has become my favorite glass cleaner. Any glass cleaner will do.

There is no science to cleaning glass. The frustrating part is when streaking is visible. I did not notice any visible streaking on the interior of the glass after I was done and cleaned the outside of both vehicles this towel was used on.

The towel did not leave any fibers on the glass. What I noticed about this towel is how easily it was gliding on the glass. Unlike some glass towels that tend to bunch up when wiping the glass. When I first held the towel I was skeptical as to it maneuverability but it proved to be rather maneuverable and fit into some tight spaces.

Initial impressions are good and I will continue to use it. The only downside I see is the price as a typical glass towel is much less. But with this not bunching up it could prove to be worth the cost.

Thanks again Avi.

2. Thanks fly07sti, Diner, fries, JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, DETAILROOKIE, SWETM, Loach, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro GlassFiber Microfiber Towel

great, now that you reviewed this fly07sti is going to order a case (or more of them) of them and then they'll be on backorder. j/k mike, thanks for your review and sharing your thoughts. Carpro definitely is a top 5 company for me and have some terrific products...

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    great, now that you reviewed this fly07sti is going to order a case (or more of them) of them and then they'll be on backorder. j/k mike, thanks for your review and sharing your thoughts. Carpro definitely is a top 5 company for me and have some terrific products...
    Lol. I am sure he always has room for more towels.

CarPro does make some great products. Avi was kind enough to reach out to me and he sent me quite a bit of products to play with.

6. Likes VISITOR, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Always professional, nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

8. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    You know me so well. I have had this towel in and out of my cart a few times but never pulled the trigger. Now after reading Mike’s review I have ordered “a few” to try out. Maybe a case will be in my future. lol

10. Likes The Guz, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guz. Now we have rain again down here!

The video helped, too. With the blue trimmed blue ww (I have the same), I was able to get an idea as to size and thickness.

Good stuff, Guz. Keep them coming

12. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post